Updated Bracketology [2/13] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated Bracketology [2/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
How about a 3 seed in the West and Arizona as the one, with an Elite 8 matchup in Anaheim against them for a spot in the Final 4? I seem to recall that going well the last time.

Reaction Score
There isn't a single team out there that would want to see UConn as a 6 seed in their bracket. Between us, UCLA, Ohio State and Memphis, that's not even a close call. As well as this team's been playing recently we can hope for, at most, two loses by the end of the conference tournament, which would put us squarely in the four seed range. Send us out west and watch us go deep in the heart of Texas

Reaction Score
Fla. St. wii not be in the tour. currently 14-10
funny. someone in the media was describing Fl State as a quality loss for a bubble team. forgot who they were referring to.

Reaction Score
Why am I feeling like Connecticut will surprise many of us?!?!. I think this team hasn't show their best yet... I hope my feelings stay true. Lets GO!!!!!!!

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
funny. someone in the media was describing Fl State as a quality loss for a bubble team. forgot who they were referring to.
Clemson and FSU? They exchanged wins at eachother's arenas.

Reaction Score
A couple of things:

I think Nova will be a #1 seed baring any crazy upset and if they avenge to Creighton on Sunday.

Big East will have Nova, Creighton, Xavier in for sure and at the very least
two out of the next four: PC/GT/St. Johns/Marquette.

Tonight's game between Seton Hall and St. Johns and Saturdays match between PC and DePaul are gonna shuffle things up a bit. If Big East avoid more upsets then it will definitely get 5 teams in.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It's kind of funny - there is really no bracket you can make that won't make UConn fans say 'they did that for a reason' or 'those are teams we don't want to face' or 'those are teams we'd love to face.' The bottom line is there are good teams and bad teams in any bracket. The reason nobody wins the million bucks is because there are as many people who think we would beat Cuse as wouldn't want to face them.

More importantly, there is no bracket you can design where there is not some history that some major team is going to have with UConn (thanks to our high level of success). Put is in a bracket with Duke, there's a story. Put us in a bracket with Syracuse, there's a story. Put us in a bracket with UK, now there's a story. Not that they'll make it, but put us in a bracket with Washington, there's a story. Gonzaga, Pitt, Georgetown, Texas, Mich St, UCLA - there's a story.

I challenge anyone to make a reasonable bracket in terms of seeds where you can get everyone to say they want that bracket or one without a special story that people will say the NCAA did that on purpose.

It's part of being one of the 5 best programs over 20 years. Don't hate on that - embrace it - enjoy it. We have entered that realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom