Upset alert

Reaction Score
Notre Dame lost to NC State...
Duke lost to Florida State
Arizona lost to Washington State

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
WOW, Ohio State was cruising along 19 and 0, 8 - 0 in the B1G, now they are 19 - 3 and 8 - 3 with losses to Iowa, @Indiana, and Purdue. Wonder how far they drop and will Nova be ahead of them in the polls?

Reaction Score
The sky is not falling, it has fallen. We are doooooooomed!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Did I miss something with Ohio? Did someone get hurt or something that messed up their chemistry. Train has fallen off the tracks (unfortunately like our men).

Reaction Score
Did I miss something with Ohio? Did someone get hurt or something that messed up their chemistry. Train has fallen off the tracks (unfortunately like our men).
They did lose a player to injury on Jan 3rd, but I don't think that's the issue. Sometimes teams just have a hot start and then one day come back down to earth.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ohio State looked like they had a decent OOC at the start of the year as they had #5 TN, #7 Louisville, and #20 Oregon on their slate, and an early conference game against #25 Michigan. In retrospect even while they moved up the rankings to #2 at 19-0, that schedule no longer looks all that impressive - the only currently ranked team the have beaten is #13 Michigan whose only ranked win was against currently #15 UNC.

I would expect tOSU to drop like a stone tomorrow after their 3 losses.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think maybe everyone's problem with rankings and upsets this year has a root cause - most of the P5 conferences just aren't that special this year. SC and Stanford stand out above the rest, but even Stanford has looked less dominant than usual. The Big 12 and Big Ten and ACC do not have clearly great teams - they have three or four competitive teams, but not really complete teams. The SEC with the exception of 'maybe (they really haven't played anyone)' LSU is a bunch of mediocrity and the Pac12 while probably having the best depth of teams, those teams are also not the usual suspects so it is sort of hard to trust them.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ohio State looked like they had a decent OOC at the start of the year as they had #5 TN, #7 Louisville, and #20 Oregon on their slate, and an early conference game against #25 Michigan. In retrospect even while they moved up the rankings to #2 at 19-0, that schedule no longer looks all that impressive - the only currently ranked team the have beaten is #13 Michigan whose only ranked win was against currently #15 UNC.

I would expect tOSU to drop like a stone tomorrow after their 3 losses.
0B478E46-FA15-4E52-8E8F-7459893F4820.jpeg

Reaction Score
Purdue in their previous game beat a (temporarily) ranked Illinois team, so their win
over tOSU, while surprising, is perhaps not real surprising. Purdue is playing their way
into the NCAA tournament.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
OSU lost their starting back court in Jacey Sheldon and Madison Greene. Sheldon was injured in a car accident and is expected back soon. She hasn't played since 11/20/22. Greene was lost for the season in the USF game 12/20/22. The injury stuff isn't just centered around UConn.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
OSU lost their starting back court in Jacey Sheldon and Madison Greene. Sheldon was injured in a car accident and is expected back soon. She hasn't played since 11/20/22. Greene was lost for the season in the USF game 12/20/22. The injury stuff isn't just centered around UConn.
I thought @BballFan was asking what happened in the past week that messed up their chemistry.
Or I could be wrong, again. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I thought @BballFan was asking what happened in the past week that messed up their chemistry.
Or I could be wrong, again. :)
I assumed that when he said "Train has fallen off the tracks" @BballFan meant what has been the general cause of their series of loses. Perhaps it's I that is, again, wrong:(.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom