Way early 2024 WNBA Mock Draft 3.0 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Way early 2024 WNBA Mock Draft 3.0

Reaction Score
She is not very good at mocking drafts. Most of those small guards ahead of Cardoso won't make a roster. Brink, Clark, Bueckers, Cardoso, Jackson, Reese, Edwards and Lee are the only ones that are a sure thing in my opinion of making a roster. The rest are good players but there is nothing exceptional about them. Van Lith will have an outside shot, but she is kind of small and a streaky shooter.

Reaction Score
Love Paige, put predict that Edwards goes higher in draft. More based on the exceptional year I feel Edwards will have plus the extra year Paige will need to overcome 2 years of injuries. Both will go high based on NCAA Championship UConn will win.

Reaction Score
If Mir McLean has become the #10 prospect in her class in just one full season at Virginia, then Geno must have missed something. I know that he saw enough to recruit her, but he didn’t see enough to actually play her. Now, I don’t believe that she is actually #10, but I do think that she should have gotten more than 2-3 minutes per game. To go from mop up minutes at UCONN to star at Virginia and projected first round draft pick in one season is either ridiculous or incredibly impressive. As for Mir, I’m glad that she found a program that is a better fit for her and I wish her well; as for the Huskies, it leads back to the season long debate about using the bench more. I eventually came down on Geno’s side that they simply weren’t contributing enough to warrant many more minutes, but was another Mir sitting on the bench and waiting for an extended opportunity? With 14 players on the roster for next season, players are probably going to have to grab time rather than wait for a chance. Hopefully we will have a bunch of players deserving of time.

Reaction Score
Watched several of Mir's games this year. The limited talent on her team gave her more opportunities than she would have earning at most schools. She definitely took advantage of this but curious placement in mock draft. She had a good year but based on the games I saw will have issues making the top 15, maybe the top 20. In any case, happy to see her be mentioned.

Reaction Score
Having both Van Lith and Kelly higher than Edwards seems crazy to me. I’m not convinced that either of those players will be that successful in the pros, they’re both undersized volume shooters.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yeah these mocks are a joke especially with just about 98% of the draftees having the covid year lol good luck predicting a draft order without knowing if they declare lol
Very true but it seems to be pretty good clickbait. :):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I prefer to think that Paige will stay at least 2 more years and in a perfect world her COVID year too!!!!
“You may say I am a dreamer but I am not the only one” quoting the late John Winston Lennon
Better speculation.
I also believe she will stay 2 more years the way she loves UConn,not only to be in the same class as Azzi but to get that extra year back to try to get 2 NC

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
A lot talented players on the list, but so many shorter guards (5'7 or under). I suspect many of them will stay in school as long as possible to keep their NIL vs. the uncertainty of making a roster in the W.

Reaction Score
Don’t think anyone’s going before Clark in next year’s draft. If it were up to me. I’d definitely take Paige first.
Clark is a stronger candidate...she has less injuries, a bigger body, both are great at assists and 3 point shots.

Reaction Score
For a lot of the borderline players who are not assured of making a WNBA roster, it's advantageous to take their COVID year and hope that the league expansion takes place in time for the 2024 or 2025 draft. More roster spots increases their chance of sticking somewhere.

Reaction Score
Did I miss Aubrey Griffin's name?
Classic Film Omg GIF

Reaction Score
I get that it is a mock draft but there are a few international players that could impact the draft next year as well. For example, Nyiadew Puoch, a 6'1" Forward from Australia.

Reaction Score
Kamilla Cardoso going 8th in the second round vs Mir McLean going 10th in the first round???
Cardosa should be 5th in my opinion. Interesting that if Mir had stayed around she probably would have played a lot two seasons ago, but she couldn't have known Aubrey would miss the season.

Reaction Score
Don’t think anyone’s going before Clark in next year’s draft. If it were up to me. I’d definitely take Paige first.

Clark and even Reese is certainly worthy but the media and the fans always focus on recency and Clark and Reese are the it women right now. A year from now? I know if the draft was tomorrow I'd take Bueckers without a doubt. Her BB skills and athleticism are at least as good as the other candidates but her ability to read defenses and create opportunities for the team by drawing double teams puts her over the top. Now Clarke has most if not all those things too, just not at the same levels. Bueckers will also be welcomed wherever she lands because she is content to not take a shot. With the others, they want shots, which is good for their teams but won't make the other scorers pleased.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Next year is the key year--the 4th year for the last group who can take the Covid 5th year. Will Clark or Paige even be in the draft.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Clark and even Reese is certainly worthy but the media and the fans always focus on recency and Clark and Reese are the it women right now. A year from now? I know if the draft was tomorrow I'd take Bueckers without a doubt. Her BB skills and athleticism are at least as good as the other candidates but her ability to read defenses and create opportunities for the team by drawing double teams puts her over the top. Now Clarke has most if not all those things too, just not at the same levels. Bueckers will also be welcomed wherever she lands because she is content to not take a shot. With the others, they want shots, which is good for their teams but won't make the other scorers pleased.

Recency bias? Clark has been among the best in the country for the last 3 years and has continually improved. Reese was a 1st Team All-American this year and a 3rd teamer last year (she has also improved each year). Both were top 5 recruits coming out of high school. Neither are new players, they've been around and have been talked about for quite some time. Neither is a selfish player despite what your post suggests. Clark has led the nation in assists 3 years in a row, Angel is an unselfish passer out of the post and a large number of her shots come from offensive rebounds.

Reaction Score
Love Paige, put predict that Edwards goes higher in draft. More based on the exceptional year I feel Edwards will have plus the extra year Paige will need to overcome 2 years of injuries. Both will go high based on NCAA Championship UConn will win.

It's hard to rate where a player will be a year from now. A year ago Edwards came off what most thought was a mediocre season. I didn't but that is at issue. Edwards was known as a very hard worker
ever since HS. The jump she made into this past season was mostly in being more assertive and confident along with a reliable mid-range. I expect that she will take Juhasz's two or three 3pt shots a game. And polish her defense. And continue to get stronger.

I thought the problem in her sophomore season was twofold. She was given a much bigger role at both ends and she no longer had Bueckers dropping perfect passes in her hands for easy baskets. With Bueckers' expected return Edwards could have a huge statistical season.

But I still say Bueckers will go higher.

Reaction Score
Recency bias? Clark has been among the best in the country for the last 3 years and has continually improved. Reese was a 1st Team All-American this year and a 3rd teamer last year (she has also improved each year). Both were top 5 recruits coming out of high school. Neither are new players, they've been around and have been talked about for quite some time. Neither is a selfish player despite what your post suggests. Clark has led the nation in assists 3 years in a row, Angel is an unselfish passer out of the post and a large number of her shots come from offensive rebounds.

My post had nothing to do with skills and everything to do with the media's short attention span.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If everyone eligible declares, it'll be one of the best drafts ever. I don't expect that to happen though with so many high profile NIL players. My thoughts for top 15 are:

1. Clark-no brainer here, she's the best offensive guard women's basketball has possibly ever seen with her ability to score and facilitate for others at such a high level.

2. Brink-has all the tools to be an elite 2 way forward in the pros. Great length, runs the floor well, good face up jumper, good passer. Checks every box to be an elite level pro. Needs to foul less.

3. Bueckers-similar to Clark in a lot of ways, doesn't carry the same load Caitlin does but is more efficient which is extremely appealing as a PG. Big concern is health, as she's missed most of the past 2 seasons. Could go as high as 1 with a monster year.

4. Reese-she's an unorthodox player but gets the job done. She has elite athleticism and length and is an incredible rebounder. Decent handles for a post, not the best finisher and doesn't have a strong midrange game. Gets to the line at will and stays out of foul trouble. Massive personality for better or worse. Reminds me of a Rebecca Brunson type player but I think she could be a bigger offensive contributor than Brunson was.

5. Cardoso-she'd go top 2-3 in almost any other draft class. 6-7, runs the floor well, good rebounder and shot blocker. Finishes inside. Consistent performer and was really quite unguardable most of the season. Needs to add range to her shot but is a heck of a deal at #5.

6. Rickea Jackson-great athlete and creator off the dribble. Good finisher and midrange shooter. Needs to improve perimeter shot but proved to be one of the best offensive players in the country last year.

7. Aaliyah Edwards-skilled physical 4 with great strength and a good midrange jumper. Improved leaps and bounds her junior year and has a pro ready game if she can find more consistency. Not a shot blocking threat though and needs to foul less.

8. Ayoka Lee- 6-6 skilled big who finishes well inside. Missed all of last year with an injury.

9. Elizabeth Kitley-another 6-6 big with good skills and a great step back move inside. Good fundamentals and face up game. I don't think she has the athleticism to shine at the next level but time will tell.

10. Madison Scott-long athletics 6-1 forward. Needs to develop more of a perimeter shot but she's a lockdown defender and could jump with a big season.

11. Hailey Van Lith-solid play making guard and extremely competitive. Not the most efficient player but great at creating off the dribble and finishing tough shots. Has performed very well in the NCAA tournament. Undersized to be a shooting guard and hasn't shown strong PG skills though.

12. Deja Kelly-great midrange shooter and creator, great athlete. Very inefficient though and not a strong shooter.

13. Mackenzie Holmes-elite offensive post player, not sure the physical tools are there to be a high level pro though.

14. Jacy Sheldon-just a really solid all around player. Wreaks havoc defensively, good scorer and passer. Solid length and size on the perimeter.

15. Endyia Rogers-excellent offensive player, could elevate her stock going to a premier program with more success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom