Week 14 Top 25 Games and other NCAAT Teams | The Boneyard

Week 14 Top 25 Games and other NCAAT Teams

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Here is the list, including a battle for top spot in the A10 in Rhody vs. UMass on Thursday. I have also included both sets of Oregon vs. Washington Universities due to the high profile posters we have. I included Louisville on Sunday as I feel after their Win on Thursday against ND, they deserve the spotlight. We have 8 ranked opponents facing each this week, with specific highlights of #2 Indiana @#13 tOSU tonight Big Ten Network, #9 Duke @#11 VPI (Thursday ACCNX), Upset special with #4 Utah @#18 Arizona on Friday (PAC12) and of course #6 UConn @#14 Villanova on Saturday.
WCBB wk14.png

Reaction Score
The two games tonight carry serious seeding implications for a two seed.

Texas must win tonight (and pretty much from now on) to get a two seed. The are 9-1 hot.

Ohio State is figthing several other Big Ten teams for a two seed and they need a home court stop to the bleeding. They have 3 losses in their last four game that started where? On Indiana's home court.

Reaction Score
Indiana is cruising. I had a feeling about this one. Also feeling bad for Sheldon, and OSU in general. They got off to such a great start.

Also OSU may not wanna single cover Mackenzie Holmes.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Indiana is cruising. I had a feeling about this one. Also feeling bad for Sheldon, and OSU in general. They got off to such a great start.

Also OSU may not wanna single cover Mackenzie Holmes.
OSU doubled Holmes quite a bit, but she's really good at passing out or occasionally muscling through.

I think Indiana is legitimately the second-best team in the nation now. I hate to say it, but there was an up side to Berger being out for a month. Moore-McNeill picked up the point guard spot very quickly, so they effectively have two (converted) point guards on the floor now. I think the world of Berger. She just has this sixth sense, able to do exactly what the team needs done when the wheels begin coming off the rails. And Holmes is one of the two or three best posts in the NCAA this year. Add in Garzon, Parrish, and Scalia and that's a pretty good supporting (and occasionally starring) cast.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Here is the list, including a battle for top spot in the A10 in Rhody vs. UMass on Thursday. I have also included both sets of Oregon vs. Washington Universities due to the high profile posters we have. I included Louisville on Sunday as I feel after their Win on Thursday against ND, they deserve the spotlight. We have 8 ranked opponents facing each this week, with specific highlights of #2 Indiana @#13 tOSU tonight Big Ten Network, #9 Duke @#11 VPI (Thursday ACCNX), Upset special with #4 Utah @#18 Arizona on Friday (PAC12) and of course #6 UConn @#14 Villanova on Saturday.
View attachment 84071
Hey @DefenseBB just want to let you know that the UConn @ Villanova is on FOX not SNY.

Reaction Score
OSU doubled Holmes quite a bit, but she's really good at passing out or occasionally muscling through.

I think Indiana is legitimately the second-best team in the nation now. I hate to say it, but there was an up side to Berger being out for a month. Moore-McNeill picked up the point guard spot very quickly, so they effectively have two (converted) point guards on the floor now. I think the world of Berger. She just has this sixth sense, able to do exactly what the team needs done when the wheels begin coming off the rails. And Holmes is one of the two or three best posts in the NCAA this year. Add in Garzon, Parrish, and Scalia and that's a pretty good supporting (and occasionally starring) cast.
At this point they’re in the driver’s seat for the second 1-seed and would probably have to lose 3 games to fall off the line overall. I think there’s a chance they lose to Iowa on the road and perhaps again in the conference tournament but I don’t see them dropping either of their last home games.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
After a night with NO GAMES, we get back to action tonight with 4 TOP 25 games and the most competitive on the docket is UConn-Creighton. Others are 'Nova at SJU, Texas Tech at Oklahoma and Wisc at Iowa.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, the ACC certainly back-ended the ND-Louisville home and home games to amp up the drama.
ND's still without formidable post Lauren Ebo. Having said that, Jeff Walz has taken one of his twin towers (Dixon) out of the starting lineup, as well as forward Morgan Jones. However, expect uber pressure by Mykasa Robinson & Co. on 'Liv Miles and Sonia Citron, now that that Mabrey's out for the season.

Tough stretch of games for ND. On Sunday, they play Pitt, which played the Irish really tough in South Bend and the Panthers then went and beat Ga. Tech on the road. Plus. they may be playing for Lance White's job at this point.

Good news is that Kylee Robinson has been more assertive on offense recently and early enrollee Cassandre Prosper is getting more comfortable each game. Long, lithe, active defender and rebounder.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Well, the ACC certainly back-ended the ND-Louisville home and home games to amp up the drama.
ND's still without formidable post Lauren Ebo. Having said that, Jeff Walz has taken one of his twin towers (Dixon) out of the starting lineup, as well as forward Morgan Jones. However, expect uber pressure by Mykasa Robinson & Co. on 'Liv Miles and Sonia Citron, now that that Mabrey's out for the season.

Tough stretch of games for ND. On Sunday, they play Pitt, which played the Irish really tough in South Bend and the Panthers then went and beat Ga. Tech on the road. Plus. they may be playing for Lance White's job at this point.

Good news is that Kylee Robinson has been more assertive on offense recently and early enrollee Cassandre Prosper is getting more comfortable each game. Long, lithe, active defender and rebounder.
How is Watson doing? What is the prognosis for Ebo?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
How is Watson doing? What is the prognosis for Ebo?
Ebo appears to be game-to-game, which is something UConn fans can relate to. She's got the walking boot off, and is out on the floor while her teammates shoot, but she's firmly planted on the bench in street clothes. Watson has just started playing freely, like someone who knows she's going 25-30 minutes come heck or high water. Nat Marshall had a good 10-15 minutes in relief.

I can understand how Senechal is wearing down being the center of guards' attention. Even though it's only been 5 games or so, the opposition is targeting Citron now. Constant attention wears on you, right?

Reaction Score

Agree…and Indiana is one of my favorite teams to watch this year. Holmes is not being discussed enough nationally as a top 5 player this year, but she is every bit of that.

Reaction Score

We get Notre Dame on Senior Night. Should be by far the largest crowd of the year at the Yum Center, especially since we most likely aren't going to be hosting a first round this year.

I'm looking forward to Miles vs Robinson tomorrow night. Should be a good game but I'm giving the edge to the Irish.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I just noticed my Rk symbol is off by one line on the chart, so my apologies. Tonight has 2 big games on the docket and a few very interesting games:
  • Duke at VPI (for those not named @triaddukefan, that's Virginia Tech) is a huge game for VPI
  • Michigan at Indiana while Michigan is on a 4 game winning streak, this game is at Indiana. Side note: Indiana is having a 41% attendance increase from last year 4,726 to 6,651 this year!
  • Louisville at ND with the Cardinals coming in on a 4 game winning streak and playing better.
  • NC at NC State-NC losers of 2 of 3, NC State losers of 3 of 4 with one of the teams hoping to right the ship.
  • Ole Miss (9-3 SEC) at LSU (11-1) with the Rebels trying to hold onto 4th place and that double round bye and show relevancy in a weak SEC. Honestly, Ole Miss has been fortunate with the schedule thus far as they haven't played LSU or SC yet and have to play at Alabama who they lost to earlier this year.
  • UMass (11-1, 21-4) at Rhode Island (12-0, 21-3) for the supremacy of the A10. UMass lone loss was against Rhody.

Reaction Score
I just noticed my Rk symbol is off by one line on the chart, so my apologies. Tonight has 2 big games on the docket and a few very interesting games:
  • Duke at VPI (for those not named @triaddukefan, that's Virginia Tech) is a huge game for VPI
  • Michigan at Indiana while Michigan is on a 4 game winning streak, this game is at Indiana. Side note: Indiana is having a 41% attendance increase from last year 4,726 to 6,651 this year!
  • Louisville at ND with the Cardinals coming in on a 4 game winning streak and playing better.
  • NC at NC State-NC losers of 2 of 3, NC State losers of 3 of 4 with one of the teams hoping to right the ship.
  • Ole Miss (9-3 SEC) at LSU (11-1) with the Rebels trying to hold onto 4th place and that double round bye and show relevancy in a weak SEC. Honestly, Ole Miss has been fortunate with the schedule thus far as they haven't played LSU or SC yet and have to play at Alabama who they lost to earlier this year.
  • UMass (11-1, 21-4) at Rhode Island (12-0, 21-3) for the supremacy of the A10. UMass lone loss was against Rhody.
Got some solid games upcoming.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Thanks again. Lot's of channel and stream surfing going on tonght. (Might need to change the batteries on the remote! ;) )
BTW, not only has Louisville ripped off 4 straight since Walz shook up his lineup (going back to defensive attack mode), but they've won six straight against the Irish (the longest current losing streak the Irish have against any team.).

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Whoa. ND and Louisville going down to the wire...and beyond. This one seemed like it belonged to the team that had the ball last.
And that was the Irish, who inbounded with 3.8 seconds left and got it to 'Liv Miles who hit the game-winning jumper at the buzzer for the 78-76 win. This victory puts ND into a tie with Duke, with three games left.

Miles went for 18 pts., 11 rebounds and 9 assists, while Kylee Watson had her second straight double-digit scoring night, finishing with 20 points on 8 for 8 from the field and 4-7 from the FT line. Sonia Citron had three 3's en route to 15 points.

Hailey Van Lith had 19 pts -- 11 in the first quarter -- while Chrislyn Carr had 15, getting red hot in the 2nd half. Van Lith and Mykasa Robinson played all 45 minutes for Louisville while Citron and Miles played 44 and 43, respectively, for ND

These two teams do it again in 10 days at Louisville. The Irish head to Pittsburgh to play the Panthers on Sunday, who just won the third of their last fourth games. Then, Ga. Tech heads north to ND for senior night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is no question that Indiana is solid as that #2 team in the nation. Wow. They look impressive and to make it even worse, they had an off-shooting night. They have multiple scoring options. MacKenzie Holmes is going to be one heck of a player at the next level.

Reaction Score
In games involving ranked teams last night the home teams, ranked or unranked, all won except for over matched Penn State vs OSU. Another way of looking at it.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
We get Notre Dame on Senior Night. Should be by far the largest crowd of the year at the Yum Center, especially since we most likely aren't going to be hosting a first round this year.

I'm looking forward to Miles vs Robinson tomorrow night. Should be a good game but I'm giving the edge to the Irish.
...and that edge only came at the buzzer ... of OT! What a barn-burner! I can't see what Coach Walz is going to do without Mykasa next year: she's his extension on the floor. She and Hailey Van Lith both went all 45 minutes last night and worked it every second. Can say the same for Miles (43) and Citron (44) on the Irish.

I've always wondered why Hailey Van Lith looks so beat at the end of games and this game showed why: in her attempts to get away from Citron or Prosper, I've never seen a player run around, through or via screens (doubled up at times). Carr did, too, but not like Hailey Van Lith.

Both teams will do it again in what, 9 or 10 days!

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
...and that edge only came at the buzzer ... of OT! What a barn-burner! I can't see what Coach Walz is going to do without Mykasa next year: she's his extension on the floor. She and Hailey Van Lith both went all 45 minutes last night and worked it every second. Can say the same for Miles (43) and Citron (44) on the Irish.

I've always wondered why Hailey Van Lith looks so beat at the end of games and this game showed why: in her attempts to get away from Citron or Prosper, I've never seen a player run around, through or via screens (doubled up at times). Carr did, too, but not like Hailey Van Lith.

Both teams will do it again in what, 9 or 10 days!
Did you send a “thank you” note to Jeff Walz for his brain cramp of inserting Josie Williams for Olivia Cochran at 4:23 left in OT and leaving her in until 1:40? For logic sake why are you inserting a seldom used player to log 3 of her 5 min in OT? That, in my mind cost Louisville the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom