Utah Transfer Devon Daniels | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Utah Transfer Devon Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He looks like a nice player. But we are chasing a lot of big time wings for the 2018 class aren't we? I wouldn't want him to keep them from coming.

At the moment, what we need most is a big who can contribute next year. I'm not worried about the wing. We already have to play our primary wing at the 4 because we don't have enough bigs. Larrier, Vital and Andrews is just fine to cover the 3 spot.
You take players that you know can play now, after the past few years we have enough examples of chasing bigtime players only to come up empty handed and then not even come away with primary 2nd or 3rd options. If this dude wants to come here there shouldn't be any hesitation of bringing him onboard.

Reaction Score
This guy is an easy take;

1) Super efficient, shot a high percentage from 2
2) Shoots it very well from deep
3) attacks the rim well, seems to get where he wants pretty easily, plays with nice easy pace yet creates space
4) Fits into spot Anderson vacates
5) 3 to play
6) can finish at rim with either hand
7) does everything well offensively, nice handle as well it looked like
8) Josh Jackson's mom had to have him on her team due to his "toughness"

9) 6'5 fits with our smaller guards

10) Solid athlete across the board; does not look like we'd get less than 2 years after transfer

Would be super stoked to get him at UConn!!!

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I think it's pretty fair to say that Vance's dad is the one making this decision. He seems to have always been uber critical of Ollie for VJ's playing time etc. Maybe Vance doesn't leave if his boy shows up. I'd be fine with that regardless of how unlikely it is.

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty fair to say that Vance's dad is the one making this decision. He seems to have always been uber critical of Ollie for VJ's playing time etc. Maybe Vance doesn't leave if his boy shows up. I'd be fine with that regardless of how unlikely it is.
Not meant as a jab at you, but we need to stop rehashing this.

Reaction Score
Good video. This guy is a circus act. Very athletic with an uncanny sense for the hoop. Very unorthodox and very instinctive he attacks with the strangest angles and body postures. His threes look good. Excellent handle and body control. I would enjoy watching this guy play. He's got game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
besides an instagram post from Jalen is there any evidence to suggest that staff is actively recruiting this kids as a transfer? Or is it Jalen's way off getting this kid more followers putting something like that up and knowing several folks on here will start following him in hopes he does in fact come to Storrs.

Reaction Score
besides an instagram post from Jalen is there any evidence to suggest that staff is actively recruiting this kids as a transfer? Or is it Jalen's way off getting this kid more followers putting something like that up and knowing several folks on here will start following him in hopes he does in fact come to Storrs.
Yes they are recruiting him.

Reaction Score

I like that this is a concern... 'I don't want to go giving some kid attention if the point was just to get him attention'

Even if that was the case, live your life

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
DHam and Vance have soured me on west coast dudes. Not excited about this kid. We'll see.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Good news Dove, he's from Kalamazoo Michigan and played college in Utah which is over 700 miles from the west coast. Get excited!
How the heck did he become besties with Vance?

Reaction Score
They played together at Prolific Prep
CTkRDPKU8AEprdX.jpg:large

Reaction Score
I don't know, but maybe Mamoudou Diarra is visiting other schools because he knows something we don't? A VJ return?

Sorry, I'm grasping at straws here. It's a pipe dream, but Vance back in a UConn jersey would be yuge for 2017.

Reaction Score
Vance is not going to come back to UConn just because his friend might transfer here.

Does Devon Daniels change Vance Sr.'s thoughts about Vance Jr's role? If anything, Daniels being here would make it even more likely that Vance would be asked to play the stretch 4 role, which his pops clearly doesn't like.

I don't think Vance is leaving because he doesn't have enough good friends in Storrs.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I love this kid's intensity. As someone pointed out he's motoring all the time in those clips. Makes an incredible shot, falls, but gets up quickly and hustles back on D. No posturing or posing.

Shaq Goodwin demonstrated this type of hustle at Memphis before that program started to implode. Different players but I always admire those kids who leave it on the court. It's a bonus if the kid has game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom