Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
National Championship repercussions….

• 4 players to NBA Draft
  • 3 players transferring
  • Miss on top Transfer target

lol- who would’ve thought.

With all that said, I still feel great about our future.
You make it sound like these are problems. These are signs of a healthy program.

Reaction Score
If we had lost to Iona this would be a lot more concerning and the urgency to win now with a guy like Timberlake much higher.

As it is, we're returning at least one starter and possibly up to 3, an excellent center, and bringing in a top 5 recruiting class.

Honestly, if we had gotten Timberlake and kept everyone, we'd probably have to worry about some of those guys decommitting. In the long run I think this is a wash. I'd rather have 2-3 years of Solo Ball than 1 of Timberlake and another transfer.

Reaction Score
You new here?
Post the quotes where people are losing their minds over the transfers and two players testing the waters. I’ve seen mostly a wait-and-see sentiment and to trust DH

Reaction Score
1682014656932.gif

Reaction Score
Trust Hurley will find what he needs. Turn the pups loose let them ball. Good for them and the team along with Karaban and Clingan and whoever else would be a good and fun team.

Reaction Score
My intention was to have a positive message but I just couldn’t resist to throw a shut up in there to beat the trolls on this board to the punch.

Reaction Score
Getting Jackson to stay would be a big win. He is the straw that stirs the drink, and only gets better with one more year.
Be careful! I got scoffed at by a few here last week for suggesting AJax could still improve in a couple specific areas by returning and turn himself into a lottery pick or at least a guy who gets big minutes rookie year in the NBA. For many the only correct opinion on this board is "it's great everyone goes pro regardless of where they'd be picked, it's selfish to think otherwise, and we'll win the natty again next year even if 4 of our starters leave." I think it's so obvious we're a sustainably elite (blue blood) program it doesn't even need to be questioned whether we'll "be fine." You're not a terrible fan for hoping AJ and TN return (and that it's likely best for them between NIL money and development) and we then have an awesome chance to repeat.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I think we need to make some Daily Affirmations for members of the ‘Yard during this next month of uncertainty
Now you're sounding like that Jebidiah guy in the Leach Field when people were anxious about DH's ability to win in post-season play.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's YEAR 6 and only won games in ONE postseason (am I doing this right??) Lol.
He’s averaging one postseason win per year. That’s unacceptable.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Be careful! I got scoffed at by a few here last week for suggesting AJax could still improve in a couple specific areas by returning and turn himself into a lottery pick or at least a guy who gets big minutes rookie year in the NBA. For many the only correct opinion on this board is "it's great everyone goes pro regardless of where they'd be picked, it's selfish to think otherwise, and we'll win the natty again next year even if 4 of our starters leave." I think it's so obvious we're a sustainably elite (blue blood) program it doesn't even need to be questioned whether we'll "be fine." You're not a terrible fan for hoping AJ and TN return (and that it's likely best for them between NIL money and development) and we then have an awesome chance to repeat.
An individual who cares about another person hopes that an outcome provides that other person the most happiness and greatest chance for success.

If the personal goal for Andre and Tristen is to make it to the NBA and their chances are good they can achieve that goal this year I hope it happens. Obviously there is a possibility that waiting till next year can improve their situation but the converse is also true. They ultimately will have to decide.

From the standpoint of UConn’s chances of success next season the situation is significantly better if AJ and TN return. They allow an easier transition for the freshman. Furthermore Andre is the consummate player coach. It would not be an overstatement to say Andre was the most critical element in getting this year’s team to be cohesive.

What we want for either player would be selfish only if we knew absolutely which choice would be better for the players and lobbied for an outcome that benefited our preference more.

Nonetheless I’ve observed enough of humanity to recognize we are very good at making rational sounding statements that make us sound noble when we are trying to deflect our own selfish interests. A good number of us do it so often we actually convince ourselves we are being noble when we are not. And many of these are not con artists, or worse, politicians.

Not implying you fit into this category. Just using your post to make some points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom