Villanova Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Villanova Post Game Thread

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Haven’t watched the game yet looking forward to this afternoon. Was Castle on Justin Moore? I just looked at the boxscore and was wondering what happened to him

Reaction Score
not sure if it was Jackson or Johnson who repeatedly responded when one of our 3 pt shots missed badly "Brick!"

Heard that and I believe it was Gus. One of Castles that missed right without rim stood out to be Gus.

Reaction Score
AK’s shot was off all night except when it was needed most.
A buddy of mine and frequent lurker on the Boneyard (what's up Trip!) is concerned about Karaban, but although he's struggled over the last three games, I'm not worried.

Why? His shooting form is still excellent and his mindset is Jeter-esque: never too high or too low.

Personally, I see Karaban having a big game on the perimeter against Seton Hall. Seton Hall's aggressive interior defense will allow for a ton of kick-out opportunities for Karaban (six attempts in the first matchup, and Seton Hall is in the 88th percentile of 3PA/FGA ratio, so they allow plenty of perimeter opportunities).

Reaction Score
Can Diarra return next season? The 5th year eligibility stuff is always confusing.

Reaction Score
Also said it on an AK miss
#1 team in the country and we consistently get C-list announcers. Gus was embarrassingly bad. Not sure he even knew there was a game going on at times. And while it was great seeing Rip, they missed action to talk to him. Fox is really pretty awful outside Rafferty.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
#1 team in the country and we consistently get C-list announcers. Gus was embarrassingly bad. Not sure he even knew there was a game going on at times. And while it was great seeing Rip, they missed action to talk to him. Fox is really pretty awful outside Rafferty.
Are you always this miserable or did someone pee in your cornflakes this morning

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
This is what I wanted to post:
Hopefully, this year TNewton get individual awards and another natty and NBA bound.

I know that’s asking a lot but I will trade my left nut for all that to happen, could not happen to a nice guy!

Only the left one? Definition of casual...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Now the difficult part for us waiting 7 days for the next game.
The really hard thing is how late the tournaments are this year. It kind of sucks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Who cares, it's his opinion of who HE'S watched
Well he’s watched our team and all of our guys are more exciting than her. Andrew Hurley would probably steal her lunch money.

Reaction Score
Tristen with 16 rebounds is insane, that's totally nuts from a college point guard. Nice to see AK finally knock it down to get Tristen the triple double. These guys love seeing one another succeed more than themselves succeeding. It makes for a special team.

We didn't even play well and won by 24, it shows how good we are and how bad Nova is. Nova really needs to fire Neptune, he has no clue what he's doing.

Cam made all the scoring plays when we were struggling. Any opposing coach should have him as their #1 priority to stop heading into a game.

AK needs to snap out of it on offense. He played some good smart post D though.

We need Clingan out of foul trouble like tonight.

Its remarkable how much Hass has improved since last season.

Gus Johnson constantly talking about live odds/gambling during the game was gross.
It seems the beauty of our offense has been figured out as it regards our slips to the rim that Alex and can have masters. Thankfully it took all season for the league to stimulate that. Wrinkle in our game. Alex isn’t getting cuts he had as if late. I think it’s more an adjustment from our opponents. We will absolutely dominate when BE is over.

Reaction Score
For real Gus is a national treasure! I love that guy on the call
Maybe in the past, but he was terrible last night. Just awful. Lost track of the game. Kept repeating the brick call. How come only UConn had bricks, by the way? Discussing the replay while showing a different replay.Luckily Jackson bailed him out. Giving out betting line on Newton. Come on. Guy was an embarrassment. Jackson is solid and bailed out his nonsense several times. And not to mention the Caitlin Clark nonsense. Fox has her game I guess so he needed to pump it, but come on.

Reaction Score
Well he’s watched our team and all of our guys are more exciting than her. Andrew Hurley would probably steal her lunch money.
Come on, this is just a beyond stupid take. The Caitlin Clark hype is out of control but this is just not remotely true

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Probably the loudest I’ve heard Gampel through the television.
There is a power tweeter in the UConn Twitterverse who could not rail against Gampel and the crowd enough. Was totally off his game. I think he was drunk. And I think he travelled from far away to attend.

BigLArryForearm

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I said Tristen was a due a 4th and Karaban, clutch boy, delivered. Was really nice to see Alex hit that one after his shooting struggles, he rarely misses the high pressure ones.

I agree, pretty lame for Nova to press/foul with 2mins left and down what like 16+? Glad we stomped them into the dust.

Look I love Jackson, what heart, but Castle is clearly an upgrade. Not sure how it can be argued otherwise really since Jackson was hard pressed to make a bucket of any kind and I think elsewhere it's pretty much a wash.

Gampel was loud on TV and the white out looked pretty good too. UConn represents.

Reaction Score
Come on, this is just a beyond stupid take. The Caitlin Clark hype is out of control but this is just not remotely true
It is absolutely true. The women's game is practically a different sport bringing its own attraction. Caitlin Clark is an elite player there.
Andrew Hurley is faster, can dunk the ball, would shoot over and run past Clark easily and make her take all 35 foot threes. She can't make 'em all, lol.
Gus got a bit carried away.

Reaction Score
It is true tho. The practice squad for my D111 team beat the Connecticut Sun in scrimmage. A d1 men’s versus women’s matchup would be even worse.

Reaction Score
Probably the loudest I’ve heard Gampel through the television.
There was a Big Red UCONN in the 2nd half that was one of the top 5 loudest I’ve ever heard in person. I thought “that HAS to be intimidating if you’re a visitor in a timeout huddle”.

Reaction Score
It is absolutely true. The women's game is practically a different sport bringing its own attraction. Caitlin Clark is an elite player there.
Andrew Hurley is faster, can dunk the ball, would shoot over and run past Clark easily and make her take all 35 foot threes. She can't make 'em all, lol.
Gus got a bit carried away.
It is true tho. The practice squad for my D111 team beat the Connecticut Sun in scrimmage. A d1 men’s versus women’s matchup would be even worse.
Oh I know that, but that doesn't mean every player on our team is more exciting than Caitlin Clark. That is just flat out dumb

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom