Very winnable Game against Temple | The Boneyard

Very winnable Game against Temple

Reaction Score
Temple, as always, has played a competitive schedule which keepers their RPI from sagging. An away win against a decent opponent is just want the doctor ordered this week. I’m sick of talking about the “inquiry.” Is is it too early to get pumped for this game?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Same line up as last game. Need confidence and to play smart

Reaction Score
I want to stop saying winnable game, however, because in football and bball, saying that has not worked out for the Huskies as of late. I encourage others to stop too, for the time being.

Missouri was a "winnable" game up until game day and uconn was clobbered from the first minute. BC was too, and no chance from the very start.

I heard many people say Arkansas and Auburn (due to players being absent) were winnable games and Uconn was NEVER in either of those games.

Memphis was "winnable" and we saw how lousy uconn was there too, never in it.

Do we notice a pattern? Of late, ALL "winnable" games result in a beat down from the very start.

So IMO this is the curse of the "winnable" game...STOP saying winnable, IMO.

(Or, is it time to stop the "winnable" game "curse" tomorrow? One would hope)

Reaction Score
I want to stop saying winnable game, however, because in football and bball, saying that has not worked out for the Huskies as of late. I encourage others to stop too, for the time being.

Missouri was a "winnable" game up until game day and uconn was clobbered from the first minute. BC was too, and no chance from the very start.

I heard many people say Arkansas and Auburn (due to players being absent) were winnable games and Uconn was NEVER in either of those games.

Memphis was "winnable" and we saw how lousy uconn was there too, never in it.

Do we notice a pattern? Of late, ALL "winnable" games result in a beat down from the very start.

So IMO this is the curse of the "winnable" game...STOP saying winnable, IMO.

(Or, is it time to stop the "winnable" game "curse" tomorrow? One would hope)

Yeah they're definitely losing games because of what us idiot fans are thinking and saying on the internet. You should be policing what everyone says and thinks, God's work buddy!!

Reaction Score
Having seen Temple a couple times this year i think we could win. Surprised line is +6.5

Reaction Score
Yeah they're definitely losing games because of what us idiot fans are thinking and saying on the internet. You should be policing what everyone says and thinks, God's work buddy!!
It is a ...joke...learn to laugh. It has been a tough season.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If vital scores 16 + it’s very winnable . Under that going to be tough on road sans Larrier

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
More so than you think.

Yours is like, "We gotta fight for our right to be idiots."

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The key is defense. It was lousy against Memphis, much better against SMU. They were much better at cutting off dribble penetration and tagging the three point shooters. If they do that again, I think they win.

Reaction Score
This team still scares me with how they handle travel and away games, typical of a young team I guess.

Winning an away game handedly against a conference foe will be a big step in the maturity process.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
To me this game is huge. Another conference win, and going to UCF for another win. We are currently in 4th. Take advantage of the Memphis loss yesterday. A great game today to keep the run going.

Reaction Score
Despite all the drama and noise with the program, this season is not lost. Putting aside the inquiry, the team needs to come together and play hard with good ball movement. The Larrier injury may have been a blessing in disguise. I thought they would struggle to find offense. The SMU game showed they can play.

Reaction Score
Winnable!

I really would like to see more 2 guard line ups from now on. I mean I get Anderson can man up on occasion and brings an extra handle for security (Vital not as much), but he can't score and while he is a tough rebounder for his size he's small and they will post him up in mismatches tonight. I'm okay with 20 minutes from him but not 30 plus, we are better with Polley, Whaley and Carlton in although I do realize foul trouble may be an issue. Then use Diarra and some 3 guard but not the majority.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
The key is defense. It was lousy against Memphis, much better against SMU. They were much better at cutting off dribble penetration and tagging the three point shooters. If they do that again, I think they win.
This, and whether they (primarily Adams) can continue to penetrate the zone / get passed their defender and make the right choice about kicking out or finishing at the rim. Also looking for early and consistent attacking on the blocks with Carlton and Whalley, and a few minutes for Diarra.

Reaction Score
If Anderson use the screen properly to get in the paint, all I wanna see from that man is floaters , cuz we all see it takes him too long to gather and shoot which led to his shots being blocked.. just need him, Polley , vital to be efficient and we’ll win another one

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Sim doesn't like us sans Larrier:

temple_score.png

Reaction Score
We don’t travel well
We are undermanned
Possiblilty of a letdown after a big win
We can’t shoot.
UConn 63 Temple 60

Please give me a lineup of JA, CV, Tyler Phommachanh, IW, JC and let’s see how they do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom