very OT: "Comfortably Numb" | The Boneyard

very OT: "Comfortably Numb"

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This article about Pink Floyd's song harkens back to some off-season, off-topic Boneyard threads. Not sure what triggered the article, though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/b...and-other-takes.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0
One of my favorite songs of all time. Interesting links in there. Eddie Vedder can sing anything (need to get Vedder and Gilmore together). Scissor Sister did a different, but very interesting version there. BUT, the author did not link the best version, 1994 Pulse concert. Gilmore was just unreal there.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
One of my favorite songs of all time. Interesting links in there. Eddie Vedder can sing anything (need to get Vedder and Gilmore together). Scissor Sister did a different, but very interesting version there. BUT, the author did not link the best version, 1994 Pulse concert. Gilmore was just unreal there.

Thanks for posting that. Boy, that brought back some memories! One of Gilmore's greatest performances...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that. Boy, that brought back some memories! One of Gilmore's greatest performances...
Maybe one of the greatest guitar solos ever.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Maybe one of the greatest guitar solos ever.
That too... But then I would rank Gilmore in my top three rock guitarists of all time. (I think we had a thread about that several years ago.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom