) -Caitlin Clark (Iowa)
-Elissa Cunane (NC State)
-Naz Hillmon (Michigan)
-Rhyne Howard (Kentucky)
-Ashley Joens (Iowa State)
-Haley Jones (Stanford)
-Elizabeth Kitley (Virginia Tech)
-NaLyssa Smith (Baylor)

Means no new banners will be raised on the Wall of Honor. Christyn didn't have a dominant year, nor did she receive a lot of publicity outside of Connecticut. Would have helped Christyn is UConn had won a couple of the games against the Elite Opponents.

Maddy Seigrist of Villanova is a HUGE Snub and should be on the list.

Reaction Score
WBCA All-Americans:
-Aliyah Boston (South Carolina)
-Cam Brink (Stanford
) -Caitlin Clark (Iowa)
-Naz Hillmon (Michigan)
-Rhyne Howard (Kentucky)
-Haley Jones (Stanford)
-NaLyssa Smith (Baylor)

Means no new banners will be raised on the Wall of Honor. Christyn didn't have a dominant year, nor did she receive a lot of publicity outside of Connecticut. Would have helped Christyn is UConn had won a couple of the games against the Elite Opponents.

Who would you remove so you could add Seigrist?

Reaction Score
WBCA All-Americans:
-Cam Brink (Stanford
) -Caitlin Clark (Iowa)
-Naz Hillmon (Michigan)
-Rhyne Howard (Kentucky)
-Haley Jones (Stanford)
-NaLyssa Smith (Baylor)

I may get slammed for this but I'm not sure I'd put Brink as a top 10 player. She can be when she's "on" but I've seen her be bench or play limited minutes due to foul trouble, and I don't get many opportunities to watch Stanford play. She is the 2nd best player on the best or 2nd best team so of course she gets attention and is for sure a great player, but I wouldn't have put her on the team.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Notice that the common thread is that every player is from a P5 team.

I think that a few other players could be considered but because I really don't follow every one of the selections I don't know how their seasons match up.
For example, Aneesah Morrow. I think her season, statistically, had to be better than Kitley's (even though I do like her).

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Who would you remove so you could add Seigrist?
Soley based on watching Elissa Cunane play in the tournament she's the player I would remove to add Seigrist. Kitley was the star for Virginia Tech, but she would also be another player I would consider. For most removing Kitley would be more acceptable then Cunane.

Reaction Score
Notice that the common thread is that every player is from a P5 team.

I think that a few other players could be considered but because I really don't follow every one of the selections I don't know how their seasons match up.
For example, Aneesah Morrow. I think her season, statistically, had to be better than Kitley's (even though I do like her).
Tough to get mid-majors on this list unless UConn players have great seasons. There will always be a bias towards P5 schools.

Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard

This shouldn't be about WNBA draft prospects or possible pro potential. Siegrist was a better play than Howard.
For me...it's not just about that. Siegrist is a good player. It also can't just be about putting up numbers. Most of the statistical categories are led by players who played in the NIT tournament or no tournament. Siegrist was great against teams that didn't make the tournament. She was average against those which did. She torched Depaul one game...and then in a rematch not so much...and Depaul was a bubble team. This isn't an exact science, and we all know that, but IMO from A - Z...Howard is a better player. Having said that...I'm not a fan of these awards because when it comes to figuring out what the results means...no one can agree.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
WBCA All-Americans:
-Cam Brink (Stanford
) -Caitlin Clark (Iowa)
-Naz Hillmon (Michigan)
-Rhyne Howard (Kentucky)
-Haley Jones (Stanford)
-NaLyssa Smith (Baylor)

I read all of the comments above. I won't argue with anyone's comments. This list represents the best of the best in WCBB. I'll just add that I agree that Siegrist should be on this list. She had that kind of year. Who should be removed to make room for her is not my worry. :cool:

Reaction Score
WBCA All-Americans:
-Cam Brink (Stanford
) -Caitlin Clark (Iowa)
-Naz Hillmon (Michigan)
-Rhyne Howard (Kentucky)
-Haley Jones (Stanford)
-NaLyssa Smith (Baylor)
This year in women's hoops we were blessed to have so many outstanding players. I'm sure that that list could have easily been filled with 20 names.

Reaction Score
And I think we should go right at her early tonight and that CD can draw a foul on her too.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I may get slammed for this but I'm not sure I'd put Brink as a top 10 player. She can be when she's "on" but I've seen her be bench or play limited minutes due to foul trouble, and I don't get many opportunities to watch Stanford play. She is the 2nd best player on the best or 2nd best team so of course she gets attention and is for sure a great player, but I wouldn't have put her on the team.
I would put Brink above Joens, Cunnane and Hillman. I have seen all of these players 10 or more games this year.

Reaction Score
There may be no UConn players on this list, which is based on a full year of play. But we have the best player in the game…right now! How can a final four team get this far and not have at least one All American? Because they are a team! I do feel bad for Christen. 4 straight final 4s and no name on the wall. Hoping an all tournament team placing is in the cards.

Reaction Score
Looks like some good comments to be had AFTER the Huskies defeat Stanford to repeat history from 1995: Underdogs [UnderHuskies... in case it has not been coined yet :cool: ] again just to add drama to the Target Center, where the UCONN women will be better marksmen from ALL distances, as Geno and CD continue to be the best "Rangemasters" in the sport.

Reaction Score
Looks like some good comments to be had AFTER the Huskies defeat Stanford to repeat history from 1995: Underdogs [UnderHuskies... in case it has not been coined yet :cool: ] again just to add drama to the Target Center, where the UCONN women will be better marksmen from ALL distances, as Geno and CD continue to be the best "Rangemasters" in the sport.
It's amazing how many of the players on those teams over the years are average or worse at the next level.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
There may be no UConn players on this list, which is based on a full year of play. But we have the best player in the game…right now! How can a final four team get this far and not have at least one All American? Because they are a team! I do feel bad for Christen. 4 straight final 4s and no name on the wall. Hoping an all tournament team placing is in the cards.
Actually Christyn has only 3 straight final fours, the 2020 tournament was cancelled due to COVID.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom