UConn vs SMU Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

UConn vs SMU Post Game Thread

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The turnaround in my mind started with Phessa getting a few shots using her drop step realizing she cant jump over a 6' 6" player and then Z came in and neutralized the size. Also going to zone helped by allowing them to play angles which they do really well.

Reaction Score
On a different note, why do they broadcast the same insipid, moronic, dumb, stupid halftime show? I am so sick and tired of the same garbage. I didn't watch it the first time, and I haven't watched it the last five times.
There is virtually no half time show. It's just commercials with a score announcement every few minutes.

Reaction Score
I still think we need to get Dangerfield's shooting back on track or we're potentially easy to defend.

- Box and 1 (or diamond and 1) with your best defender denying Lou open looks from outside
- Pack the paint with everyone else
- Force Dangerfield to shoot from the outside and cut off driving lanes
- Challenge Nurse to contribute on offense (she hasn't done much against the best teams)
- Sag on Collier, Williams, and Stevens and force them to either shoot from the foul line or drive into taller/bulkier defenders (Collier and Williams are physical, but undersized; Stevens can't handle physical defenders)

When Dangerfield is a threat from the outside, the rest of it unravels and we're virtually unstoppable.

Reaction Score
Why is there such a gap between the end of the season and the NCAA tourney? Oh right, the women have to defer to men.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
On a different note, why do they broadcast the same insipid, moronic, dumb, stupid halftime show? I am so sick and tired of the same garbage. I didn't watch it the first time, and I haven't watched it the last five times.
I have complained about that on the BY and at home. I have complained until I am blue in the face. My wife thinks she married a Pict. It is so annoying. I cannot get SNY, so I am condemned to suffer. At least the remaining games will likely be on another feed! BTW, I loved the "insipid,moronic,dumb,stupid" more than you can know.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Based on recent revelations, you would think ESPN would bury that coaches interview. 3 of those coaches are in some serious trouble.

Reaction Score
I have complained about that on the BY and at home. I have complained until I am blue in the face. My wife thinks she married a Pict. It is so annoying. I cannot get SNY, so I am condemned to suffer. At least the remaining games will likely be on another feed! BTW, I loved the "insipid,moronic,dumb,stupid" more than you can know.
The rest of UConn's games this season are on ESPN, so that's good for you.

Reaction Score
I still think we need to get Dangerfield's shooting back on track or we're potentially easy to defend.

- Box and 1 (or diamond and 1) with your best defender denying Lou open looks from outside
- Challenge Nurse to contribute on offense (she hasn't done much against the best teams)
- Sag on Collier, Williams, and Stevens and force them to either shoot from the foul line or drive into taller/bulkier defenders (Collier and Williams are physical, but undersized; Stevens can't handle physical defenders)

When Dangerfield is a threat from the outside, the rest of it unravels and we're virtually unstoppable.

Great post, and maybe CD hitting 3s locks in another NC. But your summasry of UConn's O is too simplistic.

1 Its hard to cover KLS, Geno runs too many schemes to set her free.
2 Naphesa can and will score from anywhere 12 feet out.
3 Gabby can beat anyone to the hoop so they need a double team to stop her
4 Kia just hangs out and buries 3s. Its hard for an opposing coach to tell his player to shadow her and NEVER leave her
5 Stevens is a match up nightmare for certain teams.

Your strategy is sound, and if a skilled opponent plays well off of CD and gives her wide open 3s, and she is missing, I still like UConn's chances. If she hits the odd three then we win by 20+. I have not seen UConn's offense as a function of CD penetrating and dishing to an open man for 3s.

Now if KLS is missing her shots, and no one steps up then its a different story, but remember UConn's transition game is the best.

Reaction Score

I think your perspective is interesting but you realize that we have four players still on the list for NPOY? None that is Crystal Dangerfield. So while I think she is valuable, to say UConn is easily guardable without her is a huge stretch. Actually look at all the players we have averaging double figures, find another team with 5-6 players doing that... You would have more of a case saying that about Lou being out but even then UConn would not be easy to guard.

Reaction Score
So I get a stay , but not a pardon. Next season hangs over me like the sword of Damocles. But you did brighten my day. Thanks.

Sword of Damocles and a Picts reference in one evening, I am impressed Bama fan!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Sword of Damocles and a Picts reference in one evening, I am impressed Bama fan!
Those UConn girls excellence made me realize that I had to step my game up. Thanks for the plug. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
They've been playing that thing so long that Mike Krzyzewski has turned 71 now, so his statement on the segment that he's 70 is no longer correct.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom