Wait a second, what happened? | The Boneyard

Wait a second, what happened?

Reaction Score
I didn't even see a thread regarding the departure of Corey Floyd Jr, what the hell happened here? Is there a story behind this it would seem to be an absolutely awful loss. My wife was having hip replacement surgery yesterday and I was behind on most of the happenings I guess, but this news is shocking.

Please tell me more, this one hurts I thoughts this kid was going to be a nice piece.

Reaction Score
Nothing as of right now, just conjecture. But to go from being hyped up by your coach like this:

"If Corey was available and wasn't a red-shirt, he would have played this year because he's physical, he's got great pedigree and size," Hurley said. "He doesn't have anything that's really deficient. He's an athlete, well-rounded, and he's still young."

to transferring in just two weeks time is strange to say the least.

Reaction Score
Yeah saw it first thing this morning and had to skim through a thousand posts. Let's hope we get some good news soon.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What's so hard to figure? He apparently dropped 2 spots in the pecking order virtually overnight and bailed. Seems rash, perhaps he will reconsider.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Seems like he didn't even give his mother advance notice. As of this moment, Momma Floyd still has #UConn in her Twitter bio, and has not added anyone of note in past 24 hours to her follows, nor deleted the many UConn folks she follows.

Reaction Score
Nothing as of right now, just conjecture. But to go from being hyped up by your coach like this:

"If Corey was available and wasn't a red-shirt, he would have played this year because he's physical, he's got great pedigree and size," Hurley said. "He doesn't have anything that's really deficient. He's an athlete, well-rounded, and he's still young."

to transferring in just two weeks time is strange to say the least.
I am still a Hurley guy, but I'm at the point where I won't believe anything that comes out of his mouth whenever he is hyping up a player. He also hyped up the freshman this past year and Hawkins was the only one who even remotely looked like a good player. I need to see it before I believe it with Hurley now

Reaction Score
I didn't even see a thread regarding the departure of Corey Floyd Jr, what the hell happened here? Is there a story behind this it would seem to be an absolutely awful loss. My wife was having hip replacement surgery yesterday and I was behind on most of the happenings I guess, but this news is shocking.

Please tell me more, this one hurts I thoughts this kid was going to be a nice piece.
Hope the surgery went well.

College athlete transferring, news and weather at 11...

Reaction Score
I am still a Hurley guy, but I'm at the point where I won't believe anything that comes out of his mouth whenever he is hyping up a player. He also hyped up the freshman this past year and Hawkins was the only one who even remotely looked like a good player. I need to see it before I believe it with Hurley now
Coaches do this all the time. Calhoun was the master of it.

Reaction Score
Coaches do this all the time. Calhoun was the master of it.
Calhoun sent 30 guys to the NBA though. He clearly knew what he was talking about when he was hyping up a player. Hurley spent the offseason hyping up a kid whose best transfer offer is Penn State and LaSalle. They are not the same lol

Reaction Score
Calhoun sent 30 guys to the NBA though. He clearly knew what he was talking about when he was hyping up a player. Hurley spent the offseason hyping up a kid whose best transfer offer is Penn State and LaSalle. They are not the same lol
He didn't hype up Diggins at all actually, it was very confusing at the time, but makes sense now. The other freshmen did get a lot of hype though.

Reaction Score
True, but I am not talking about the lottery pick. I was referring to kids who ended up barely contributing. Its what coaches do and is often times meaningless. We have no idea if Hurley meant it or just said it because thats what the media and fanbase wanted to hear.

Reaction Score
True, but I am not talking about the lottery pick. I was referring to kids who ended up barely contributing. Its what coaches do and is often times meaningless. We have no idea if Hurley meant it or just said it because thats what the media and fanbase wanted to hear.
I understand that part of the job is to hype your guys up to the media. I'm just saying that at this point now, I am not believing a word that comes out of his mouth until I see these guys on the court. He has a lot of trust that he needs to rebuild with the fanbase after this offseason.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Good Luck with the surgery Mau. We’ve currently lost 5 guards + Zero have committed to us from the Portal + many wanting to crow bar Jackson into a PG spot = DOOMED!!!! / an absolute reason to panic / We currently need about five guards

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good Luck with the surgery Mau. We’ve currently lost 5 guards + Zero have committed to us from the Portal + many wanting to crow bar Jackson into a PG spot = DOOMED!!!! / an absolute reason to panic / We currently need about five guards
Well we still have DH's son - unless he has left the house too (literally)

Reaction Score

Hope surgery went well for her - a friend just had it about a month ago - flew out to San Diego to see her grandson 2 days ago. Just make sure she does everything they tell her to do.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What's so hard to figure? He apparently dropped 2 spots in the pecking order virtually overnight and bailed. Seems rash, perhaps he will reconsider.

That doesn't make sense to me. He dropped 2 spots how? Don't these kids have confidence that their talent will earn them PT?

There's gotta be something more here.

Reaction Score
Hope surgery went well for her - a friend just had it about a month ago - flew out to San Diego to see her grandson 2 days ago. Just make sure she does everything they tell her to do.
Thanks Kathy picking her up in 30. She feels great already a little pain as expected but that was already there. And yes, she knows the deal needs to be sure to live by the expectations put forth in the meantime but I will remind her she has a tough time sitting still.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom