UCONNHUSKIES.COM | The Boneyard

UCONNHUSKIES.COM

Reaction Score
I am a man of a "certain age." Although now retired, I am, not to be smug about it, in possession of several advanced academic degrees and spent my long career both practicing and teaching in a highly technical field. While not "dense" on the subject, I readily cop to being considerably less tech-savvy than my grandchildren, at least insofar as computer use and wading through the internet are concerned. But, really, I do pretty well in general without having to consult them very often.

I offer the foregoing disclaimer because, irrespective of the fact that I am an ardent fan of UConn athletics, and of UConn Women's Basketball in particular, and irrespective of the undisputed national preeminence of the latter, I find its flagship website to be essentially unusable. It seems more designed to intentionally frustrate than to help. I therefore turn to my friends on The Boneyard for some assistance, for which I will be truly grateful in return. On the surface, I don't think what I seek is too arcane or abstruse...I simply would like to navigate to a page, if such a thing exists, that exhibits the 2017-2018 Women's Basketball schedule so that it can be observed at a glance, which, as far as I can tell, would involve some mechanism to clear the screen of advertisements for Husky gear and other items, a mechanism which, if it exists, manages, alas, to elude me. Would any of my friends here be so kind as to offer any tips?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Got to agree, I'm not a big fan of the website, either. The huge pictures that cover most of the page make it somewhat annoying but our generation isn't what the web designers had in mind when the site was created. All the graphics make the site s-l-o-w to load on some computers, too. Fortunately, links to what I want to see remain on the bar at the top of the screen so I don't have to scroll down. I just go in, click on Schedule or Roster or whatever and get out.

upload_2017-10-31_6-36-58.png

Reaction Score
Try this link it should come up as a PDF free of Ads except the UCONN logo at the top which I hope is acceptable.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/conn/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/2017-18/schedule/schedule.pdf
Wow! This is terrific!! Many thanks indeed!!!
This is all I wanted. I genuinely hate the aforementioned website and now have the luxury of avoiding it completely...the only problem being that sometime around next Halloween I'm going to have to ask you to perform that trick again unless I figure it out independently. Anyway, very much appreciated!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I find its (UCONN's) flagship website to be essentially unusable. It seems more designed to intentionally frustrate than to help.

I, too, dislike it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
For all in the future:

1) Go to page

2) Put your cursor on "Sports". A list of all UConn sports should then be revealed, both men and women's.

3) Move your cursor, which is a small movement, over and down to the Women's Sports side, then to "Basketball" under which you'll see "News/Roster/Schedule". Click on choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom