UConn Xavier post game discussion | The Boneyard

UConn Xavier post game discussion

Reaction Score
Cam is a special player. He's our best offensive player and makes all sorts of plays on defense despite having trouble keeping perimeter players in front of him. He was even stuck playing center at one point and got two deflections while denying Xavier a layup down low, he also saved the game with the strip. Diarra changed the entire game when he came in and he's been really good all season. Jaylin also made plays during the run and is firmly in the rotation. Castle was really good and I still expect more. Samson was a no show.

Ugly last three minutes. They need to learn from that. Newton wasn't playing like a 5th year great player during that stretch.

This team is cocky which I love but they need to watch it a little.

Great win.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think Cam is our best player right now. He’s obviously not the fastest kid but he plays fast because he’s so sure of what he’s doing out there. He’s also a Hurley level psychopath.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It was funny tonight. When AK went out I said oh no. But we grew our lead. Their comeback started just as AK was coming in. I was saying ok I feel better know in protecting the lead. Then it went the other way. So I am going to chalk it up to funky emotional roller coaster with the AK injury. The players probably exhaled as much as the fans did and we started playing sloppy.

I said it in another thread Cam does more for us than Jordan did. Not saying that translates to the next level but Cam is a great college basketball player.

Diarra was very good tonight better than Ball or Castle.

I think we shot better from the two and three than we did at the free throw line. We could have lost tonight but I think this team has an it factor where they will pull out a lot of close games.

If we get Clingan back healthy we are the best team in the country.

Reaction Score
Attack their press when you have the chance to get an easy bucket. IMO

Reaction Score
Up 14 with less than 4 minutes in the game and we started playing too passive and forced to take terrible shots as the clock reached 0. Poor foul shooting. Otherwise I was happy.
Perfect teachable moment. They’ll review the tape and learn the adjustments to make next time they see pressure.

Reaction Score
I think Cam is our best player right now. He’s obviously not the fastest kid but he plays fast because he’s so sure of what he’s doing out there. He’s also a Hurley level psychopath.
Certainly our best offensive player right now. But we have different best players pretty much every night. Steph’s all around offensive game and specifically defense was tremendous last night.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Incredible mid-range shots which opponents always give him, and he makes them pay again and again.
Love it. More players should practice this which seems to now be a lost art. It was the last piece of the puzzle for Kemba and he had it in his last year.

Reaction Score
Incredible mid-range shots which opponents always give him, and he makes them pay again and again.
Love it. More players should practice this which seems to now be a lost art. It was the last piece of the puzzle for Kemba and he had it in his last year.
They aren't exactly giving them to him, he's creating those looks.

Reaction Score
He gets them when SJ or dc are in the paint bc he has an option to pin with the same movement. It’s terrifying. Aj and thabeet had this as a normal play/option.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Thanks for the clarification on the above two posts. So it justs looks like they are giving it to him when in reality they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Well, two things there. He almost always makes the shot with all net. All guards should develop that weapon by practicing it like Kemba and Cam. Talent can take you a long way but hard work has no substitute. With Diarra on the rise we are accumulating a bunch of nasty guards. That small ball option is another offensive weapon. Love this version of Uconn from coaching to blend of players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom