Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just had a thought reading this thread. Let's make a rule that all NIL contracts become public knowledge. Transparency.

Reaction Score
To that point, Alabama played a helluva game. They perhaps did not silence any critics but they didn't hand them any ammo, either.
Really just a couple mistakes and game could have gone either way. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

They do need a center than can snap the ball LOL

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
To that point, Alabama played a helluva game. They perhaps did not silence any critics but they didn't hand them any ammo, either.

Alabama had as good a 15 year run as any college football or basketball team in history. Now, 3 years into the NIL/Transfer Portal era, they are getting “attaboys” for good losses?

The SEC’s era of dominance was based on widespread, shameless cheating. Now paying players isn’t cheating anymore, and these SEC “powerhouses” are just good programs.

Reaction Score
Alabama had as good a 15 year run as any college football or basketball team in history. Now, 3 years into the NIL/Transfer Portal era, they are getting “attaboys” for good losses?

The SEC’s era of dominance was based on widespread, shameless cheating. Now paying players isn’t cheating anymore, and these SEC “powerhouses” are just good programs.

UGA just won 2 titles in a row and might be the best team this year.

Reaction Score
I don’t care who UGA lost to earlier in the year. That whole idea that a loss early on keeps you out of the playoffs is kind of antiquated.

UGA was the best team in college football this year. IMO they would have blown out Alabama or MState - the team they are now in January looks unbeatable.

Reaction Score
We were a 50 yard FG away from an Ohio State-TCU championship game last year. And Alabama won the year before that. And LSU the year before that. One year doesn't make a trend.

BUT I do think the portal—and the expansion of the playoffs—is going to lead to greater parity across the sport.

Reaction Score
I don’t care who UGA lost to earlier in the year. That whole idea that a loss early on keeps you out of the playoffs is kind of antiquated.

UGA was the best team in college football this year. IMO they would have blown out Alabama or MState - the team they are now in January looks unbeatable.
Georgia’s loss was to Alabama in the SEC title game (the final game of the season)

Reaction Score

Who wants to tell him?

Reaction Score

Nope. Georgia played a soft schedule and only had one game that mattered this season. And then they lost that game.

Reaction Score

Tell us something we don't know. I think my point stands. Number 4 took Number 1 to OT before bowing. Not at all like TCU losing by 63 or whatever.

Reaction Score
Nope. Georgia played a soft schedule and only had one game that mattered this season. And then they lost that game.
Okay well I‘m not going to die on this hill LOL - they just looked good to me - even against a depleted Florida State.

I am more concerned right now with C Welliver getting on campus and getting acclimated to life as a Husky!

Reaction Score
Hard to call it exploitation when they are getting a free education, benefits and many other intangible opportunities and they willingly sign up for it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't get paid but to paint it like these are mistreated factory workers is utterly ridiculous.
Right. Someday ask your doctor what residency was like. How much he earned and how much he earned for the hospital. And that’s AFTER paying $80,000 a year for 4 years of medical school plus another 40,000/year for your undergraduate degree. You get to work 80 hours/week not not more than 24 straight and occasionally 132 hour weeks. Note there are only 168 hours in a week. And you deal with all sorts of issues. Probably more stressful than whether to throw or tuck and run on 3rd and 4.

Reaction Score
Right. Someday ask your doctor what residency was like. How much he earned and how much he earned for the hospital. And that’s AFTER paying $80,000 a year for 4 years of medical school plus another 40,000/year for your undergraduate degree. You get to work 80 hours/week not not more than 24 straight and occasionally 132 hour weeks. Note there are only 168 hours in a week. And you deal with all sorts of issues. Probably more stressful than whether to throw or tuck and run on 3rd and 4.
Those Jr Docs are striking in the UK right now

Reaction Score
Because they were profitable programming. ESPN can produce a bowl telecast in their sleep. And often do. But is anyone still watching this dreck?
I “watched” a lot of them. As in, I put them in the background while doing other stuff. That’s pretty much their only value to me unless my team is playing or it’s a team I reallyyyy dislike and want to lose.

Reaction Score
That doesn't disprove what he said.

Look the era of uncapped booster spend on players is going to change things. It enables the big 10 donors and even high spenders in other conferences such as Miami and smu.

Reaction Score
That doesn't disprove what he said.

Look the era of uncapped booster spend on players is going to change things. It enables the big 10 donors and even high spenders in other conferences such as Miami and smu.

Do you think the SEC was paying players and FSU, Clemson, and Ohio State were not?

Reaction Score
Do you think the SEC was paying players and FSU, Clemson, and Ohio State were not?
Over the previous 15 years? Yes, more or less compared to the SEC. Sure they did so on smaller scales but not on the SEC scale.

Its cultural. In the south they operate a lot more under the table than the north or Florida

Reaction Score
Rose Bowl is most-watched since '15, late night Sugar less sweet

How many viewers were FSU fans hoping Alabama got blown out?
Just the fact that bama lost, they are using it as ammo to further prove their point they got screwed and saying "derp derp Bama has two qualitly losses, does that mean they get a pass to the championship".... you should see some of the fans on the fsu subreddit or even CFB sub reddit, tough crowd to like.

Reaction Score
Over the previous 15 years? Yes, more or less compared to the SEC. Sure they did so on smaller scales but not on the SEC scale.

Its cultural. In the south they operate a lot more under the table than the north or Florida

Over the last 15 years and much longer. Early 80s Clemson sanctions with over 150 allegations of misconduct:

“Among the recruiting infractions were giving prospective players automobiles, television sets, clothing, "substantial" sums of cash and other gifts. In addition, the NCAA said Clemson had awarded scholarships to friends and relatives of recruits and paid telephone bills of recruits' families.

"Due to the large number and serious nature of the violations in this case, the committee believed that institutional sanctions related to appearances on television and in postseason football games were appropriate,"

Reaction Score
I have to say that I think that the Orange Bowl was pretty meaningless. And Florida State did get screwed. To me the whole thing felt like ESPN wanted an SEC team and when Alabama beat Georgia, they let it be known it would be the Tide. Watching the NC Stste rep try and explain how conference mate FSU had a weaker schedule than Alabama was just precious I must say. The committee folded like a cheap suitcase. Had Georgia won, would FSU still have been left at the altar? Or Texas? Maybe both?

Reaction Score
I have to say that I think that the Orange Bowl was pretty meaningless. And Florida State did get screwed. To me the whole thing felt like ESPN wanted an SEC team and when Alabama beat Georgia, they let it be known it would be the Tide. Watching the NC Stste rep try and explain how conference mate FSU had a weaker schedule than Alabama was just precious I must say. The committee folded like a cheap suitcase. Had Georgia won, would FSU still have been left at the altar? Or Texas? Maybe both?
To the objective detached observer, it seems obvious the entire game has gone down the sewer. A really bad taste. It seems so quaint now that UConn's academic standards were viewed as standing in the way of its success. Now all its fundraising is gonna be redirected to the NIL collectives. Very deleterious to the academic health of the institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom