Was I alone ? | The Boneyard

Was I alone ?

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
As soon as I saw Geno's gracious hug, I was watching an old Seinfeld. I am too little a person to watch the competition celebrate, even if they did deserve the win on that night.

Reaction Score
...in tuning out immediately at the final buzzer. I was too thin skinned to watch the celebration of hear the comments.
You were not alone. That was the quickest I ever moved off my chair. We needed our A game and we were just spent from the prior games. I was so upset with the officiating, have been all year , that I fell asleep at 2:15. I mean, it's a sickness. I never even met Geno or any of the players and it was like my daughter lost.

Reaction Score
Turned off ESPN/YouTube TV in general and fired up some KDrama episodes in the backlog que on my ROKU.

Reaction Score
I watched for a little bit, but then I went over to the NCAA channel to watch UConn's press conference since I knew that would come right after the game ended.

Reaction Score
Observations from afar.
1. Missing Dorka was a factor. SC was simply too big. Way too big.
2. We needed an 'A' game from almost everyone and that did not happen
3. I will not blame officials for the loss. That said they were FAR from calling a good game. SSee numbers below
4. Numbers.... UConn shot 22/54 SC shot 22/60 UC 4/16 from 3, SC 3/16. So how do you get beat by 15?
5. 21 fouls called on UC, just 11 on SC. we made 1 of 4 from the line. SC was 17-26. 7 times more free throws?
6. Again I believe on this night I don't think anyone beats SC without a near perfect performance.
7. And guilty, did not stay for any of the post game stuff. Rerun of NCIS or Blue Bloods or Chicago Fire or ANYTHING.

Reaction Score
...in tuning out immediately at the final buzzer. I was too thin skinned to watch the celebration of hear the comments.
Nope. I had my iPad open to the box score as the game went on, and, at the final buzzer, with SC shooting 26 free throws, to our 4, I was thoroughly disgusted, and shut it off.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Went to the SNY coverage.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Observations from afar.
1. Missing Dorka was a factor. SC was simply too big. Way too big.
2. We needed an 'A' game from almost everyone and that did not happen
3. I will not blame officials for the loss. That said they were FAR from calling a good game. SSee numbers below
4. Numbers.... UConn shot 22/54 SC shot 22/60 UC 4/16 from 3, SC 3/16. So how do you get beat by 15?
5. 21 fouls called on UC, just 11 on SC. we made 1 of 4 from the line. SC was 17-26. 7 times more free throws?
6. Again I believe on this night I don't think anyone beats SC without a near perfect performance.
7. And guilty, did not stay for any of the post game stuff. Rerun of NCIS or Blue Bloods or Chicago Fire or ANYTHING.
Agree Bill. Dorka was a key piece in our being able to compete with South Carolina’s front court. Minimally, she’s five more fouls, but if she’s hitting from deep she could also help to draw them out of the paint. once she went down, our margin for error against South Carolina was very very slim.

Azzi being sick was a huge loss. Without Dorka our best game plan was to stretch the court by using our three point shooters. Without Fudd we lose her ability to score, but more importantly her ability to stretch the floor in draw defenders. With Azzi on the court some of the attention that Paige saw gets drawn away, making her more effective. With the threat of both Paige and Azzi, the paint gets opened up for Christyn to do what she does best, drive to the hoop.

Add to all of that the fact that Olivia was hampered by a groin injury and you could see we had a tremendous hill to climb. Still, but for the abysmal first quarter, we played them pretty much even. I’m going to say some thing like 40 to 41 points or 41 to 42 points in the other 3 quarters. So the possibility was there. But once we dug that huge hole, the amount of energy it took to climb out of it was going to be problematic.

In time, I will remember this season for the team’s incredible resilience. Seldom has any team, anywhere had to overcome the adversity that we saw. In retrospect, it’s impressive. But, for today, I’m still frustrated and disappointed over a devastating loss. I am disappointed that our seniors went out with a whimper and not a bang. As I noted above, the odds were really stacked against them, still, I hoped for more of a fairytale ending for them.

In the weeks to come I will remember the incredible core of enormously talented players that we have left. Paige, Azzi, Ducharme, and Aaliyah are a great core 4. The future is bright in Storrs Connecticut, even if it’s a little tough to see it this morning.

Reaction Score
By end 1st I was overwhelmed by sadness. My head wanted to say things like “plenty of time”, “have seen many comebacks by teams even farther behind”, “Paige will be fabulous”, etc.

But those thoughts didn’t hold a candle to something more all encompassing : that an era is ending.

Didn’t curse, cry, etc. But by second quarter I’d muted the sound and at start of second half switched to something else entirely.

Not that one’s world, with all that that implies, depends on young people bouncing a ball. But it has been a wonderful part of my life for years and years and I‘m just sad that our era, my era, has begun to pass. Selfish to think this way but so be it.

Reaction Score
By end 1st I was overwhelmed by sadness. My head wanted to say things like “plenty of time”, “have seen many comebacks by teams even farther behind”, “Paige will be fabulous”, etc.

But those thoughts didn’t hold a candle to something more all encompassing : that an era is ending.

Didn’t curse, cry, etc. But by second quarter I’d muted the sound and at start of second half switched to something else entirely.

Not that one’s world, with all that that implies, depends on young people bouncing a ball. But it has been a wonderful part of my life for years and years and I‘m just sad that our era, my era, has begun to pass. Selfish to think this way but so be it.
Geno is 68. The era was always going to end some time because people don't live forever, and after the Stewie years there was only one direction to go.

Reaction Score
My Bad. Turned the game off 8 minutes in first quarter. Knew it was all over. My brag on Destiny went to SC. It was their Destiny. OK, on to next year, where I predict they will be the UConn of old. 30-40 point victors. GO HUSKIES!!! NEXT YEAR.

Reaction Score
Had John Oliver queued on the DVR, ready to go, finger poised on the remote. The moment Muhl crossed midcourt with seconds left, escaped unharmed! :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom