Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25 for 2021-22 | The Boneyard

Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25 for 2021-22

Reaction Score
A lot of things confuse me about this list, but the top one has to be Maryland at 5 and Michigan at 12. Emphasis on way too early I guess. Still nice to see Goodman giving UConn some love.

Reaction Score
A lot of things confuse me about this list, but the top one has to be Maryland at 5 and Michigan at 12. Emphasis on way too early I guess. Still nice to see Goodman giving UConn some love.
Goodman’s really done a 180 in my view. I remember during the end of the Calhoun era and during the Ollie years (back when he was still with ESPN), he never missed a shot to take a jab at UConn. Now, he tends to treat us fairly, if not show us some love.

I’m assuming he was not someone that got along with Calhoun and that extended to KO, but he’s friendly with Hurley.

Reaction Score
Goodman’s really done a 180 in my view. I remember during the end of the Calhoun era and during the Ollie years (back when he was still with ESPN), he never missed a shot to take a jab at UConn. Now, he tends to treat us fairly, if not show us some love.

I’m assuming he was not someone that got along with Calhoun and that extended to KO, but he’s friendly with Hurley.
He really liked Shabazz...but I don’t think UConn is hated under Dan Hurley. First of all, we have not been the goliath like we were under Calhoun. When you get to the top of the mountain, a lot of people try to knock you off, but we have not gotten there yet. The Hurley’s are very well respected in the basketball world, not saying Jim Calhoun and Kevin Ollie were not, but I don’t think I have ever heard anything negative said about Bob Sr, Bobby, and Dan.

Reaction Score
13. Syracuse

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Neither us nor Syracuse, as rosters are currently constructed, should be in this way-too-early top 25.

But especially not Cuse at 13. THIRTEEN!?!? That team has 18-12, playing for the bubble again, written all over it... or maybe worse, the way the program has trended since their season ended. Even if they add pieces of need, they should maybe barely crack the top 25.

The only way we are a pre-season top 25 team is if we add talented, veteran, shooting+scoring. Otherwise, we are not a preseason top 25 team until Gaffney, Jackson, Akok and Sanogo take the next step (which should end up happening, but not for pre-season polls), or any of the incoming freshmen turn out to be instantly special.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We need to get a lot better if we want to be gunning for a title. Would anyone on our roster (besides Bouk) have even gotten any minutes for Baylor?? We’re on our way there, but there is still a massive gap between our abilities and a championship level team. Our guys need to take a big step forward in development this summer

Reaction Score
There's what...1,500 players in the transfer portal? Plus all the seniors with the option to return or transfer? How can anyone accurately rank teams.

Reaction Score
Neither us nor Syracuse, as rosters are currently constructed, should be in this way-too-early top 25.

But especially not Cuse at 13. THIRTEEN!?!? That team has 18-12, playing for the bubble again, written all over it... or maybe worse, the way the program has trended since their season ended. Even if they add pieces of need, they should maybe barely crack the top 25.

The only way we are a pre-season top 25 team is if we add talented, veteran, shooting+scoring. Otherwise, we are not a preseason top 25 team until Gaffney, Jackson, Akok and Sanogo take the next step (which should end up happening, but not for pre-season polls), or any of the incoming freshmen turn out to be instantly special.

Yeah, it's like he took the sweet 16 appearance and said "well that means they were a top 16 team this year and the biggest minute earners are back, so so they'll be a little better." And it's just... no... that's not how that works.

Reaction Score
You're not alone. I'm checking this board often for a transfer that can cause some excitement lol
We have some serious hole to fill on O. We can’t defend our way to 55-52 wins all season.

Reaction Score

Syracuse has been out performing us for a few years now. Let's leave them alone for now. Lets try and hope we can exceed expectations since 2014 Lol

Reaction Score
We are ranked 13th, 22nd and 30th in the 3 early top 25. All will change once we know who's in the draft and where the transfers are headed. We need some early noise with a good transfer.

Reaction Score
My way-too-early, under-the-radar championship pick is Alabama.

Even though Petty and Jones graduate, I really like their collection of incoming guards. Junior Jaden Shackelford could be a start next year and Quinerly is another junior guard who will provide the team stability. Incoming sophomore Josh Primo provides the team a 6'6 mismatch combo guard. Top-10 recruit JD Davison will be able to develop at his own pace and will provide valuable minutes as the first guard off the bench.

'20 top-50 commit big Alex Tchikou is a wild-card. If he's healthy, he changes the complexion of the team. From what I've read he's Akok Akok-like: long, athletic forward with elite defensive upside and an ability to stretch the D.

Bottom line, old teams win and Alabama returns four upperclassmen.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Syracuse has been out performing us for a few years now. Let's leave them alone for now. Lets try and hope we can exceed expectations since 2014 Lol
They have outperformed us.

That doesn’t take away from the fact they aren’t going to be preseason #13 in the country as their roster is currently constructed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom