We avoided Baylor and Gonzaga | The Boneyard

We avoided Baylor and Gonzaga

Reaction Score
lol why are we looking so far ahead. the favorability of our bracket draw should really be based on the first two games. we haven't really demonstrated enough to look ahead much further than that.

who would you rather play (with KenPom ranks in parenthesis):
  • Maryland (31) / Bama (8)
  • VCU (45) / Iowa (5)
  • VaTech (50) / Ohio State (7)
  • Rutgers (34) / Houston (6)

and if you include the 8 seeds:
  • Misouri (51) / Gonzaga (1)
  • St Bonaventure (25) / Michigan (2)
  • Wisconsin (10) / Baylor (4)
  • GaTech (32) / Illinois (3)

Reaction Score
who would you rather play (with KenPom ranks in parenthesis):
  • Maryland (31) / Bama (8)
  • VCU (45) / Iowa (5)
  • VaTech (50) / Ohio State (7)
  • Rutgers (34) / Houston (6)

and if you include the 8 seeds:
  • Misouri (51) / Gonzaga (1)
  • St Bonaventure (25) / Michigan (2)
  • Wisconsin (10) / Baylor (4)
  • GaTech (32) / Illinois (3)
so we got the best 10 seed and worst 2 seed according to kenpom. but according to the overall seeding bama is the best 2 seed

i think St Bs and UM is the "easiest" combo assuming livers is out

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Absolutely. As a 7 seed, we avoid a 1 seed should we win. We drew an SEC/MAAC team should we win. We are in the region with the “worst” 1 seed, although I would not have minded facing Michigan should Livers still be out. Heck, we ended up in a quadrant with Georgetown.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We have the kind of team that could lose the first game or give good teams a problem. The potential is there in our bracket to keep moving ahead or fizzle early. We often enough need a lot of Bouknight against better teams. It’s just nice to be back in the hunt.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We have the kind of team that could lose the first game or give good teams a problem. The potential is there in our bracket to keep moving ahead or fizzle early. We often enough need a lot of Bouknight against better teams. It’s just nice to be back in the hunt.
If you remember, in 2014 we almost lost the first game if not for the brimah and 1. Then we gave a lot of good teams problems.

Reaction Score
Maryland is so much like us except we have Bouk who will need to come out with a vengeance.
from what i have seen (admittedly not much) they don't seem to have a traditional point guard OR a traditional center, which means adama and rj will have to work really hard defensively but could ultimately be mismatches on the offensive end. we will see!

Reaction Score
If you remember, in 2014 we almost lost the first game if not for the brimah and 1. Then we gave a lot of good teams problems.
Bro.... we crushed every team in our path. Wasn’t our average victory like 8 points or something? And we missed like what 4 fts the whole tournament!!!!!

Reaction Score
Maryland is so much like us except we have Bouk who will need to come out with a vengeance.
Maryland doesn't have great size if I remember. Their starting center is 6'7, Sanogo could feast on Saturday

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Bro.... we crushed every team in our path. Wasn’t our average victory like 8 points or something? And we missed like what 4 fts the whole tournament!!!!!
St. Joes took us to OT, but yeah after that we steamrolled everyone.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
Avoided Baylor and Zags but got screwed by getting the best rated KenPom 10 seed (Maryland) and a 1B seed in Alabama lurking next round. I’d say far from easiest. Give me Virginia Tech and Ohio St all day over our draw.

And Illinois is now ranked 2nd over Baylor. I’d rather play Baylor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom