Updated 247 Rankings | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Updated 247 Rankings

Reaction Score
BOOOM! Solo is now composite 42.

Composite for him is not updated. Give it time, they finally updated Castles.
1661800711480.png

Reaction Score
BOOOM! Solo is now composite 42.
are the class rankings updated?

edit- they are and somehow we are still 7 despite our players all getting big bumps

Reaction Score
So now On3 is the outlier on Ball. Thankfully we can confirm that the 247 composite doesn't use On3 for basketball, only for football. And we can all agree that 247 composite is the one true source and On3 is stricken from the record. Dead to us.

Ball is now 50 (ESPN), 38 (247), 47 (Rivals) and 118 (On3). There's no way he's a 247 composite 41 if they included the 118. For example, he's composite 61 on On3, which makes much more sense with the 3 top 50 ranks and one outside the top 100.

Castle is 22, 23, 24, and 27 (in same order as above). Must be a lot of volatility in the teens and 20s of other sites for him to be 20/23 in the 247/On3 composites, despite being ranked lower than that in all individual rankings.

Reaction Score
FWIW, saw this in an ESPN+ article today.

It has been nearly five months since the ESPN 100 -- and ESPN 60 and ESPN 25, of course -- was completely updated. In that time, we've seen new men's basketball recruits establish themselves as five-star prospects, a handful of players make cases to be the No. 1-ranked player in the 2023 class, and plenty of commitments. Dozens and dozens of commitments.

So that's why they had Ball so low. He was a break out star this past spring and summer. The other services have updated their rankings multiple times since ESPN updated theirs.

8. More new faces into the ESPN 100

G Solomon Ball
ESPN 100 ranking: 50

Ball, a UConn commit, has great length, speed and explosiveness. He was second on the circuit in transition points per game and was one of the most efficient volume scorers on the circuit, scoring 1.01 points per possession, according to Synergy Sports. "He has a lot of similarities to Donovan Mitchell," said Brewster Academy coach Jason Smith, who coached Mitchell before he enrolled at Louisville and was drafted in 2017. Ball finds his way to the rim most times and is a determined finisher. Though he shoots just 28% from long distance, he has the work habits to change that entering his senior season. "He has a tremendous work ethic and desire to improve daily," Smith said.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Solo is such a unique prospect I can see how one site would love him and another wouldn’t.

Reaction Score
This probably isn’t worth its own thread, but Isaiah Coleman committed to…College of Charleston? I did not see that one coming.

Something tells me the recruiting services think much more highly of this guy than college coaches.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, depending again on how much stock you put in these rankings, a lot of those “higher ranked guys” dropped throughout the year. Solo has now since surpassed both Griffiths & Bowen.
Solo was a great catch. Hard to believe that he was well over #100 at one time. I think he is going to be something we have been after for a long time. A big physical guard who can shoot and take it to the hole with authority. Kudos to the staff for being on him early.

Reaction Score
Something tells me the recruiting services think much more highly of this guy than college coaches.
He’s the second 4 star they’ve gotten this summer

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I tend to lean towards it being a grades/attitude/work ethic issue that scares coaches away. Cause even if he’s over ranked as a top 50 player, some low level P5 or Big East school would take a chance on him. If he’s truly that level of talent, it would mean all the talent evaluators have been off for awhile.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t admit this to everyone, but you’d understand:

Seeing Castle as a five-star has me…

View attachment 78723
Absolutely. Living in Atlanta I plan to take my family to one of his games and show UConn love. With the Talent in GA just being able to recruit players out of Atlanta would be huge if we could keep it going. In my building alone there’s two other apartments with UConn flags. We’re doing our part.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom