Vandy out of Legends Classic | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Vandy out of Legends Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the kind of scheduling shenanigans you see with a small town 6th grade travel team. In this case, it is high level D1 college basketball programs.
Everyone is literally doing the best they can in the middle of a pandemic, how could anyone have an issue with this? I give a ton of credit to everyone at Mohegan and all the teams for doing everything they possibly can to get games played! Crazy takes on here..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Everyone is literally doing the best they can in the middle of a pandemic, how could anyone have an issue with this? I give a ton of credit to everyone at Mohegan and all the teams for doing everything they possibly can to get games played! Crazy takes on here..

I am pointing out how crazy it is to see a D1 basketball program schedule like this. You appear to be agreeing with me, but then say I have a crazy take. R.I.F.

Reaction Score
I am pointing out how crazy it is to see a D1 basketball program schedule like this. You appear to be agreeing with me, but then say I have a crazy take. R.I.F.
You referred to this as shenanigans, which I 100% don’t agree with, because I interpret that as being a negative/bad thing.

Reaction Score
Truly hope DH isn’t turning down opps to play, and I doubt it. He doesn’t strike me like the type of guy - might have been using quotes to motivate his guys to man up

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I know what Hurley said, but we are going to be lucky to get 25 games in this winter if the season isn't cancelled altogether. He really shouldn't pass up opportunities to play.
Teams are going to have no margin of error this season. Realistically, teams will play 22-25 games, so a 15-7 record out of the P6 is going to be like a 4-5 seed. A single bad loss or cold stretch is going to be fatal because there just won't be enough games to make it up.
I was about to post the same thing. I think a lot of coaches have figured this out, and are trying to cram games in where they can.

Edit: I did a quick scan of the standings, and going into today, there are about 100 D1 teams that have not played a game yet. We have just got to play when we can play.

You referred to this as shenanigans, which I 100% don’t agree with, because I interpret that as being a negative/bad thing.

I think my posting on this topic is pretty clear.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if we can't find an opponent when teams from across the country are flying into our backyard to play. Be very disappointed as I'm sure guys who've had limited playing time would love to see the court if our front line guys need more practice. Nothing is guaranteed this year except opportunities taken or missed.

Reaction Score
It may be ugly, but they should play against tough competition as soon as possible. This team is young and needs the experience before Big East play.

Much better competition in BE than AAC.

Reaction Score
It may be ugly, but they should play against tough competition as soon as possible. This team is young and needs the experience before Big East play.

Much better competition in BE than AAC.
Agreed. We should hopefully hear our modified schedule any moment now.

Reaction Score
I don't know if you're intentionally lying or someone lied to you and you believed it but you're wrong.

Reaction Score
The onus is on you to prove what you're saying. The matchups were set even before UConn was in the Big East.

Reaction Score
I hope we stay in bubbleville (like nova) and play a game after our Nc State game. Need another decent game before St. John’s. Maybe on the 7th and then practice up before the 11th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom