UConn's Aaliyah Edwards has been named one of 10 semifinalists for the 2023 Naismith Player of the Year. | The Boneyard

UConn's Aaliyah Edwards has been named one of 10 semifinalists for the 2023 Naismith Player of the Year.

Reaction Score
A little light on guards, this list. I guess it's not that sort of team.

Reaction Score
I think you have to go with the best player on the best team. Boston is only averaging 25 minutes per game and averaging a double double.

Reaction Score
But only 3rd in the Boneyard mvp voting.
This year, with all the injuries, and our best player out for the year, the player who stood out changed all the time, sometimes in the middle of the game. Everyone relies on each other, which was very different from last year; Paige has a tendency to do her own thing, a lot. I don't believe Aaliyah does all she has done without Dorka on the floor, Lou without Nika helping her. Lots of partnerships on the floor.

Reaction Score
This year, with all the injuries, and our best player out for the year, the player who stood out changed all the time, sometimes in the middle of the game. Everyone relies on each other, which was very different from last year; Paige has a tendency to do her own thing, a lot. I don't believe Aaliyah does all she has done without Dorka on the floor, Lou without Nika helping her. Lots of partnerships on the floor.
Agree with some of your post, but to me the MVP of any team is the best all-around player. Aaliyah was that player.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Surprised no one has mentioned Diamond Miller. Maryland has greatly overachieved this year and Miller has been the biggest reason why. She has stats, eye test and team success all going for her. She should be on this list too (along with Olivia Miles). I'd definitely drop Joens, though figuring else who to chop out of the top 11 is a tough call IMO.

Reaction Score
I think you have to go with the best player on the best team. Boston is only averaging 25 minutes per game and averaging a double double.
Is that written somewhere?

Reaction Score
Surprised no one has mentioned Diamond Miller. Maryland has greatly overachieved this year and Miller has been the biggest reason why. She has stats, eye test and team success all going for her. She should be on this list too (along with Olivia Miles). I'd definitely drop Joens, though figuring else who to chop out of the top 11 is a tough call IMO.
I'd add Miller and drop Joens... Olivia has to wait another season. She'll get there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom