Uniforms AGAIN | The Boneyard

Uniforms AGAIN

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Given that we won in the throwbacks I bet we’ll wear them until we lose. Question is, will we see the black uniforms for either big road game this weekend?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Connecticut across the chest is gorgeous but UConn is the brand... if that makes sense
Yeah, that whole rebranding effort didn’t really thrill me.
  • We need to have a consistent logo… Well except for baseball… And football.
  • We need to get rid of the unique branding and 80 year tradition of having a white husky as our mascot because, as per her quote, Susan Herbst doesn’t believe that there are such things as white huskies.
  • We need to rebrand as UConn instead of using the state name because?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Always my preference, including for merch.

I actually like the idea of Connecticut home and UConn road (or vice versa). Kind of like many baseball teams do. What I don’t like are the jerseys the women wore the other day with the red U and blue Conn. Never liked those despite some great teams wearing them. The current jerseys are much better than those.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
It should really be the players decision…unis arent a huge deal, but can help out with recruiting etc. Oregon and Baylor come to mind when thinking about that.

Reaction Score
I actually like the idea of Connecticut home and UConn road (or vice versa). Kind of like many baseball teams do. What I don’t like are the jerseys the women wore the other day with the red U and blue Conn. Never liked those despite some great teams wearing them. The current jerseys are much better than those.
From a brief search through notable UConn players while watching the game last night, it seems like UConn in home white and Connecticut in road navy was standard from about the 1998-99 season (Rip had a mix of home Connecticut and UConn whites, and obv they wore UConn in '99 title game) through 2008-09. 2009-10 was a mix of UConn and Connecticut on the road (saw Dyson in Connecticut blue at Louisville as late as Feb. 1 and then him in UConn blue on Feb. 10 at Cuse).

Reaction Score
Saw a guy wearing a blue Connecticut jersey with Allen on the back.

Coolest jersey I have ever seen.

Reaction Score
Why is it that even on the throwbacks, the players' last names are still in that same awkward font as on our current jerseys?

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah I like Connecticut on the road and UConn at home but I’d be fine with just Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Black with blue would look sweet. Anyway, it was nice to see a true unique jersey/short template that people know us for out on the court again

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah I like Connecticut on the road and UConn at home but I’d be fine with just Connecticut.
I get the instinct to be like "Alabama", "Michigan" and every other state flagship. But I would suggest that the reason the school is not known as "Connecticut" is that unlike those others, it has the single greatest phonetic nickname in all of college athletics. Those schools only wish they had something like UConn that was so instantly recognizable. UMass, KU, UDub, Cal....none of those are phonetic words that happen to describe a place where the school's mascot would be at home. UConn Huskies is a staggeringly good brand.

CL82

Reaction Score
I get the instinct to be like "Alabama", "Michigan" and every other state flagship. But I would suggest that the reason the school is not known as "Connecticut" is that unlike those others, it has the single greatest phonetic nickname in all of college athletics. Those schools only wish they had something like UConn that was so instantly recognizable. UMass, KU, UDub, Cal....none of those are phonetic words that happen to describe a place where the school's mascot would be at home. UConn Huskies is a staggeringly good brand.
Agree, but putting Connecticut on the Jersey wouldn’t stop anyone from referring to us as UConn. The nickname was well-established before we decided to use it as an official athletic wordmark.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I love the grey uniforms, probably not as a regular but at least 6 times a year

CL82

Reaction Score
Do fans of University of California Los Angeles get this bent of shape? what about Pennsylvania State University?
Bent out of shape? Lol, it’s just a preference.

But really University of California – Los Angeles? I think we can aspire to do better than to compare ourselves to some regional campus. What’s next? University of Massachusetts - Lowell?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom