USA vs Canada | The Boneyard

USA vs Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"The Olympics will run from Aug. 5-21. The U.S. team is in Group B along with Canada, Senegal, Serbia and two teams that will earn their berth in the Rio Games at the Olympic qualifying tournament in France from June 13-19."

I am thinking that Kia Nurse will be the Canada team PG. Sue Bird will be the US PG. Don't know much about the other teams in the Group B, some teams yet to be named. This will be a different US team than Canada faced last summer in the Pan Am games where Kia dropped 34 points on the US team as I recalled.

Reaction Score
Kia probably told Stewie to watch out because you are going down. I will have to be rooting for Kia and USA in that game. I suspect that Kia and Sue are familiar with each other from practices. Now if Kia drops 30 on this team, next year is looking a lot better.

Reaction Score
Kia probably told Stewie to watch out because you are going down. I will have to be rooting for Kia and USA in that game. I suspect that Kia and Sue are familiar with each other from practices. Now if Kia drops 30 on this team, next year is looking a lot better.

The Olympics will be a good for Kia to keep working on getting her own shot.........she will really, really need that next season for UConn to succeed .............

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
People talk about Tuck not getting the media recognition she deserved. But Kia is also an underpraised Husky. She is 100% on every play, and she seems to always be in the right place. She reminds me of Bria at times.

Glad to see Morgan's banner on the wall at Gampel. You just gotta love that kid! And it won't shock me if Kia ends up there too. She has a way to go, it's true. But she has the potential to really step up in the coming years.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more with BigBird. Truth is USA is just too much for Canada this year. I will root for Kia though. I think Kia deferred to her UConn teammates this year in scoring. She could, when occasions demanded it, poured it on. Would not be surprised if Kia will be the UConn PG next year and a future AA Husky Honors candidate.

Reaction Score
I understand the conflict ion of loyalties!! I'll be cheering Kia in all games NOT against USA--and she will probably cheering all games by USA not against Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom