WalkingPad/under desk treadmill | The Boneyard

WalkingPad/under desk treadmill

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have a big bulky, formerly expensive treadmill in my basement. It's up against the wall because it stopped working. Wife just wants it out of the house. We like to walk, and need to walk, for exercise. With winter coming, I find our walking decreases. There has been a lot of interest in these newer, simpler, smaller, treadmills. More compact, fewer features, maybe not ideal for running, and designed for walking. Evidently the "Walking Pad" brand became popular via TikTok.

I have a $500 fitness allowance at work, of which $240 goes towards Planet Fitness for the year. But I can use it on home equipment. Has anyone bought one of these? I have read some reviews but my trust in those is not super high. I'd be interested in more trusted opinions from the brilliant minds at the Boneyard.

At the moment this one looks like the best option. https://a.co/d/3JQufAg

Reaction Score
I have one and it's fine. You can walk at a moderate pace and it's pretty sturdy. It will accomplish what you're looking to get out of it.

Cons?
1) You clearly can't type when you're on it.
2) It's a distraction if you're on a video call and other people will comment on it every single time.
3) It's pretty thin in width and I've almost fallen off it a handful of times.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I have one and it's fine. You can walk at a moderate pace and it's pretty sturdy. It will accomplish what you're looking to get out of it.

Cons?
2) It's a distraction if you're on a video call and other people will comment on it every single time.

I will mostly not use it under my desk, maybe on long calls where I don't need to engage. But I wanted something that doesn't weigh 400 pounds and take up a whole room, so I can walk indoors when needed. I did notice most are narrow, which concerns me some.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
"I'm prepared to go forward with it. I'm here live, and I'm not a cat."
I don’t know if the legal profession will ever produce anything that funny again in our lifetimes. That made the pandemic bearable.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Cons?

If you can't type and walk at the same time you should get better at typing lol.... or you should walk slower.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom