UNC @ Stanford | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UNC @ Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Game on line right now. UNC panics the possession. Game over. Face guard dDeshields- quick shot, foul, Stanford to the line. Should be over.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Stanford playing smart down the stretch. Not great shots by UNC. Missed front end of 1-and-1.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
UNC with no idea what to do there. Should have fouled much earlier.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Love the fact that DeShields can not even dribble up court now. Kid will grow through a humble or two.

Reaction Score

I dunno, after a couple of passes , Stan was still deep in the backcourt, think it was trying to get a 10 sec call.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Whew.GIF

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Much respect to Chiney. Does she have another sister? She represents so well.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Mavunga was just flat out lazy on a couple of those defensive possessions!
And stupid fouling Ruef on the three, but she can easily become the best power forward in the country before she graduates. We recruited her hard and wanted her badly. She has real natural talent- and a lot to learn like any freshman.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
UConn v. Stanford. Really?? What a surprise! :)
I thought UNC was coming out of this bracket. Not sure DD was 100% after turning that ankle twice the other night. I'm glad we're meeting Stanford. For some reason they don't scare me as much as UNC.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Love the fact that DeShields can not even dribble up court now. Kid will grow through a humble or two.
I think she is less than 100% after having 1 days rest after 2 bad turning of that ankle- and tweaked the knee on the 2nd one. She will be battling Stewie for player of the year the next two years. She doesn't have Maya's personality, but she has her athleticism and raw talent.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
If they called Chineys block correctly, the game chgs monumentally. mcDaniels should have been shooting two late for the lead late- score was tight and game in doubt. She didn't get there in time - McDaniel had left her feet already, and Chiney's foot was in the box. Turrrrrible call.

Reaction Score
When they're on their game, they're hard to beat.

Pure talent wise, UNC may have more than UConn. You have to be impressed that they are as composed as they are being all freshman. Imagine how talented they can be if Wilson decides to join them!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Pure talent wise, UNC may have more than UConn. You have to be impressed that they are as composed as they are being all freshman. Imagine how talented they can be if Wilson decides to join them!
They will be a force for the next 2 -3 yrs without her- and if they get her- match up problems everywhere!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well - interesting game - do we think UNC can continue hitting 54% from three point land? 7-13 is pretty good for a team that shot 32% coming into the game.
And to answer my own question ... no they couldn't. The made 2 of 9 in the second half - and finished at 40% still well above their season average but not quite good enough. To win the NC with against 4 teams playing good basketball you have to be able to run sound half court offense and play disciplined defense or get very very lucky. A athletic star can only carry you so far. DD tonight 5-15 for 13 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 3 TOs, and 3 fouls. And Stanford ended up shooting 50% and 45% on threes.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I don't think DD was near 100% tonight after the two bad falls the other night with her ankle. Despite everything u thought in your post which was true, they had every opportunity to beat Stanford at their home. Next yr N Car will blow them off their own court. With a little maturity and a bit of discipline. Their horrific fresh mistakes cost them- and another classic glaring wrong block chg call at critical pt late didn't help. They are going to be a real threat for the next 3 yrs.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't think DD was near 100% tonight after the two bad falls the other night with her ankle. Despite everything u thought in your post which was true, they had every opportunity to beat Stanford at their home. Next yr N Car will blow them off their own court. With a little maturity and a bit of discipline. Their horrific fresh mistakes cost them- and another classic glaring wrong block chg call at critical pt late didn't help. They are going to be a real threat for the next 3 yrs.
I agree with everything but the discipline which I just don't think they get from Hatchell. I amy be wrong, but ... There was that call and the clean block by a Stanford player called by an official who had ABSOLUTELY no view of the play as it was from behind and he was directly in front of the UNC player so he couldn't even see the defender, and a number of other mistakes on both sides. I actually thought it was a pretty well officiated game - again by two teams that played it straight - no flailing arms and not a lot of those leaping into defenders plays.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She doesn't have Maya's personality, but she has her athleticism and raw talent.
We'll see if she has Moore's work ethic. If she does she could go a long ways.

Reaction Score
That was a great game. Stanford pulled it together in the end. They looked terrible at the start. But to finish 44-29 in that 2nd half...pretty nice. It should be another battle against this team, again in the Final Four. We better bring our "A" game and just do not let up.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
We'll see if she has Moore's work ethic. If she does she could go a long ways.
Meyers7- that is the real question---- we know she has the raw talent- I think if she were really 100% they would have beaten Stanford.
DD AAU coach when asked if she was another Maya, said in essence she had the similar skill set and atheticism, but that she wasn't another Maya Moore, because of the person she was, they are a little rare. It was a special with Pat Summerall about prolific younger HS athelete's from all sports that used to air on late Sunday mornings. It is so telling when someone hesitates and chooses their words carefully. More is spoken by what they don't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom