UMass manhandled us. | The Boneyard

UMass manhandled us.

Reaction Score
Maybe if we take a couple of years off we'll be big and strong enough to compete with them.

They owned the line of scrimmage. They pushed our defense right down the field. They beat the tar out of our QB. In the 4th quarter they were ready to play and we were looking for spot to take a nap. I don't know if they had better football players. But they kicked our butts where it counted.

It's going to take a while to repair the damage that Edsall did.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Merriweather looked like Derrick Henry against the olé D of ours.

Reaction Score
Our guys did not have the strength of UMass In any area. Anyone know yards after hit for this game?

Reaction Score
Maybe if we take a couple of years off we'll be big and strong enough to compete with them.

They owned the line of scrimmage. They pushed our defense right down the field. They beat the tar out of our QB. In the 4th quarter they were ready to play and we were looking for spot to take a nap. I don't know if they had better football players. But they kicked our butts where it counted.

It's going to take a while to repair the damage that Edsall did.

Edsall and Dave told us we’d see a difference in the boys after the year off. They’d look like a real division 1 caliber team. Umass must have better strength and conditioning than us.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Unfortunately (or maybe, fortunately!), I didn't get to see the game but my sense here is that UMass is not physically stronger or superior, but what the Huskies lacked out there was focus and determination. From the final stats and what I've read, they simply weren't locked in and apparently the Minutemen were and that was the difference.

Reaction Score
Edsall and Dave told us we’d see a difference in the boys after the year off. They’d look like a real division 1 caliber team. Umass must have better strength and conditioning than us.

Plus...legal chronic...

Reaction Score
There is simply no talent here. Today's game proved it. Need a coach who can recruit as the top prerequisite.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Actually you are wrong. What you saw was a defense gassed in the 4th quarter because our inept playcalling and QBs play gave the ball back to UMass quickly all game. Even out TD drive was 3 plays.

Reaction Score
Right, play hurry up so the defense can get right back on he field.

Reaction Score
Every UConn player should be forced to watch this video... and then enter the transfer portal.

This was a whoopin.

[twitter]

Reaction Score
Right, play hurry up so the defense can get right back on he field.
Going 3 and out or throwing a pick gets the other team's offense back on the field. It has nothing to do with going uptempo. You only go uptempo when you start moving the ball down the field. It allows you to take advantage of a defense that can't substitute the right players for the next play the offense is going to run. Our defense was gassed because our offense couldn't move the ball in the second half.

Reaction Score
Like Army, this game had disaster written all over it from the minute the covid tests came back. There were 2 possible reactions. Rally round the flag, or woe is me. Given everything, woe was entirely predictable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom