Coral Gables, FL - 11:00 AM ET
TV: None

Video stream:

Audio:

Live stats:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This game has been competitive in the early going. Washington State competing well, now up 21-20 early in 2Q.

I tried to access the official live stats, and I've never encountered this type of password protection: "The event you are attempting to access has been limited to credentialed media members. Please use the passcode you have received from the event's media relations staff. If you do not have an event passcode, please contact the event media relations staff to gain access to the stat feed."

Reaction Score
Stats are working for me.

33-29 WSU with about 4 min left in half.

Mompremier already has 8 reb and 4 blk.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Chanelle Molina off to an outstanding start, 12 points and 9 rebounds already just through mid-2Q.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It’s the link I posted above.
Ah, sorry, yes I found it now. The Washington State website has the link wrong, I guess.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Molina, Subasic and Motuga have been good for WSU. Compensating for Hristova's cold shooting so far. Molina in particular has been stellar, collecting lots of hustle plays and rebounds.

WSU has had some trouble with Miami's defensive pressure and speedy guards, but seems to have adjusted fairly well. Miami still working on their chemistry and how to maximize Mompremier's presence.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Disastrous stretch for WSU here in 3Q where they gave up a 14-0 run, compounded by a horrible traveling call on Hristova that nullified a bucket. Ethridge probably should've called timeout to stop momentum but seemed to be hanging on for the media timeout. Miami has all the mo now.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
The Cougs have stormed back to take a 57-56 lead with 6:30 to play, forcing a Miami timeout. Molina, Hristova and Muzet coming up with big plays in this stretch.

Reaction Score
Mompremier up to 17 reb, but a brutal 5-16 shooting from the center position (another Anigwe?)

60-57 MIA with 4:25 left

Plebe

Reaction Score
This one is breaking Miami's way. Took a 7-point lead on an 11-3 run, and Hristova just had a killer turnover on a carry.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I just saw that. Is it the Cougs' D, or is she just having a rough game?
The defense has been fair, I wouldn't say good. She's had a number of sequences where she's missed multiple shots and gotten O-boards in between.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looks like WSU kept hitting 3's to keep it interesting, but Miami maintained the lead down the stretch.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Looks like WSU kept hitting 3's to keep it interesting, but Miami maintained the lead down the stretch.
Yes, too little too late. Miami was just the better team, slightly. Washington State would've needed all their weapons firing to win this one, and they just couldn't sustain their runs. Still, this was more competitive than I thought it would be after Wazzu sleepwalked through 3 quarters against Southern yesterday.

Is it a coincidence that the Pac-12 teams end up in these 8 a.m. Pacific time games on the east coast?

Reaction Score
Not sure where WSU will finish in PAC-12 conference this year? They always seem to be on the bubble of cracking the top half, but can't seem to quite get there every year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not sure where WSU will finish in PAC-12 conference this year? They always seem to be on the bubble of cracking the top half, but can't seem to quite get there every year.
I certainly don't see them beating any of the top 3, and they're unlikely to beat UCLA or Arizona either. I could see them beating Arizona State, but I could also see them losing games to other bottom-half teams. The #6 spot in the Pac-12 is very much up for grabs.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I wish there could be a split decision in games like this. WSU outscored Miami by 8 from the field, but Miami outscored WSU by 14 from the free-throw line. Fouls were 21-10. Do people who saw the game think the officiating was pretty fair?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is it a coincidence that the Pac-12 teams end up in these 8 a.m. Pacific time games on the east coast?

No coincidence, definitely a conspiracy! :rolleyes: I guess they get the East Coast teams back sometimes w/ 7 or 8 pm Pacific time games.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I certainly don't see them beating any of the top 3, and they're unlikely to beat UCLA or Arizona either. I could see them beating Arizona State, but I could also see them losing games to other bottom-half teams. The #6 spot in the Pac-12 is very much up for grabs.

ASU is clearly down this year, but I'd be surprised if they drop lower than 6. It's possible. I really don't have a good read on quite a few teams so far this year, like USC, Cal, Colorado. I have less of a guess on how #7-12 will shake out than #1-6.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

They are doing something that Ive never seen done before today in Miami. This was the first game of the Miami Holiday Classic... immediately following (on now) is a Miami-Coppin State men's game..... followed by the 2nd game of the Holiday Classic between UNC-Asheville and Southern. :confused: I know why they did it..... they wanted a 2pm game for the ACC Network.... but its strange to see nonetheless. Gonna be 8 people in the stands for that WCBB game later.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They are doing something that Ive never seen done before today in Miami. This was the first game of the Miami Holiday Classic... immediately following (on now) is a Miami-Coppin State men's game..... followed by the 2nd game of the Holiday Classic between UNC-Asheville and Southern. :confused: I know why they did it..... they wanted a 2pm game for the ACC Network.... but its strange to see nonetheless. Gonna be 8 people in the stands for that WCBB game later.

so your saying their marketing strategy for the WCBB is working. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom