UNH Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UNH Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I'm glad they got that out of their system before playing Kansas and UNC. 4-28 from three. Besides Spencer, who was 3-7, the rest of the team was 1-21. That's pretty hard to do.

Good to see Clingan heavily involved. Doubt he'll have another 6-8 and 215 pound player guarding him again this season. 5-7 from the line and both misses were on the same trip. He's been much better from the line since the first 3 games. That's good news.

That was easily Karaban's worst game as a Husky. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't remember a game he played worse.

Hurley has lots of ammunition to kill them this week. I expect them to come out like gangbusters on Friday.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
W/minutes. Clingan - 29 pts in 21 min.

IMG_3692.png

Reaction Score
All Donovan tonight. No one on NH was able to get from positioning himself deep in the paint.

As the announcer said as soon as Donovan scored under the basket on our first possession “he had the bucket as soon as he had the ball “

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I am crazy or is clingan favoring his foot?
No matter how some one answers that question the fall out won’t be good. Every one needs to draw their own conclusion. He did have a career night and dunked a whole bunch. Made his free throws and that is a good sign.

Reaction Score
Do you know what ref. Because they were horrible and the T on Moore was a bs call and then rationalize it by saying he was on the court. Are you kidding me watch the Assistant Coaches on some of the other teams.
Looked like Moore stared the ref down for a couple of minutes with a look of WTF

Reaction Score
My one actual worry from this game, Solo is shooting 21% from three this season yet 6 out of his 8 shots were from 3 today.

Praying someone tells him if he’s going to fail, fail on layups at the rim. Wasting developmental cupcake games settling for 3s he is not making when he’s a 95 percentile athlete in college basketball is frustrating.

Please for the love of God focus on becoming a great attacker of the rim with all that talent before anything else. Don’t wait until year 3 to try and figure it out like Andre.
Hurley was hyping up Solo's shooting pre-season. I'm fine with him working on his shot against NH - but man oh man, he has not looked good lately. We need Castle back soon.

Reaction Score
Ugly 20 pt win - if that makes sense.
Give DH credit for these games though. He rarely doesn’t have the team prepared, That’s why we just took a substantial NCAA record tonight.

xclamations

Portal Kombat III
Reaction Score
These refs really try to control the game...

UNH will probably make the tourney;
That Baker guy gonna have any eligibility after this season?

Newton almost got another triple double tee hee

Steve Lappas sounded so critical & negative i know you heard it

Clingan career high pts in 21 mins easy work. Need it friday too.

Record breakers

Karaban off night

Cam the godsend

Samson best backup center in America i heard

4 of 28 from three?

Phoggy pastures

Go Huskies!!!!!(!)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hurley was hyping up Solo's shooting pre-season. I'm fine with him working on his shot against NH - but man oh man, he has not looked good lately. We need Castle back soon.
I honestly don’t care. The kid is struggling. He’s clearly not a natural shooter. What he is a natural at is athlete. He has an advantage as a slasher. Shooting the ball does not take advantage of his God given ability. I’d rather him work on attacking which has way less variance than 3 point shooting and setting that foundation for him.

Reaction Score
True but dreadful 3pt shooting not about this game but the next couple games and beyond. Spencer is fine but mildly concerned about the rest of team (Karaban/Newton/Ball)...hopefully a one off and they all picked the same night to be off.
I’m not remotely concerned about Karaban or Newton. They are who they are, just an off night.

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t care. The kid is struggling. He’s clearly not a natural shooter. What he is a natural at is athlete. He has an advantage as a slasher. Shooting the ball does not take advantage of his God given ability. I’d rather him work on attacking which has way less variance than 3 point shooting and setting that foundation for him.
He's not shooting particularly well at the rim either, so I have no problem with him shooting 3's in a game like this. Now is the time to get those reps

Reaction Score
Solo needs to be an energizer rebounder/defender/slasher off the bench right now, not a 25-30 mpg starter. Obviously this would be the case with Castle, but he doesn’t look up to it just yet. The Ross and Stewart don’t either. I was hoping this would be a coming out party for one of the 3, but it seemed to be a temper expectations big time type of thing.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I'm glad they got that out of their system before playing Kansas and UNC. 4-28 from three. Besides Spencer, who was 3-7, the rest of the team was 1-21. That's pretty hard to do.

Good to see Clingan heavily involved. Doubt he'll have another 6-8 and 215 pound player guarding him again this season. 5-7 from the line and both misses were on the same trip. He's been much better from the line since the first 3 games. That's good news.

That was easily Karaban's worst game as a Husky. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't remember a game he played worse.

Hurley has lots of ammunition to kill them this week. I expect them to come out like gangbusters on Friday.
Yes agreed. I was thinking the same thing about AK. His worst game as a Husky. I had made a comment about his ball rotation on his shot a few games ago. I heard Lapas make the same comment during the game. What was that rocket pass to Clingan or should I say attempted pass. He played decent defense in the second half but that’s about the only positive thing I saw from him tonight. Oh well can’t be great every game. Not worried about him.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He's not shooting particularly well at the rim either, so I have no problem with him shooting 3's in a game like this. Now is the time to get those reps
He’s hardly shooting at the rim and that’s much easier to get down.

We literally watched Andre spend 3 years working on his 3 point shot and ignoring attacking the rim until it was too late. It’ll really piss me off if Solo makes the same mistake of wasting time trying to prove he can shoot rather than making sure he can use his clear advantage.

Reaction Score
These refs really try to control the game...

UNH will probably make the tourney;
That Baker guy gonna have any eligibility after this season?

Newton almost got another triple double tee hee

Steve Lappas sounded so critical & negative i know you heard it

Clingan career high pts in 21 mins easy work. Need it friday too.

Record breakers

Karaban off night

Cam the godsend

Samson best backup center in America i heard

4 of 28 from three?

Phoggy pastures

Go Huskies!!!!!(!)
I didn't hear the negative comments from Lappas as you did. I thought he was fair. He didn't understand the BS technical on Moore either. Tough second half to watch with all the whistles after only 3 or so in first half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom