UConn WBB Europe Tour (merged) | The Boneyard

UConn WBB Europe Tour (merged)

Reaction Score
I plan on going and following the team….does anyone know if Paige will be available???

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Bologna, for the great food!
A company that I worked for subbed out some work to an Italian company in Bologna. I've spent a lot of time there. My favorite restaurant was a Trattoria owned by two sisters from New Jersey.

Not only great food, but close enough to Maranello,for a day trip to the Ferrari factory.

Reaction Score
In Bologna they'll have a Nonna teaching them the art of Bolognese and fresh tagliatelle.
One of the best Bolognese dishes I ever had was made with rabbit at this little hold-in-the-wall in Chicago. I wish I could remember the name of the place.

Reaction Score
I plan on going and following the team….does anyone know if Paige will be available???
Does the team publish an itinerary or offer a travel opportunity for fans? Are you just making arrangements on your own?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wonder how much interest there would be from UConn fans if a travel agency put together a European trip that included limited seating on the same chartered plane, stay at the same hotels, and of course game tickets? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Does the team publish an itinerary or offer a travel opportunity for fans? Are you just making arrangements on your own?
I have connection to Geno and also coached top division men’s team in Italy many moons ago….so I know my way around specially the places where the team is playing….so I will go on my own

Reaction Score
August 1st will have made a year since she sustained the injury, which is more than the said recovery time. I predict she’ll play, but I wouldn’t suspect her to do so a lot.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much interest there would be from UConn fans if a travel agency put together a European trip that included limited seating on the same chartered plane, stay at the same hotels, and of course game tickets? :rolleyes:
I expect there will be a few "friends of the program" who will accompany the team.

You don't have enough money.

Reaction Score
They said in March she is on track to to be cleared for full contact in May or June so hopefully by August she should be able to play. I'm sure they'll be some sort of social post made when she is cleared 100% even during the offseason.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Memory, maybe a false memory??, tells me there was something like that in the Italy trip.

Reaction Score
My wife and I are taking a tip to the Adriatic coast in September. We booked it before we knew of the trip. We'll be one month too late! Our itinerary includes Zagreb and Ljublijana. Aurgh!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I expect there will be a few "friends of the program" who will accompany the team.

You don't have enough money.
I don't? Are you familiar with my financial portfolio? Can you prove that assumption? Ed, you don't know me. You have never met me. You don't know if I can afford a trip of this nature or not. Whether I have enough money or not is not the point here. I would be just as erroneously presumptive if I suggested the same thing about you. You have no idea what I can and cannot afford.

I was not suggesting this for me (I have no interest in going), but for the many UConn fans that can afford a European trip like this several times over.......of which there are many. A trip of this nature can be put together by a travel agency that travels commercially.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
. . . You don't know if I can afford a trip of this nature or not. . . .
I wasn't suggesting you couldn't afford a trip to Europe. I suspect more than half the
people who post here could afford such a trip.

But do you have enough money to be a "friend of the program". It may not have to be in Werth
family amounts, but I think it would need to be many times a trip to Europe amounts.
Can you afford to be, and would you be willing to be that generous to the program?

I expect there will be a few "civilians" accompanying the team, but you and I will not
be among them.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom