USA Basketball Women’s National Team Unveils November NCAA Tour Games | The Boneyard

USA Basketball Women’s National Team Unveils November NCAA Tour Games

Reaction Score

“The USA Basketball Women’s National Team, which announced in July an expanded training program to aid in its pursuit of a seventh consecutive Olympic gold medal, will tip-off its quest for a gold in Tokyo with four games against top 10 ranked NCAA Division I programs. Opening on Nov. 2 at Stanford University, the USA will play Oregon State University on Nov. 4, Texas A&M University on Nov. 7 and cap the first portion of its NCAA games against University of Oregon on Nov. 9.

Additionally, early in 2020 the U.S. will compete in a second series of NCAA games, which will be announced at a later date.”

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hoping UConn will be on the itinerary and they play either in MSG or Barclay's

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No. Date and venue will be announced later.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see which Pac-12 team gives them the toughest game.

The timing of the first series of games occurs before the teams have really jelled. OU has the best player in the most important guard position and less new parts so I think that is pretty easy. The teams like UConn late in the season should have the best chance.

Reaction Score
lol... our athletics dept has an interesting spin
The 12 athletes committed to the national team for the collegiate tour are: Seimone Augustus (Minnesota Lynx), Sue Bird (Seattle Storm), Layshia Clarendon (Connecticut Sun), Napheesa Collier (Minnesota Lynx), Elena Delle Donne (Washington Mystics), Skylar Diggins-Smith (Dallas Wings), Sylvia Fowles (Minnesota Lynx), Chelsea Gray (Los Angeles Sparks), Nneka Ogwumike (Los Angeles Sparks), Kelsey Plum (Las Vegas Aces), Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury) and A'ja Wilson (Las Vegas Aces).

In support of growing interest in the sport of women's basketball at all levels while recognizing the opportunity for current student-athletes to compete against former college stars, the NCAA granted waivers to allow member schools to compete against the 2019-20 USA National Team. The games do not count for or against the teams' overall records, or towards their NCAA Tournament resumes.

The Aggies have previously faced seven of the 12 athletes committed to the USA Women's National Team tour, including defeating Ogwumike's Stanford team and Diggins-Smith's Notre Dame en route to the 2011 National Championship. In 2013, the Aggies held Washington's Plum to her career-low of six points in a Texas A&M win inside Reed Arena and swept Clarendon's Cal teams over a pair of games in 2009-10 and 2010-11. Connecticut's Collier, Duke's Gray and South Carolina's Wilson have also faced Texas A&M in their collegiate careers.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Hoping UConn will be on the itinerary and they play either in MSG or Barclay's

I love games in MSG; I especially love the announcer. Three point goal forrrrrrr.....

Reaction Score
EDD will miss the 4 November USA Senior Team games vs NCAA schools due to her herniated discs. USA BB will name a replacement player later this week.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
EDD will miss the 4 November USA Senior Team games vs NCAA schools due to her herniated discs. USA BB will name a replacement player later this week.

This wasn't a hard call. She needs to be resting her back for now. Hopefully she can take the court in early 2020.

Reaction Score
So if they were to play maybe 4 more after January who should they play?

UConn, Baylor, Maryland, South Carolina would be my picks....I considered Miss State, but given the USA/SC connection I picked SC. Would love to see BU and UConn play them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom