Wally Szczerbiak on Fan heavily campaigning against our bid | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wally Szczerbiak on Fan heavily campaigning against our bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Listening to Francesca the last couple of days hearing him discuss college ball was pretty comical. I'm not going to feel confident that we're in until I see UConn flash on the screen during selection Sunday, but all the tourney prognosticators have us in right now, yet Fat Mike is saying on his show that UConn has to run the table in the BE tourney to have any shot of getting in.

Mike Francesa doesn't watch college basketball until the NCAA tournament. He literally knows nothing about the sport.

Reaction Score
As a former mid major player he comes on promoting wichita st, and Francesca says how the tourney is all about the mid major, then Wally gets adamant about how UCONN better net got in over a mid major. Goes on and on about how we are 3 and 9 in our last twelve, chemistry problems, coaching problems, and it doesn't matter our RPI and SOS because mid majors can't get those good numbers because they can't schedule tough teams, etc.

Francesca agreed. Then they go on and say when the mid majors lose close games on the road against good teams, that that should count for something on their resumes, because those teams won't play them at home.

Uh, since win do close losses count for anything?

I might have more respect for his opinion if he was good enough for the NBA. Shouldn't he have better things to do than worry about who gets into the tourny?

Reaction Score
I might have more respect for his opinion if he was good enough for the NBA. Shouldn't he have better things to do than worry about who gets into the tourny?
He has a job as a college basketball analyst.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You lose to crappy teams like Providence, you are going to take a beating in the press. A good way to avoid being targeted by guys like Wally is to not lose to Providence.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wally still remembers the cheers that went up in Boston and Hartford when he was traded by the Celts to obtain Ray Allen.

There may not be a trade in the history of sports to equal that one in the Hartford area.

Win 2 and then UConn is in the discussion again.

I'm sure I'll hear crap about my username for this, but I'm pretty sure Francis and Ulf for Cullen, Zalapski and Parker was a bigger deal to Hartford.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mike Francesa doesn't watch college basketball until the NCAA tournament. He literally knows nothing about the sport.

Which is sort of funny because he originally got 'famous' through college basketball. He picked Seton Hall to go to the Final Four when he was Imus' sports guy. He also was on CBS' coverage back at that time for football and basketball - his clips from the Miami football 30 for 30 documentary are pretty funny.

He follows college basketball like the majority of the country - he checks in at the end. The system creates that because a good amount of what happens before March doesn't matter.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Just heard wally on CBSSPORTS saying we have ALOT of work to do in the BE tournament. Is he against all majors or just UCONN?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Just heard wally on CBSSPORTS saying we have ALOT of work to do in the BE tournament. Is he against all majors or just UCONN?

obviously simply does not understand the process, yet he gets paid to talk about it

surprised Mike Francesca doesn't have a better grasp. Saying we need to run the table in the BET is just as bad

do these guys even know our RPI or SOS? ,or more importantly, do they know we are the only "bubble team" that beat 5 or 6 (depending on the day) top 50 teams? Nobody else is close to being 6-7 vs top 50 RPI

these jackwagons think if you're 24-6 in some weak conference, going 0-4 or 1-5 vs top 50 RPI, you deserve a bid over us.

either blinded by hate or incredible stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle