OT: - Victor Wembanyama | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Victor Wembanyama

Reaction Score
Wemby is probably more skilled right now than Giannis, let alone comparing them both at age 18.

If he puts on weight and stay healthy like Giannis did after entering the league, you have a potential all-time great. Big, big if though

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Shocked I haven’t seen Kevin Durant posted yet. If he never put on serious weight that’s him but another 5-6”s. Wouldn’t think to even create a guy like this in 2k.

Has guys in the NBA ever said they couldn’t wait for a kid to get in the league before?

Reaction Score
So he’s Giannis with a few more inches

Pretty crazy
He makes Chet look like a skinny little child and Victor looks significantly thicker in the upper body since this picture was taken. Same picture expanded to feature more players and Zach Edey is standing next to him and it looks like Victor probably has an inch on him.

I think this guy is the unique freak who is actually the reported size they list him at or even taller. Looking back at old pics of Ralph Sampson and his listed 7'4 height and I highly question the validity of that measurement.

We've simply never seen a prospect with Victor's measurables with anything close to his fluidity and shooting ability. Sadly, he's still a gigantic risk though.

FWdBhaQXkAMK8QP.jpg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Their games aren't really similar at all

The way he moves reminds me of Giannis, but that jumper sure as heck doesn't

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Wemby is probably more skilled right now than Giannis, let alone comparing them both at age 18.

When Wemby puts up 30 points and 10 assists in an NBA game, let's talk.

I will say that he has the potential to be Giannis with a jumper which is downright scary.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
6’10” vs 7’4”

I’d like to call that gap an above average amount of inches lol

He reportedly has an 8'0" wingspan (!!!), which is 9" longer than Giannis's.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Can't wait till he dunks from the 3pt line. :p

Reaction Score
What? You haven't watched a second of NBA and have this take.
Expound

The single-dribble spin and layup from the arc was bread and butter Giannis

One of us has been watching

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Expound

A fadeaway 3 isn’t in giannis bag of tricks at all… wemby hoops more like KD than Giannis.

Reaction Score
Expound

He doesn't play anything like Giannis and is close to half a foot taller than him.

Giannis offensive game is based on speed and force, Wenbanyama's offensive game is based on shooting, skill, and finesse. He's a way better shooter than Giannis. The better comparison would be a much bigger Durant.

Reaction Score
Giannis is 6’10?

lol wut? Anyone trying to confirm that?
Giannis is 6-10. His wingspan is huge too.

The French kid plays like Durant and Dirk, which at 7-4 is incredible.

He’s a can’t miss nba star.

Reaction Score
His upside is quite literally best player of all time but if you play his career 100 times he is having a worse career than Giannis way over 50 times. If you draft him and he is Giannis you are incredibly happy as you probably win multiple championships and compete for 15 years.

He can be a better prospect than Giannis but Giannis is one of the top player development stories in NBA history. I think him and Kawhi are the two best in my memory. Regardless between him and Scoot this is the best tanking opportunity in years and maybe ever

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom