UVA making the committee proud | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UVA making the committee proud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If they were going to be as so brazen to give the ACC preference because of political pressure why would they let it be exposed so badly? Total incompetence.

Reaction Score
Pitino must be in a bad mood tonight watching how much better his team was than UVA.

Reaction Score
haha. Too classic.
IMG_3261.jpeg

Reaction Score
The absurdity of what the selection committee did, is beyond the pale. I understand the idea of take care of your games and the rest will come to you. But the Hall, SJU and at arms, length PC being snubbed for these participation trophy teams. Haven’t seen anything like this in my 35 years of following NCAA basketball.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
On the surface, 22-9 and 13-7 in a P5 conference sounds like it means something. Then you look and see that, as with all the expanded conferences with lopsided schedules, some teams only get played once.

For Virginia, this included all of their fellow 20± game winners, including 3 other tournament teams: Carolina, Clemson, Duke, and Pitt.

At home, they beat Clemson by a point. They lost to all the others.

I saved the best for last. Virginia beat 21-game winning Syracuse 84-62

Reaction Score
Well, English has plenty of time to wonder after losing to mighty BC.
Virginia got smoked by 22 vs Notre Dame, lost 75-41 to Vtech and needed OT to escape BC, not like they were that good. Lost 65-41 to Wisconsin.

A team that hung 90 on UConn likely would have had a better showing....

Reaction Score
Yeah, BC isn’t terrible but PC with Carter wins that. PC with Carter and Hopkins wins by 20.
Providences loss to 20-15 BC wasn't as bad as Virginia's loss to 13-20 Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Big East goes 0-3 in NIT (X, PC, Butler lose). But the debacle that is Virginia (7th time scoring fewer than 50 points) makes the NCAA Selection Committee the biggest losers tonight. Rightful pie on the face of the Committee. Absurd.

This is why Pitino said no. You’re not getting your best effort from your guys in the NIT anymore. Not worth it unless you’re an upstart!

Reaction Score
This is why Pitino said no. You’re not getting your best effort from your guys in the NIT anymore. Not worth it unless you’re an upstart!
Only exception is an up and coming team. Calhoun could get his guys up for the NIT when they were starting out in '88 and '97. I'll never forget how crazy Gampel was against Nebraska in '97.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If they were going to be as so brazen to give the ACC preference because of political pressure why would they let it be exposed so badly?
Pitino's Dream Week Begins

"Yeah, that's right, leave me out. I know what to say & do.

Remember, 6 Mountain West teams. Leave out the one that beat Creighton but couldn't get 20 wins, but set up a play-in for Virginia, with the other one that beat Creighton.

It'll drive the rest of the conference crazy, when they lose 3 NIT games (including against the spread) on opening night. But you guys don't have to worry about any of that.

I still got contacts at Minnesota through my Mountain West kid, so Butler's gonna lose a heartbreaker. Miller will get my team's invite, but fail to get his .500 record by losing a close one to an 11th place SEC team that lost to Providence. And this is important because we've arranged for Devin Carter's final in-game wince last Friday will keep him out of the Battle for New England's 2nd Best team and make the ACC look stronger, while giving us talking points to justify his POY award as we complete the spin to recast it as MVP on the day that Newton gets tapped as a 1st team AP All American. You won't believe how bad my Friars will look without him. Yeah, I'll always think of them as 'mine.'

I can't thank you enough for the head start on the transfer portal by staying away from that loser tournament. I wonder what Cooley's been up to...

Anyway, I sure am glad I had that planning session with that Satanic scamp Jarvis at the Garden last month, even if that fist-throwing Spencer kid made me look like a fool after my slow-footed shmegeges couldn't stick with him like I told them to all game. At least McDermott paid attention. Yeah, the guy who kicked off the Year of the Mountain West.

What a year, and with The Post and Fatso in the bag, I can keep the pressure on the Hurley family after I whiffed with Alleyne. I'm just getting started. Go Lobos."

Now, flush all of this away. This evil genius has lost 4 times to UConn in the past year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom