Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee? | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have to say that I think that the Orange Bowl was pretty meaningless. And Florida State did get screwed. To me the whole thing felt like ESPN wanted an SEC team and when Alabama beat Georgia, they let it be known it would be the Tide. Watching the NC Stste rep try and explain how conference mate FSU had a weaker schedule than Alabama was just precious I must say. The committee folded like a cheap suitcase. Had Georgia won, would FSU still have been left at the altar? Or Texas? Maybe both?

NC State and FSU have no love lost.
NC St was the vote that flipped which gave the necessary votes for Calford and SMUrf.

Reaction Score
You really think they might be better than Michigan? Lol
They might be. Michigan is definitely more deserving in the current set up, but I'd love to have seen those two teams play each other.

Next year...

Reaction Score
They might be. Michigan is definitely more deserving in the current set up, but I'd love to have seen those two teams play each other.

Next year...
Their only common opponent was Alabama. Alabama beat Georgia back on Dec 2nd and then lost to Michigan. Your logic is impeccable. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Their only common opponent was Alabama. Alabama beat Georgia back on Dec 2nd and then lost to Michigan. Your logic is impeccable. :rolleyes:
I guess Oklahoma was snubbed in the CFP because their common opponent with Alabama was Texas, and they won while Alabama lost.

You aren't using logic. Transitive wins aren't wins.

Michigan is very good and deserves to be where it is. That doesn't mean if the two played on the field Michigan would beat Georgia. It does mean that in the current confines of FBS, Michigan deserves to a shot to win the title and Georgia doesn't.

But Georgia would be the betting favorite. Because most people suspect they're probably a better team. Which isn't what college football's championship really crowns.

And I think I've responded kindly to your d*ckish, dismissive response.

Reaction Score
I guess Oklahoma was snubbed in the CFP because their common opponent with Alabama was Texas, and they won while Alabama lost.

You aren't using logic. Transitive wins aren't wins.

Michigan is very good and deserves to be where it is. That doesn't mean if the two played on the field Michigan would beat Georgia. It does mean that in the current confines of FBS, Michigan deserves to a shot to win the title and Georgia doesn't.

But Georgia would be the betting favorite. Because most people suspect they're probably a better team. Which isn't what college football's championship really crowns.

And I think I've responded kindly to your d*ckish, dismissive response.
Can I have some of the stuff you’re smoking? Must be really good. Michigan dominated the line of scrimmage against Alabama, or I guess you didn’t notice. Don’t understand your fascination with Georgia, they won but didn’t dominate during the season. They barely beat Georgia Tech, was down 14-3 the half against South Carolina, tied 17-17 with Auburn going into the 4th quarter, even 2-6 Vanderbilt put up 20pts on them, btw Vandy was blown out by Bama 55-3. If you’re so high on Texas which lost to Washington, when Michigan blows out Washington maybe you’ll see past your idiotic conclusions.

Reaction Score
Can I have some of the stuff you’re smoking? Must be really good. Michigan dominated the line of scrimmage against Alabama, or I guess you didn’t notice. Don’t understand your fascination with Georgia, they won but didn’t dominate during the season. They barely beat Georgia Tech, was down 14-3 the half against South Carolina, tied 17-17 with Auburn going into the 4th quarter, even 2-6 Vanderbilt put up 20pts on them, btw Vandy was blown out by Bama 55-3. If you’re so high on Texas which lost to Washington, when Michigan blows out Washington maybe you’ll see past your idiotic conclusions.

UGA might be the better than Michigan and/or Washington, but we won’t know this year.

In that game where Michigan dominated Bama, Michigan won in OT. It could have gone either way.

The Bama UGA game was close and could have gone either way. Look at the points swing from the Isiah Bond 4th down catch/trap that was not fully reviewed with a game stop.

More importantly, it’s how the teams would match up head-to-head, and not games that were very close against a common opponent.

UGA might be the best team. (FSU, no)

Reaction Score
UGA might be the better than Michigan and/or Washington, but we won’t know this year.

In that game where Michigan dominated Bama, Michigan won in OT. It could have gone either way.

The Bama UGA game was close and could have gone either way. Look at the points swing from the Isiah Bond 4th down catch/trap that was not fully reviewed with a game stop.

More importantly, it’s how the teams would match up head-to-head, and not games that were very close against a common opponent.

UGA might be the best team. (FSU, no)
You’re definitely projecting (like the pp) the Georgia teams from last year and the year before into the team they had this year. Still very good, but definitely not the same team, and Kirby would be the first one to tell you that. They lost 13 starters from last year, and 15 from the year before. Eight of those players were first round draft picks. Not as lofty this year on the draft picks.

Reaction Score
You’re definitely projecting (like the pp) the Georgia teams from last year and the year before into the team they had this year. Still very good, but definitely not the same team, and Kirby would be the first one to tell you that. They lost 13 starters from last year, and 15 from the year before. Eight of those players were first round draft picks. Not as lofty this year on the draft picks.
But still might be the best team this year

Reaction Score
They dominated Alabama so hard they were down a touchdown late in fourth quarter.

Anyway, I'm done responding to a moron blowhard like you. Nobody has done anything but respond with well-reasoned positions (i.e. transitive wins aren't real wins) and even concede that the winner of Michigan-Washington is the rightful champion. You've been pigheadish and needless rude, and can go _____ _______ with a wolverine's ________ for all I care.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
……and if Michigan blows out Washington, you would still say that??????
What if Michigan doesn't blow out Washington? I've been waiting for UW to take a loss for several months now, but they haven't. This is a Michigan team that beat Penn St. by 9, Maryland by 7, Ohio St. by 6. Pretty sure the Huskies have a better offense than any of those teams (or probably anybody Michigan has faced this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom