Upset Alert - Down Goes Perdue (merged) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Upset Alert - Down Goes Perdue (merged)

Reaction Score
Really really want to play them for at at least half the marbles if not all!!

This BS about losing is good has got to go. Can we institute Boneyard fines for such heresy? Winning is a habit, winning is a skill, winning is a mindset, winning is a condition of being. Winners gonna win and losers gonna lose. I bet you Cam Spencer would struggle to speak if you asked him to talk about losing, even in a genereal sense.
You know whats really dumb about it? The 99 championship team took its 2nd and only loss on Feb 20th. 2011 Kemba team lost 3 of its last 4 games. 2014 3-2 down the stretch. You get the point. It doesnt matter. If youre going to win youre going to make it happen regardless. Winning begets winning, losing is losing. This team is totally capable of winning out and its what we should all be hoping for. A loss is a loss and doesnt make us any better or improve our odds. Thats just fear talking.

Reaction Score
Are we locked into UNC as long as they are a 2? I hope not but every bracket I see has them with us. Do 2s stay in their home region? What if they are top team on 2 line and were top on 1 line? Seems crazy.

Reaction Score
Im not afraid of us playing anyone this season. Felt that way last season too.
Be careful!!!! You're gonna JINX us with your magical powers!!!

Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

Reaction Score
"Perdue" goes down like barbecue chicken.

Minnesota gave Purdue a scare on Thursday before pulling away but Ohio State did more damage than that, taking down the No. 2 Boilermakers on Sunday in a 73-69 stunner. That's going to be an ugly loss to shake and might be something that keeps it from earning the No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score

The thing I don't get is that people argue that N.C. is in the East bracket because they are the top or second best #2 seed, so they get to stay home. Duke, who would be the worst #3 seed, gets to stay on this side of the Mississippi, while Bama, has to go west, which doesn't make sense to me.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Would like Houston and Purdue to be in same side of the draw
Houston is a Big, Athletic, Physical team that’s built like football players. They could make it very ugly for us. High tops and mouth pieces for that game

Reaction Score
24 hours ago, after the #1 overall seed announcement, a Purdue fan commented, "Cue the whiny UConn fans in 3...2...1..."

The whole CBS panel was absolutely giddy about Purdue getting the overall number 1 seed.

They don't like us. They can't stand the possibility of UConn getting the tip spot.

They have to give us just enough respect to save face.

I hope to God we rip through the tourney like a buzz saw. I really do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are we locked into UNC as long as they are a 2? I hope not but every bracket I see has them with us. Do 2s stay in their home region? What if they are top team on 2 line and were top on 1 line? Seems crazy.
Yeah, if we are #1 overall and in the East, we should not be getting UNC as our #2 by default because they're an East coast team. That's some women's basketball BS.

We should get whoever belongs with us based on the S Curve.

If UNC falls to #8 overall, then maybe.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if we are #1 overall and in the East, we should not be getting UNC as our #2 by default because they're an East coast team. That's some women's basketball BS.

We should get whoever belongs with us based on the S Curve.

If UNC falls to #8 overall, then maybe.

UConn has never gotten the overall number 1 seed.

I don't really care if they do give it to us. But if for some reason we end being number 1 overall, I guarantee you that east region will be stacked against us.

From the 2 seed down to the play in games, every team will be solid.

The road to the Final Four will be difficult and I wouldn't want it any other way. This squad is capable of achieving big things.

Hope the Mojo is strong

caw

Reaction Score
Said it before but I'll say it again Purdue has good ball movement (they pass well and swing the ball decently when defenses collapse on Edey), but they have horrid off ball movement. It makes a ton of sense why those guys hit such a high percentage from three though with that offense.

I could count on one hand how many possessions didn't have two guys standing in/near the corners like statues the entire possession today. Usually with a high PnR, or straight post up for Edey. Also Smith is way too in love with that 17-19 foot fading jump shot.

I know a lot of teams don't run very sophisticated stuff offensively but still that was gross to watch. OSU was worse in some ways because they take a lot of contested shots.

Defensively Edey looked slow as molasses to any interior passing.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nope. A judge doesn't get to "retire," avoid cases he or she doesn't want to rule upon and then get to come back and pick their cases.

You do realize you retired, right? Quit coming to the office in your robe and fuzzy slippers and asking people if they want to go to the Denny's early bird special with you.

There was a brief period where the Beach Boys let Murry Wilson (father of Brian, Dennis & Carl and yes, he did spell his first name that way) think he was producing their songs. He would sit behind a soundboard that wasn’t connected to anything while they were recording and a sound engineer in a different spot would actually makes the adjustments during the recordings. Murry was just turning knobs thinking he was doing something.

This approach worked last year with Deepster last year and I imagine it will again be the best approach. Let him think he's actually doing something when the real work is being done around him by those he's oblivious to.

Reaction Score
Be careful!!!! You're gonna JINX us with your magical powers!!!

Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU
Lol! Well its a good thing my words and thoughts hold absolutely no influence over any results. Although im ok with respecting the mojo and i dont think my comment messes with it.

Reaction Score
UConn has never gotten the overall number 1 seed.

I don't really care if they do give it to us. But if for some reason we end being number 1 overall, I guarantee you that east region will be stacked against us.

From the 2 seed down to the play in games, every team will be solid.

The road to the Final Four will be difficult and I wouldn't want it any other way. This squad is capable of achieving big things.

Hope the Mojo is strong
Could you point out what teams these would be stacked against us?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Lots of cocky comments before the boys go on the road to play at Creighton, a place we haven't won since rejoining the Big East.

Bad mojo.

Very true.

Anyone who doesn't understand how powerful mojo is (or can be) needs to look at 2011. While we were doing evreyhting possible to feed and appease the mojo gods, many on the women's boards mocked us (and by extension those gods). That team was a stone cold lock (hell, they had senior year Maya Moore) to win their third title in a row when their conceit and hubris offended the gods sufficiently to derail their title hopes.

What amazes me most about Deep's behavior is that as a liffelong Mets/Jets fan he somoehow believes he knows more about the powers of good mojo than others.

Reaction Score
You are aware if we are the #1 in the East we play the first two rounds in Brooklyn and then Boston which are pretty much home games?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom