Video of Abbie Wolf, Target from Greenwich Ct | The Boneyard

Video of Abbie Wolf, Target from Greenwich Ct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been previously posted. If it has been posted, it's worth another look.

Looks like she has all the tools. Can run the floor. Pass. Shot. Play Defense. May need better ball skills in college. Home grown talent.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I like shot blockers that keep the ball in play. Too many go for a flashy play and try to whack the ball into the stands.

I sorta disagree with the ball-handling comment. For a 15-16 year old big girl, she's very confident with the ball, although certainly there's room for improvement, but she's just a sophomore in these highlights so count me among the impressed.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She handles the ball well for her size, including dribble penetration and taking the ball coast to coast. She also runs the floor well.

Reaction Score
Gotta' love a big kid who will put it on the floor and take it to the rack.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Very fluid movement for a player of her height...also, has a good feel for the game.

Reaction Score
She runs the floor well, can hit from 3 point land in, and finishes through contact well.

Reaction Score
She has great feet, runs the floor very well, is extremely agile, has a nice soft touch, and she will only get better as she gets older.

Reaction Score
She understands the game, handles the ball well, shoots the three, reacts quickly.

How serious is the interest?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
She understands the game, handles the ball well, shoots the three, reacts quickly.

On our end or hers?

It also depresses me to think how old I'll be when kids in her class arrive in college. On the other hand, if I'm still alive and compos mentis, woohoo!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Geno went to see Abbie just before Christmas and Shea and Marissa also saw her at separate games. Sounds pretty interested.

Reaction Score
To me she does not run well at all. Moves very slow. Looks like she plays in slow motion. If her feet were quicker I could see her being a number 1 type recruit in her class because she clearly has everything else. Looks like she plays smart,skilled and not scared.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
To me she does not run well at all. Moves very slow. Looks like she plays in slow motion. If her feet were quicker I could see her being a number 1 type recruit in her class because she clearly has everything else. Looks like she plays smart,skilled and not scared.
Umm no, she moves pretty well for a 6-3 post.

Reaction Score
A Trumbull coach was talking how she has skills but FCIAC girls basketball is at a all time low. Will be another Heather Buck at UConn sit the bench get in garbage time. But hope she prove me wrong. If she even choose uconn

Last edited by a moderator:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
me and a Trumbull coach was talking how she has skills but FCIAC girls basketball is at a all time low.
Her level of competition is probably something to look at. Wonder if she plays any AAU and what she does there?

Will be another Heather Buck at UConn sit the bench get in garbage time. But hope she prove me wrong. If she even choose uconn
Wouldn't be the worst thing. Geno certainly has room for "projects". May work out, may not. What's the worst that could happen? She becomes basically a practice player, gets a couple NC rings, gets a free education, gets to be treated like UCONN players do (royalty).

Buck didn't seem to hurt UCONN and UCONN didn't seem to hurt her. Decent deal all around.

Reaction Score
Her level of competition is probably something to look at. Wonder if she plays any AAU and what she does there?

Wouldn't be the worst thing. Geno certainly has room for "projects". May work out, may not. What's the worst that could happen? She becomes basically a practice player, gets a couple NC rings, gets a free education, gets to be treated like UCONN players do (royalty).

Buck didn't seem to hurt UCONN and UCONN didn't seem to hurt her. Decent deal all around.
Your right about Buck but I just don't like how Geno treat our Connecticut players. So I rather some of them go to another school and play. I was a fan of Heather Buck in high school and thought with her size and effort she could of gotten way more time than she did. Who really wants to be a practice player??that's why Sadie left. Also I'm sure she will get a free education whatever school she choose and who's to tell they will win a NC with all these teams upgrading on talent??

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Your right about Buck but I just don't like how Geno treat our Connecticut players.
What? How does he treat CT players differently than anyone else?

I was a fan of Heather Buck in high school and thought with her size and effort she could of gotten way more time than she did.
Well you're not the coach, so that doesn't really matter. You know Geno like to win. I really doubt he's gonna keep someone who can help the team win, on the bench.

So I rather some of them go to another school and play.
Like where? RI, Hartford, BU, BC? Where they got no chance at a NC? Maybe some kids want to be on a NC team.

Who really wants to be a practice player??that's why Sadie left.
Well that's certainly up to them. Nothing wrong with taking a shot at the top though. Maybe some kids want to challenge themselves? Play with/against the best?

Reaction Score
She seems to have good skills and to be decent athlete...

Reaction Score
What? How nos he treat CT players differently than anyone else?

Well you're not the coach, so that doesn't really matter. You know Geno like to win. I really doubt he's gonna keep someone who can help the team win, on the bench.

Like where? RI, Hartford, BU, BC? Where they got no chance at a NC? Maybe some kids want to be on a NC team.

Well that's certainly up to them. Nothing wrong with taking a shot at the top though. Maybe some kids want to challenge themselves? Play with/against the best?
In practice tho?? You play the best in game situations. Practice is there to compete and learn. Of course playing for UConn is a special privilege but as a competitor you want to play in games where you can show you belong on the floor. I'm not saying Abby isn't good but just don't think she's UConn ready

Reaction Score
She's clearly a solid finisher around the rim. She doesn't seem to have a great vertical, but that's not a crisis at 6'4", depending on how much she bulks up. If she has the intangibles that make someone a fit for the program, I'd say give her a shot.

Reaction Score
She's clearly a solid finisher around the rim. She doesn't seem to have a great vertical, but that's not a crisis at 6'4", depending on how much she bulks up. If she has the intangibles that make someone a fit for the program, I'd say give her a shot.
I wonder how she compares to what Stef Dolson was at the same time in school? Stef had good skills but was a bit slow and needed some work to evolve into what we now remember her as. She lost some weight from her freshman year to her sophomore year when she made a big commitment to fitness and this young lady has a few years to work to make herself something special. Hope she does it but there are no guarantees.

Reaction Score
I wonder how she compares to what Stef Dolson was at the same time in school? Stef had good skills but was a bit slow and needed some work to evolve into what we now remember her as. She lost some weight from her freshman year to her sophomore year when she made a big commitment to fitness and this young lady has a few years to work to make herself something special. Hope she does it but there are no guarantees.
A few things: without casting any negative connotations about the objective value of any body type, Stef was a much bigger player and used it to her advantage. There's a lot of room for bigger posts in the college game, but being very strong is basically a necessity, with some exceptions for players who are very long, very athletic, or have good perimeter skills.

There are a bunch of players who compare to where Stefanie Dolson was in her sophomore year of high school, but very few who compare to the basketball player she became at UConn. Her toughness, her mental aptitude for the game, her leadership, her improved conditioning, and her skill improvement over the years made her improvement pretty rare.

I think that Stef was better at this point in their careers, but if the coaching staff knew that this kid was going to improve as much as Stef did, I'm sure they'd gladly accept her in a heartbeat. The trick is, it's pretty hard to predict who's going to develop into a better player in the future and who's not. Samarie Walker, who was ranked by some as the number one kid in her class at about this time in her career, jumps to mind as an example. It's not that Walker got worse, she just didn't improve as much as the kids around her (and lost a bunch of development time to a knee injury, if I recall correctly).

Reaction Score
In practice tho?? You play the best in game situations. Practice is there to compete and learn. Of course playing for UConn is a special privilege but as a competitor you want to play in games where you can show you belong on the floor. I'm not saying Abby isn't good but just don't think she's UConn ready

She's a SOPHOMORE!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In practice tho??
AI, is that you?

Of course playing for UConn is a special privilege but as a competitor you want to play in games where you can show you belong on the floor.
Of course they do.

I'm not saying Abby isn't good but just don't think she's UConn ready
Well she's only a Soph, so she has some time to improve. But if she only get as good a Buck, what's wrong with that? You make it sound like a bad thing??

Reaction Score
AI, is that you?

Of course they do.

Well she's only a Soph, so she has some time to improve. But if she only get as good a Buck, what's wrong with that? You make it sound like a bad thing??
Abby is a Jr. And its disappointing to see a Ct kid go to UConn and sit the bench and earn very little playing time. That's the only bad thing I have to say about Geno. So it is a bad thing in a way not on there part but to commit to UConn thinking they will contribute when they can go somewhere else and start or see magnifcent pt

PS that's one thing your off topic about AI didn't want to go to practice. Me I'm saying practice is for earning your time and learning. But at some point as a competitor you want to prove you can play in games. What you talking bout AI lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom