UNC Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UNC Post Game Thread

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Loved Solo’s game tonight. His first 2 shots were attacking the rim and that led to him having a lot more confidence shooting those 3s after starting out that way. He looked like a much more confident player out there who was looking to attack and be a threat.

Hope he keeps that kind of play up.

Cam is probably one of the best shooters I’ve seen wear a UConn uniform.

Reaction Score
-Clingan looks so clumsy this year. I really think the foot is taking a lot out of him rn , Beast on D tho still.
I agree. A few times, late in the game, he was on the floor from what appeared to be incidental contact.

Reaction Score
Good to see AK get his mojo bacl that second half. He'll be dangerous.

Clingan looking young out there vs the vets at times. Still a defensive beast, but needs to play with more IQ on when to swat or stay straight up.

DC also looks much better when he doesn't post up. His % when he dribble 3+ times is abysmal. I want him rim running and putting that passing IQ to work.

Solo is going to be dangerous, dangerous next season. He'll be an Andre level defender before too long. Next step is violentally finishing at the rim like he did at Brewster.

Castle is so under control and comfortable attacking. Great rebounder and makes the right read almost always. He's going to be special, and very soon.
DC looks like a newborn colt out there sometimes. Really needs to be able to finish in traffic, preferably with a 2-handed dunk.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it’s been said yet, but started another non-conference win streak of 10+. Against a top 10 team also. Saturday should be #2 and on to Seattle.

Reaction Score
How does one get some sleep after a game like this? I may have to watch a tape of the Giants/Pats game.
I am a die hard Giants fan, but that gave me a good laugh. Giants-Pats game is the Toilet Bowl

Reaction Score
DC looks like a newborn colt out there sometimes. Really needs to be able to finish in traffic, preferably with a 2-handed dunk.
My entire section threw their hands up in disgust when he attempted to one hand that alley oop instead of going up with both hands lol

Reaction Score
Great game. I didn't really feel any doubt even when they came back to cut it to 5 with 12 minutes to go. Nice to see Ball not score from 3 but also drive a couple times. I hope we keep seeing this forward. He is going to be a special one. Good to see Karban rebound from 3 sub par performances. Cam was the best player and Newton was his steady self. We have a great backcourt. Good to see Castle back out there and contribute. He is going to be great once he gets back up to game speed. Clingan just looks slower. I guess that foot is still causing him issues. He doesn't look like a first rounder right now. Also, shoutouts to Diarra and Johnson for contributing.

Reaction Score
Really strong team. FTs are one of the keys to going deep in March. First, they need to get more calls. Second they need to make more of the chances they do get. Hurley has to work on repairing the relationships with the refs. That won't be easy. I am guessing there were some ugly conversations behind closed doors last summer regarding our treatment by the BE refs last year

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Our guards are tremendous rebounders. Newton we knew. But Spencer really seems to relish mixing it up. Ball too. Castle too.

Hurley has a type.
Said it last year and will say it again - for me, perhaps the most impressive part of DH's last couple years has been his ability to find the right parts in the portal to fit what he's looking for. Seems he just doesn't miss. Newton, Cam, Joey C, Hass, even Alleyne. Can't think of another top coach who's found hidden gems in the portal as well as DH.

Reaction Score
Loved Solo’s game tonight. His first 2 shots were attacking the rim and that led to him having a lot more confidence shooting those 3s after starting out that way. He looked like a much more confident player out there who was looking to attack and be a threat.

Hope he keeps that kind of play up.

Cam is probably one of the best shooters I’ve seen wear a UConn uniform.
Yeah it surprised me he was only 3-9 on 3 pt shots. I thought he did better.

Reaction Score
Powder blue was our opponent tonight. They are not as good as they are ranked. We have bigger aspirations than beating these guys.

Reaction Score
Solos best games were ranked Texas & UNC…. Sophomore Solo will be a DOG
I think 2nd half of the season he will be a DOG. He is already showing signs. Just needs to get confidence. Like I said in the another post it is nice to see him drive and not just settle for 3s to start the game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yeah…I think our opponents fans are gonna have a rough year with that. Here’s an example from one of the Carolina boards.

View attachment 93715
This might be the ultimate UNC compliment:

1701842970670.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc