Vital Mini Camp Invite with Jazz | The Boneyard

Vital Mini Camp Invite with Jazz

Reaction Score
Wonder why he hasn't gone to Europe. His game set would fit well there and I'm sure he can get more money than the Canadian league.

Reaction Score
That last year in the aac… I thought that team could make a run in the ncaa tournament if the season didn’t get canceled… Christian deserved better…he was a great clutch player that i wish Hurley coached earlier in his time at uconn

Reaction Score
Wonder why he hasn't gone to Europe. His game set would fit well there and I'm sure he can get more money than the Canadian league.
Spotrac says he's already made a couple million from his short forays with G League affiliates. Going to Europe is a totally different animal in terms of personal life being in a different time zone and far from home, then obviously hurts none of your friends and family can watch your games. The money is great and comes at a cost.

Canadian Basketball probably doesn't pay much but he is so close to US that NBA can bring him on quickly and be relatively close to home. He's young enough he can keep chasing the NBA dream and supposedly built up a number wealth to gamble a bit. And it seems to be working as some NBA team keeps bringing him back every year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
CV is one of my top 5 HJusky mens basketball players. Ive gotten to know him since he was a freshman at UConn. He is extremely grateful that KO saw value in his game and helped him understand what it took to be an extremely good college player who has the skills to play at the NBA level. Yes DH did work with him but T Brown really worked hard with CV his final 2 season and R Moore worked with him his 1st two seasons.
I wish CV the best

Reaction Score
Spotrac says he's already made a couple million from his short forays with G League affiliates. Going to Europe is a totally different animal in terms of personal life being in a different time zone and far from home, then obviously hurts none of your friends and family can watch your games. The money is great and comes at a cost.

Canadian Basketball probably doesn't pay much but he is so close to US that NBA can bring him on quickly and be relatively close to home. He's young enough he can keep chasing the NBA dream and supposedly built up a number wealth to gamble a bit. And it seems to be working as some NBA team keeps bringing him back every year.

Those Spotrac numbers are misleading, since the G League I believe doesn't publish individual salaries, Spotrac lists every player as being under a Exhibit 10/Minimum contract, but the ~900k to ~1million number would be his salary only if he spent the entire year on the NBA roster, not the G-League. He does get a $50k bonus for being on the G League team of the NBA team that cut him, so it looks like he's gotten that bonus three times and then on top of that the $40-70k-ish each season that's the yearly salary in the G League.

But like you said there's an advantage to him staying within the NBA ecosystem and it makes sense for him to at least start every season trying out for an NBA team and then he can always catch on in Europe later in the year if need be.

Reaction Score
Some players just don't like Europe. It's a very different professional environment than here, not just cultural.

Reaction Score

Sportrac numbers are way off. Realistically he's looking at maybe $300k ish max in salary from NBA camps/G League

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He definitely has not. A few hundred K maybe - still, the rare bird that can make a living playing basketball.

The Canadian league is basically a summer league, I think - a place to play between G League seasons.

Again, it’s just a summer league. He’s been a G player and I imagine he will continue to be until he doesn’t have the opportunity. He can go to Europe any time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom