Washington @ Oregon St - 1/26/21 | The Boneyard

Washington @ Oregon St - 1/26/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
15-7 OSU at the first media TO. Getting off to quick starts has not been a problem in their recent games, it's holding onto leads they haven't been able to manage.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Beavs have found the 3 ball. 7-11 early in Q2, lead swells to 34-16.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU getting the get well game they've needed for a while. 51-29 approaching halftime. Goforth is 5-5 behind the arc. von Oelhoffen is carving up the defense.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UW went on a 7-0 run, but Beavs come up with a steal and long 3 at the buzzer. 54-31 at the half. 11-15 behind the arc. That will win you plenty of games. I wouldn't be surprised if 11 made 3's is a season high, and the game is only halfway done.

Reaction Score
Good ball movement and less dribbling makes a difference. Of course it helps if players are hitting open looks. This is the way they should be playing, of course with so many new players it takes a while which they haven't had due to so many postponements.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Good ball movement and less dribbling makes a difference. Of course it helps if players are hitting open looks. This is the way they should be playing, of course with so many new players it takes a while which they haven't had due to so many postponements.
von Oelhoffen had a really good run in Q2. She can attack off the dribble and make the defense react in a way that Goodman can't. She whipped some great passes to teammates, some of them weren't quite ready for it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Beavs shooting 73% from the floor a few minutes into Q3.

Reaction Score
Poor Washington only Cal is worse.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
79-48 thru Q3. Beavs still over 70% FG shooting, that's insane. 14-20 from deep.

Reaction Score
Jones has been a bit of a non-factor in spurts this year.

Expectations in Corvallis have probably been well-tempered by now, but this game, even if a bit of a statistical anomaly, shows how good the Beavers can be when they’re firing. They could be really good next year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
98-68 final. OSU needed a game like this. von Oelhoffen is a keeper. 13 pts/6 reb/7 assists. Goforth finally missed a few shots, 23 pts on 8-10 shooting. OSU tied a school record w/ 18 made 3's (27 attempts). I'm pretty sure they hit 18 against the Huskies in Seattle a couple years ago. Cooled off a tiny bit, 65% shooting for the game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So Mr. "State moniker belongs with Oregon, not Washington" I want to offer my congrats and my condolences both at the same time.

Reaction Score
von Oelhoffen had a really good run in Q2. She can attack off the dribble and make the defense react in a way that Goodman can't. She whipped some great passes to teammates, some of them weren't quite ready for it.
Goodman is a hard player to gage. She everynow and then will have a good game as a distributor, and then she will have a bunch of games where she plays like she is sight impaired.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So Mr. "State moniker belongs with Oregon, not Washington" I want to offer my congrats and my condolences both at the same time.
I was okay with this. Washington is going nowhere this year, or any time in the foreseeable future. Oregon St. still obviously has some potential.

Reaction Score
I was okay with this. Washington is going nowhere this year, or any time in the foreseeable future. Oregon St. still obviously has some potential.
OK, it was a good game for Oregon State and gives me a glimmer of hope, but as Figurehead notes, they were playing UofW. Not much of a measuring stick. If they win at Colorado and Utah this weekend, then I may start changing my thought patterns.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK, it was a good game for Oregon State and gives me a glimmer of hope, but as Figurehead notes, they were playing UofW. Not much of a measuring stick. If they win at Colorado and Utah this weekend, then I may start changing my thought patterns.
The Beavs are 2-5 in conference play and snapped a 5-game losing streak with a blowout win over the PAC-12's 11th-best team yesterday. I'm happy for the OSU program that the losing streak is over, but I'm realistic in acknowledging that more conference losses await the Beavs this season. Beating teams in the bottom half of the conference is a realistic goal for the Beavs during what's left of this COVID-interrupted season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This year has been strange for everybody of course, but OSU missed a previous game against Washington and also Cal. They very probably would have 2 more conference wins right now if those games had been played. Of course they also missed the LA schools, Stanford and Arizona St., so they certainly would have more losses if not for all the cancellations, but maybe they would've won 1 or 2 of those as well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The Beavs are 2-5 in conference play and snapped a 5-game losing streak with a blowout win over the PAC-12's 11th-best team yesterday. I'm happy for the OSU program that the losing streak is over, but I'm realistic in acknowledging that more conference losses await the Beavs this season. Beating teams in the bottom half of the conference is a realistic goal for the Beavs during what's left of this COVID-interrupted season.
For a little perspective, UW had given up 80+ twice this year, but never over 90. Utah scored 84 and Stanford 83 against them. The mighty Ducks scored 73 and 69 in the 2 games. UW's problems are more on the offensive side of the ball than on defense. Allowing 67.5 ppg, .435 FG and .331 3 point FG, and those numbers took a big jump after OSU trounced them. It may have been a poor opponent, but those offensive numbers by the Beavs are way out of the norm for what UW has been allowing, even against good teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom