Villanova Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Villanova Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I thought the refs did a very good job
I’m not saying I thought it was lopsided, they just allowed tons of off-ball contact and holds. It just is what it is, it’s clearly how this league wants the games called, but it’s an ugly brand of basketball. There’s a reason there were SO MANY late game heaves on both sides.

Reaction Score
Runs of 11-0, 11-0, and 13-0 and we win by 1(4). Strange game.
Annoying. I thought this game was far closer than it needed to be. We`d build a lead then get a stop in position to increase it and Karaban or Newton would take a rush ill advised shot which made no sense or we`d suddenly looked lost running our set and come up empty or turn it over. Very frustrating to watch.

Reaction Score
Huh? He had some brain farts but he also shut down the paint.
He let a couple guys waltz right past him for easy buckets and committed some bad fouls. Did you see the end of the first half? And why is he fouling a 3 point shooter, doesn't make sense. He cost them quite a few points, he's just not ready for 24 minutes yet.

Reaction Score
A road win on a Saturday night, you need to sacrifice blood, sweat, and tears in this conference, where sometimes it’s not your night how do you respond and responded like champions.

Answered every time we were behind. Now get a week off pretty much and learn from this need to be better and less mental mistakes it’s a learning process.

Reaction Score
He let a couple guys waltz right past him for easy buckets and committed some bad fouls. Did you see the end of the first half? And why is he fouling a 3 point shooter, doesn't make sense. He cost them quite a few points, he's just not ready for 24 minutes yet.
If it wasn't clear before it is now, you have no idea what you're watching. The end of the 1st half foul was intentional and literally came straight from the coaches in the timeout. They had a foul to give and Clingan used it

Reaction Score
This seems like a weird complaint after a game where we shot FTs well and iced the game at the free throw line
Made 75% and shot well late but missed some front ends of one and ones. Every point counts and it’s not deniable that this year’s squad hasn’t shot free throws as well as last year’s. I’m very happy with the win but would love to see a slight uptick at the line.

Reaction Score
Right. Even when they took the lead I wasn’t worried. Eventually we’ll put together some stops and Newton, Spencer, Karaban was going to find a way to get theirs. Only a matter of time.
We also executed well the last 3 minutes. Didn't like the crazy long three from Tristen with a minute left but everything else was spot on. It's so rare we've been tested like that which made it nice to see them look calm in handling their business.

Reaction Score
My goodness, Tristen is a damn pinball at the rim and it’s like the machine is glitching and not giving us points for hitting the bumpers. Zebras in the BE hold grudges, it’s wild.

Karaban shows up again when it matters.

First nail biter of the year. Feels good to be back in the middle of the BE gauntlet.

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree that they pushed his minutes a bit more than they should, but you’re focusing on the negative and not recognizing that when he was in, Nova guys were by and large settling for bad mid-range shots or pulling the ball back out because his drop coverage was dominating the pick and roll.

Reaction Score
Typical Nova game

scm.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak