USC vs UConn | The Boneyard

USC vs UConn

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Dec 21. Next season in Los Angeles. That’s all I got for now. Huge game. On FOX
I believe they said the game next season is at UConn, which means it will be a big game on ESPN. Just looked up the date, and it is a Saturday which means it will probably be on ABC. This will be one of the best and high-profile games of the season.

Reaction Score
I believe they said the game next season is at UConn, which means it will be a big game on ESPN. Just looked up the date, and it is a Saturday which means it will probably be on ABC. This will be one of the best and high-profile games of the season.
Doesnt fox have the rights to Bigeast games simce it would be at UConn

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
My mistake, it will be on Fox. I was thinking about the NFL when the network of the visiting team broadcasts the game.

Reaction Score
Hell yes. This might be a championship caliber game.
Great also for UConn visibility and recruiting on the west coast. UCLA already on schedule so while out west for the USC matchup why not try to slot in another game with a west coast school - Stanford? Washington? Gonzaga? Oregon State? Or move a bit further east for Utah, Arizona.

Reaction Score
Great also for UConn visibility and recruiting on the west coast. UCLA already on schedule so while out west for the USC matchup why not try to slot in another game with a west coast school - Stanford? Washington? Gonzaga? Oregon State? Or move a bit further east for Utah, Arizona.
Wait UCLA is on schedule? Since when?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not really. The left coast has been aware of UConn for a few decades. What would be good would be #12.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thought tv went by home courts rights when a out of conference game
No. When 2 Big East teams play, the league owns the TV rights but out of conference games belong to the school. You might remember that ESPN usually tells, say, UConn and South Carolina the date and time to play. Neither the Big East or the SEC have any say nor do either one of them get paid.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
BB4B88FF-7FE8-4503-8BE5-7B671FA62F09.jpeg

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It's going to be an exciting and fun season!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Seems like I'll have to make the drive for the UNC game, too bad it couldn't be on campus.

Reaction Score
My mistake, it will be on Fox. I was thinking about the NFL when the network of the visiting team broadcasts the game.
Yeah Fox. I'm sure there is encouragement for Big10 and Big East games since they are both Fox conferences.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
No. When 2 Big East teams play, the league owns the TV rights but out of conference games belong to the school. You might remember that ESPN usually tells, say, UConn and South Carolina the date and time to play. Neither the Big East or the SEC have any say nor do either one of them get paid.
Actually Nan UConn home games are either FOX, CBS, or SNY. ESPN has no rights to UConn home games. With USC moving to the Big Ten the USC home game would most likely be on FOX, CBS, or the Big 10 Network in 2025. ESPN will miss out on both games, such a shame, NOT.

Reaction Score
No. FOX has the rights to all BE basketball home games, including when BE teams play non-conference games. You can go back to the 2020-21 season (when we rejoined the league) and see that all non-conference home games picked up by major networks were FOX and their affiliates, while away and neutral site games were ESPN and ABC. In the example you gave, ESPN only dictates the date/time of UConn South Carolina games when they are played at South Carolina or on neutral courts. That’s why the game was on ESPN last season (in Columbia), FOX in 2022-23 (in
Hartford), ESPN in 2021-22 (in the Bahamas), and FS1 in 2020-21 (in Storrs).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom