UConn vs. Providence Pregame Pressers 1/9/24 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Providence Pregame Pressers 1/9/24

Reaction Score
Despite the injury issues being worse this year than last year (if you can believe it) Geno seems to be having so much more fun and much more relaxed. Happy spirits are up despite the circumstances!

Reaction Score
Despite the injury issues being worse this year than last year (if you can believe it) Geno seems to be having so much more fun and much more relaxed. Happy spirits are up despite the circumstances!
I think somehow this whole injury situation combined with the specific make-up of this roster, has created a sort of “young Geno“ effect where he is (by necessity) thrown back to earlier times where he was actively scheming and experimenting with the personnel in order to get the best out of them. For so long now, he has mostly had teams that were so talented and dominant that he didn’t really have to do all the mixing and matching and the little strategic moves in order to literally build the team into a well oiled machine. Obviously, there was still some of that but not imo, like it has been this season. He just seems much more involved and happy! My guess is that these kids and this situation are like a fountain of youth and it is really wonderful to see him so upbeat and so clearly, happy!
Long may he run!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
How could you find a more articulate, charismatic, friendly, wonderful young woman to represent your program than Aaliyah Edwards? And, and…she‘s performs at that same level on the court! She’s about as good as it gets!
+1

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

Some interesting comments re the freshmen:

"It just took some time to get those three to be themselves, though. KK Arnold was thinking too much. Ashlynn Shade was too cautious. Qadence Samuels couldn’t hit a shot for awhile. So despite the huge burden that those three suddenly had to take on because of the injuries, Auriemma did his best to keep the pressure off them.
“When you say to KK: ‘You have no choice but to be like this and don't worry about anything. Just play,’” Auriemma said.
“Ash is the most cautious individual I've ever met in my life,” he continued. “She cares too much about what I think. She's a real pleaser… ‘So just stop worrying about what I think or what I'm going to say or what I'm going to do. Okay? When you do something dumb don't even look over me. You know I'm already losing my mind. So stop it. Just make the next play.’”
:D

Reaction Score

Some interesting comments re the freshmen:

"It just took some time to get those three to be themselves, though. KK Arnold was thinking too much. Ashlynn Shade was too cautious. Qadence Samuels couldn’t hit a shot for awhile. So despite the huge burden that those three suddenly had to take on because of the injuries, Auriemma did his best to keep the pressure off them.
“When you say to KK: ‘You have no choice but to be like this and don't worry about anything. Just play,’” Auriemma said.
“Ash is the most cautious individual I've ever met in my life,” he continued. “She cares too much about what I think. She's a real pleaser… ‘So just stop worrying about what I think or what I'm going to say or what I'm going to do. Okay? When you do something dumb don't even look over me. You know I'm already losing my mind. So stop it. Just make the next play.’”
:D
"If he continues this way, he won't be surrounded by women in white basketball uniforms, it'll be men with white straitjacket" - one of my favorite Geno descriptors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom