Week 16 games (Mar. 8–14) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 16 games (Mar. 8–14)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Any predictions on CMU’s seed and whether BGSU will receive an at-large bid?
No chance of an at-large bid for any of the MAC teams this year.

CMU likely a 12 or 13.

Reaction Score
MD wasting no time, already up 15-5 on Iowa. Is it over already?

Reaction Score
The MAC certainly hurt themselves this year by having an extremely competitive conference where the teams beat up on each other quite often. Personally, I'd rather see Bowling Green, Buffalo, or Ohio in the tournament than a team like Notre Dame or Mississippi State. The issue is that the numbers don't look to be in the favour of the MAC with a best NET ranking of 56 held by Bowling Green. So, the computers not helping their case with the lack of respect the MAC gets as a conference probably means that they're a one bid conference this year despite multiple recent deep runs in the tournament by CMU and Buffalo.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The MAC certainly hurt themselves this year by having an extremely competitive conference where the teams beat up on each other quite often. Personally, I'd rather see Bowling Green, Buffalo, or Ohio in the tournament than a team like Notre Dame or Mississippi State. The issue is that the numbers don't look to be in the favour of the MAC with a best NET ranking of 56 held by Bowling Green. So, the computers not helping their case with the lack of respect the MAC gets as a conference probably means that they're a one bid conference this year despite multiple recent deep runs in the tournament by CMU and Buffalo.
It was more than an issue of the better teams in the MAC beating up on each other. They also lost too many games to the middle and bottom of the conference. Ohio is a good example, since in theory they entered conference play in the best position to build an at-large-worthy resume with the win over Notre Dame (with ND missing two key players, but still).

But Ohio's losses came not only to the top 3 other teams in the conference (Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Buffalo). They also lost to Eastern Michigan, Ball State, Kent State and Akron. Just not a good overall resume.

I don't like reading too much into one game, but I find eye-opening the fact that the team that won the regular season title by 1.5 games (Bowling Green) lost to a pretty lame Purdue team this year.

Reaction Score
Missouri St had to forfeit game rather than play a team with Covid exposure

snatches a bid from a bubble team and hurts MoSt case for a 4 seed

dumpster fire

Reaction Score
Missouri St had to forfeit game rather than play a team with Covid exposure

snatches a bid from a bubble team and hurts MoSt case for a 4 seed

dumpster fire

I haven't seen anything official on what's occurring here -- details still forthcoming per the official source. I'm holding judgement until I know more.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I haven't seen anything official on what's occurring here -- details still forthcoming per the official source. I'm holding judgement until I know more.
Also withholding my judgment till I know more, but this string of tweets is certainly interesting:

Reaction Score
Being talked about on twitter , not that that is confirmation

Reaction Score
Being talked about on twitter , not that that is confirmation

Yeah, I've seen the string of tweets, just waiting until official word. Regardless of the official word in the end, it's not a good look to consider making a team forfeit because they don't want to put themselves at risk for COVID. That being said, one would think all the teams agreed to a protocol before the tournament -- and if they're following that protocol, I'm not sure that there's an easy answer in this case.

Reaction Score
VCU ends Dayton's hopes of making the tournament with a 56-50 clipping of the Flyers. They'll get to face UMass or St. Louis to see who goes a dancin'.

Reaction Score
VCU ends Dayton's hopes of making the tournament with a 56-50 clipping of the Flyers. They'll get to face UMass or St. Louis to see who goes a dancin'.
Another #1 bites the dust

Reaction Score
Yeah, I've seen the string of tweets, just waiting until official word. Regardless of the official word in the end, it's not a good look to consider making a team forfeit because they don't want to put themselves at risk for COVID. That being said, one would think all the teams agreed to a protocol before the tournament -- and if they're following that protocol, I'm not sure that there's an easy answer in this case.
Now ESPN app says Bradley will play Loyola tonight ?

Reaction Score

Missouri State opts out, Bradley vs. Loyola in a reseeding of the remaining bracket and Drake plays the winner for a bid.

Reaction Score
7th seeded UMass upset #2 SLU 90-81 to make it to the A10 final.
They play VCU tmow.

UMass & Boston U striving to join UConn as the New England entrants in the tourney.

Reaction Score
Mid-major transfer championship now on CBSSN

Okla transfer Nancy Mulkey leads Rice vs Tenn transfer A Hayes of MTSU

Reaction Score
Mid-major transfer championship now on CBSSN

Okla transfer Nancy Mulkey leads Rice vs Tenn transfer A Hayes of MTSU
MTSU also has transfers Rellah Boothe (TX & JUCO) and Deja Cage (DePaul & Ole Miss)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
The Southland Championship tomorrow will pit regular-season champion Stephen F. Austin against Sam Houston State. Both teams were victorious in their respective semi-final matches today.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Mulkey is 6'9" ? My goodness...why isn't she touching the ball on every possession?

Reaction Score
Mulkey is 6'9" ? My goodness...why isn't she touching the ball on every possession?

Really poor coaching and execution. I don’t understand why Rice wasn’t lobbing the ball earlier in the game.

Reaction Score
Really poor coaching and execution. I don’t understand why Rice wasn’t lobbing the ball earlier in the game.
When they went on that late comeback, 3 times down the floor, 3 easy baskets + a foul.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In their final season in their 50th season in the MEAC..... my #1 seeded Aggies of NC A&T were trying to go out of the league on top. Seemingly in control late in the 3rd quarter.. the Aggies let a 44-35 lead turn into a 50-46 deficit. Nip and tuck throughout the 4th quarter... Howard led 57-53 with a minute to go. Deja Winters hits a 3 to make it 57-56.... and the aggies force a turnover with 21 seconds to go. Then they go ahead and quickly turn the ball over back to the bison and are forced to foul with 11 seconds left. The Star of the game for the Bison.... Guard Iyanna Warren who had hit 9-11 from the line for the game... promptly misses both free throws..... the aggies push the ball upcourt and Winters hits the game winning 3 from the corner with three seconds to go to win their last MEAC title 59-57.

Gotta use this one :p
NCATFans_original.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom