UCONN's bad juju | The Boneyard

UCONN's bad juju

Reaction Score
It does look like she’s not playing in the Nike Summit games though because she’s not dressed for the scrimmage. Hopefully something minor though.

Reaction Score
Really? After the last 3 years?
Yes. Why continue to think the worst? There's absolutely nothing anyone can do and there's no indication there's anything to worry about at this point.

Take this season for example. There were numerous threads where fans worried about how the team would fare because they didn't have their full roster. Some had little faith they would get past the Sweet 16. They ended up in the Final Four beating and almost made the final. So in the end, was the stress necessary?

Reaction Score
It does look like she’s not playing in the Nike Summit games though because she’s not dressed for the scrimmage. Hopefully something minor though.
Agreed. Juju didn't play last year after tweaking something at the GEICO Nationals. Things worked out fine for USC.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes. Why continue to think the worst? There's absolutely nothing anyone can do and there's no indication there's anything to worry about at this point.

Take this season for example. There were numerous threads where fans worried about how the team would fare because they didn't have their full roster. Some had little faith they would get past the Sweet 16. They ended up in the Final Four beating and almost made the final. So in the end, was the stress necessary?
Not talking about the stress, talking about the jinx.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Juju didn't play last year after tweaking something at the GEICO Nationals. Things worked out fine for USC.
Exactly. This happened over a week ago and she was examined by a trainer on sight. I would imagine if it was serious enough to need surgery they’d know by now and she wouldn’t have traveled to the Global Summit.

Reaction Score
OFF Topic ... but kinda pertinent. Way back in 1973, Tony Dorsett was a graduating Senior at Aliquippa High School, outside of Pittsburg. For those who might not remember, Tony Dorsett was an All American running back at the University of Pittsburg when Johnny Majors was Head Coach.
For something to do in his Senior Year, Spring semester, Tony Dorsett ran track. He was by far the fastest 100 yard runner in the area. I know, I ran against him a few times...as I say, we were tied when the starter said "Take Your Marks". The weather was always cold during the early meets in the spring outside of Pittsburg. In one meet Tony "tweaked" a hamstring muscle a little. Nothing "serious". Johnny Majors got the word somehow. Soon after, Tony got a "checking-in" call from Coach Majors. At the end of the call, Coach Majors said words to the effect of... "Tony... Your Track Season is Over." Tony stopped running track, and prepared for his first season at Pitt. For those who might remember, Tony Dorsett was a stand out College Running back and had a pretty good Pro Career with the Dallas Cowboys.

STAY SAFE SARAH STRONG...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's only a jinx if you want it to be one. Did the team look at it that way?
I don't believe in jinxes (really). But some (quite a few) people on these boards think it's "bad luck". And if you don't believe in "bad luck" or "jinxes", then it's gotta be something else. But people here don't really want to talk about that.

And I wasn't talking about the team, it's about this fandom.

Reaction Score
I don't believe in jinxes (really). But some (quite a few) people on these boards think it's "bad luck". And if you don't believe in "bad luck" or "jinxes", then it's gotta be something else. But people here don't really want to talk about that.

And I wasn't talking about the team, it's about this fandom.
It's the mentality towards a blip of a video clip and projecting something that may or may not happen. Continuing to focus on the negative will lead one to only see the negative no matter what the reality is in front of them.

That's why I use the team as an example. If they continued to think the same way some of these fans did, they could have thrown in the towel before the season even started.

Reaction Score
Sarah Strong tweaks knee but returns. May be something to watch.

Snl No GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score
Why isisnt Huskynan telling this joker not to post clickbait things like this??? But then I post something that's actually factual and cohesive to the conversation, here comes huskynan.. Im just saying, be fair both ways.. wth

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom