We look completely out classed | The Boneyard

We look completely out classed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't watch but here is my assessment and its been said before. Gibbs is NOT a point. Hes a good ball player but he needs to be set up by others. Adams is the future as he goes this team goes, its that simple. This is like the Drummond team, LOADS of talent but it does not work together. Of course Ollie must realize how its going with Gibbs as point, so there is that... its just so bad to watch him force it.

Reaction Score
At this point it looks like Ollie's offense just isn't good. Napier and Daniels covered up A LOT of the deficiencies early on, but this is just pathetic now.
Lol I very much doubt his offensive scheme is "run around like a bunch of headless chickens"

This is on the players

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
At this point it looks like Ollie's offense just isn't good. Napier and Daniels covered up A LOT of the deficiencies early on, but this is just pathetic now.
People don't realize how much Bazz had put on his shoulders, that title always had more to do with Bazz, than it did KO.
I won't say it's Luke Walton/Golden State..... but similar

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Gibbs is losing his shine. Against the good teams we've faced so far, he looks a step slow. I think it's time to start really considering playing Adams more minutes.

Reaction Score
Ollie is also losing his shine, the entire team is lost. Can't believe what I'm seeing, Maryland should be up by 30.

Reaction Score
Actually disgusted at this game, this team is worse then last year right now, cuz we don't have a go to like Boat. Ollie needs to do something at half because he didn't adjust much during the game. If we don't break out a strong press I'd be pretty annoyed, but then again I already am

Reaction Score
No offensive scheme what's so ever. No flow. No easy baskets. No nothing.

Reaction Score
This is one of those games where it's gonna be painful to watch the whole thing

Reaction Score
Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....Gibbs is not a PG....

Reaction Score
Lol I very much doubt his offensive scheme is "run around like a bunch of headless chickens"

This is on the players

Agreed, except it is obvious what Maryland is doing. They are doubling/hedging strong on all of our screen/rolls (which is our offense) and are forcing the handler to make a quick decision. Our guards are trying to dribble out of the double and any semblance of an offense scheme is gone. Turgeon scouted us well. Now going into the 2nd half, KO has to make an adjustment or instruct the ball handler to get rid of the damn ball. Hard to watch us do the exact same thing every single possession with no adjustments. That's on KO.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Actually disgusted at this game, this team is worse then last year right now, cuz we don't have a go to like Boat. Ollie needs to do something at half because he didn't adjust much during the game. If we don't break out a strong press I'd be pretty annoyed, but then again I already am
What are the odds we mix things up in the second half? Trying to play half court basketball is not the answer.

Reaction Score
We do not belong on this court. This is not uconn basketball. I'm at the game and the crowd is besides themselves. NIT bound again.....if we even deserve that

Reaction Score
We needs a point guard so desperately, Alterique can't get here soon enough.

Reaction Score
Agreed, except it is obvious what Maryland is doing. They are doubling/hedging strong on all of our screen/rolls (which is our offense) and are forcing the handler to make a quick decision. Our guards are trying to dribble out of the double and any semblance of an offense scheme is gone. Turgeon scouted us well. Now going into the 2nd half, KO has to make an adjustment or instruct the ball handler to get rid of the damn ball. Hard to watch us do the exact same thing every single possession with no adjustments. That's on KO.
Why do you have to wait until half to make that adjustment?

Reaction Score
Purvis needs a new gameplan, he cannot make driving layups and he cannot make the free throws when fouled, so stop driving the lane and throwing bricks at the rim. learn to pull up and hit a floater.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Looks like UConn has a lot of complimentary players and no stars.
Gibbs can't run an offensive.
Then the little things. Purvis missed free throws.
Gibbs misses wide open threes.
Hamilton not finishing at the rim.
The grey headed ref is killing us.
The obvious thing is that MD's guard are dominating UConn's.
Gibbs and Purvis can't even come close to breaking them down off the dribble like Boat could. So the offense stalls.

Reaction Score
Maryland is GD good.

No they are not. Very few teams in todays college basketball are GD good.

We finished in 6th place in the AAC last year. Was it a GD good conference? Nope.

This is on Ollie.

Reaction Score

This is on the players

We've been 62nd, 39th, 102nd, and 35th(number will go way down after tonight) in his 4 years. At what point does he start to see some of the blame? His tempo is also pathetically slow every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom