Watching the games | The Boneyard

Watching the games

Reaction Score
We live in Northampton, Mass., and have been streaming games the last couple of seasons thru Fox . I have not been able to get that stream to work this season, though doing what has worked in the past. I haven't paid much attention to discussions here re viewing, since the streaming worked for us. Not sure which direction to go now; any suggestions specific to our location? Thanks for any advice.

Reaction Score
We live in Northampton, Mass., and have been streaming games the last couple of seasons thru Fox . I have not been able to get that stream to work this season, though doing what has worked in the past. I haven't paid much attention to discussions here re viewing, since the streaming worked for us. Not sure which direction to go now; any suggestions specific to our location? Thanks for any advice.
I stream them through the Fox app, too. I sign in with my cable credential, though in my case it's YouTubeTV. I haven't had a problem.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As long as you have your local Fox affiliate and FS1 via your tv provider, you should have no problem using the Fox Sports app to access the SNY broadcasts. You will login to the app using your tv provider credentials. This is usually a one time thing but some fans have stated here that they have to login to the app more than once. I have never had to login for each SNY game. Also, be aware that the scheduled game will normally only appear when there is less than 5 minutes before game time, ie for a scheduled 7PM game, the link for the game may not be available before 6:55PM.
And if you have more questions, there is a thread pinned at the top of this forum with much more information.

Reaction Score
As long as you have your local Fox affiliate and FS1 via your tv provider, you should have no problem using the Fox Sports app to access the SNY broadcasts. You will login to the app using your tv provider credentials. This is usually a one time thing but some fans have stated here that they have to login to the app more than once. I have never had to login for each SNY game. Also, be aware that the scheduled game will normally only appear when there is less than 5 minutes before game time, ie for a scheduled 7PM game, the link for the game may not be available before 6:55PM.
And if you have more questions, there is a thread pinned at the top of this forum with much more information.
That describes what I've been doing for the last couple seasons, so a mystery why it's not working. I'll give it a go again tomorrow. Thanks for your info.

Reaction Score
I stream them through the Fox app, too. I sign in with my cable credential, though in my case it's YouTubeTV. I haven't had a problem.
Yes, it's been just that easy, but not working.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
That describes what I've been doing for the last couple seasons, so a mystery why it's not working. I'll give it a go again tomorrow. Thanks for your info.
Before the Butler game I noticed when I opened the Fox Sports app that I was not logged in (Hulu, my tv provider, was not displaying), so I removed the app, reinstalled it and then logged in. I had no problems streaming the game.
I use an Xbox S to stream, but whichever device you use shouldn’t matter if the app is developed and tested correctly. :)

Reaction Score
Exactly how and where do I "login to the [Fox Sports] app using [my] tv provider credentials," and where do I find those "tv provider credentials"? I really need step-by-step instructions.

Reaction Score
Exactly how and where do I "login to the [Fox Sports] app using [my] tv provider credentials," and where do I find those "tv provider credentials"? I really need step-by-step instructions.
This method assumes you're streaming the games, not getting them directly from your cable provider.
  1. The Fox app has a setting on the upper right of the screen (for me) and if you select this you get a menu including login or credentials or some such term.
  2. If you choose that one, it will offer you a list of providers to identify your TV provider. You should be able to find your cable provider on this list, but internet accounts like HuluTV and YouTubeTV also count.
  3. If you select your provider, it may ask you to enter the username and password you use for them. If you only ever watch TV through your cable provider, you may not remember your username and password. Since most folks also use cable to get their internet access, this step is more obvious for them. But if you interact with your cable provider via email, you probably have to provide a username and password then.
  4. Once you finish logging in via your TV provider, the Fox app should present you with a new Home Screen on which you should find the UConn games (but only within a few minutes of the tipoff). I have had the Fox app take a little while to recognize the fact that I logged in and had to re-enter the same info. But eventually it connects as it ought to.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I have a Nvidia Shield Pro which runs Android TV.

In addition to all the available apps to install through Android TV, I subscribe to an IPTV service for $150 a year. The IPTV service has SNY and all the other networks & channels from not only the USA but from around the world.

The IPTV service recommends the"Startup Show app" which works really well. However, i've also installed the tivimate app because it has the ability to "record" from the TV guide and I can set it to record a couple days in advance.

Contact me with "start conversation" and I'll send you the IPTV service info.

Reaction Score
Sounds good, and I have used this method for years. When I cut my TV cable, I signed up for YouTube TV Live, which carried all the sports channels I thought I'd need including Fox. Last year, no probs, this year no SNY (last week). Wonder if I'll have to start watching all the BE games after they're over: bummer. We'll see what happens tomorrow. This feels like a hope for the best situation, so why am I paying so much/month to YouTube and not getting SNY?

Reaction Score
At the start of this basketball season I had to delete and then reload the Fox App on my Samsung TV before I could log in with my Spectrum cable credentials.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We use Fubo. I know its a pay subscription, but we only use it for the season and the tournaments.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Sounds good, and I have used this method for years. When I cut my TV cable, I signed up for YouTube TV Live, which carried all the sports channels I thought I'd need including Fox. Last year, no probs, this year no SNY (last week). Wonder if I'll have to start watching all the BE games after they're over: bummer. We'll see what happens tomorrow. This feels like a hope for the best situation, so why am I paying so much/month to YouTube and not getting SNY?
I could be mistaken but I believe some BYers that are in the SNY viewing area and their tv provider no longer offers SNY have trouble using the Fox Sports app. I have no idea what is happening with that.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
It is now just past noon on game day.
When I open the Fox Sports app via my Xbox S, the game does not appear on the Home page.
However, if I select the TV SCHEDULE item at the top of the screen and then select the EVENT CALENDAR, the game appears for the 1:00 PM time.
For past games, I have selected the game icon around 8 minutes before the program start time, if it's not on the Home page yet. At the start time I usually have to go Back to refresh the screen, re-select the game and then select the Watch icon.

Reaction Score
It is now just past noon on game day.
When I open the Fox Sports app via my Xbox S, the game does not appear on the Home page.
However, if I select the TV SCHEDULE item at the top of the screen and then select the EVENT CALENDAR, the game appears for the 1:00 PM time.
For past games, I have selected the game icon around 8 minutes before the program start time, if it's not on the Home page yet. At the start time I usually have to go Back to refresh the screen, re-select the game and then select the Watch icon.
Yup. It's 30 mins to game time and I'm looking at the FoxSports app on my TV, and the game hasn't showed yet. But it will soon and I'll go through a similar procedure a what you've just outlined here.

Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but I believe some BYers that are in the SNY viewing area and their tv provider no longer offers SNY have trouble using the Fox Sports app. I have no idea what is happening with that.
I wonder if it's because FOX won't or can't stream the game for folks who live in the broadcast area

Reaction Score
Hey Neighbor - I'm having the same trouble in Burgy. Was able to access Fox App previously on my TV - but cannot now. Being blocked by the software saying that its not being supported by my cable (xfinity). Only workaround (other than patience and watching on YouTube) has been to stream it on my phone. That seems to work, but is not much fun for the family

Reaction Score
This method assumes you're streaming the games, not getting them directly from your cable provider.
  1. The Fox app has a setting on the upper right of the screen (for me) and if you select this you get a menu including login or credentials or some such term.
  2. If you choose that one, it will offer you a list of providers to identify your TV provider. You should be able to find your cable provider on this list, but internet accounts like HuluTV and YouTubeTV also count.
  3. If you select your provider, it may ask you to enter the username and password you use for them. If you only ever watch TV through your cable provider, you may not remember your username and password. Since most folks also use cable to get their internet access, this step is more obvious for them. But if you interact with your cable provider via email, you probably have to provide a username and password then.
  4. Once you finish logging in via your TV provider, the Fox app should present you with a new Home Screen on which you should find the UConn games (but only within a few minutes of the tipoff). I have had the Fox app take a little while to recognize the fact that I logged in and had to re-enter the same info. But eventually it connects as it ought to.
Thanks, Dog. I apparently did log in last year from my snowbird location in Florida. I was out this morning on an emergency, and by the time I got home it was well into the 3rd Q of the game. I was able to locate the game link on my desktop through the Fox Sports App, but when I clicked on it, I got an "error, try again later" message. Any idea why I got that?

I ended up listening to the rest of the game on the radio, and will spend New Year's Eve watching via MJL243.

Happy new year, all.

Reaction Score
I was able to locate the game link on my desktop through the Fox Sports App, but when I clicked on it, I got an "error, try again later" message. Any idea why I got that?
I log in to the FoxSports app on my TV via the Roku player, and I occasionally get glitches, too. I'm in New Mexico, so definitely outside the broadcast area.

In case you haven't found this already, here's a link to highlights of the game on YouTube. Maybe it will tide you over until @MJL243 can work some magic.

Reaction Score
Hey Neighbor - I'm having the same trouble in Burgy. Was able to access Fox App previously on my TV - but cannot now. Being blocked by the software saying that its not being supported by my cable (xfinity). Only workaround (other than patience and watching on YouTube) has been to stream it on my phone. That seems to work, but is not much fun for the family
I was able to get right in yesterday. I have xfinity, and do what you do. I did have to put in email and password at some point to get in thru xfinity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom