UConn vs Iowa St. Gamethread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Iowa St. Gamethread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is fool talk. We can still win 7 games (in a transition year) and make a bowl. The plane has not yet crashed into the mountain. Iowa St. will win 7 games themselves from the Big 12 this year.
It isn't foolish. The coaching has been appalling. It may get better, but the staff is clearly way below expectations right now. I want PP to succeed, I like him, but he has failed thus far and he knows it.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
If PP and crew want to build a team that is more comfortable throwing in those situations, then great. Call it in the future. What you have right now is a UConn team built for the last 5 years to run run run. Know your talent and change accordingly.

All this said, I am not letting the players off the hook. Bad snaps, fumbles, bad snaps are all on the players. That cost us, at least, 7-10 points. I love that Teggart hits 2 from 50+, but you've gotta be close to automatic from under 45 to make it big time.

Reaction Score
I don't want to be that guy, but as an ISU fan you should all feel happy that UConn was able to keep it that close. ISU was bigger, stronger, faster and better coached than any team UConn will see in the Big Least. They were able to hang with them (even though ISU tried to give them the game in the first quarter and UConn clearly didn't want it). UConn will be fine in the Big Least this year, the competition is weak and they should thrive.

Reaction Score
If PP and crew want to build a team that is more comfortable throwing in those situations, then great. Call it in the future. What you have right now is a UConn team built for the last 5 years to run run run. Know your talent and change accordingly.

All this said, I am not letting the players off the hook. Bad snaps, fumbles, bad snaps are all on the players. That cost us, at least, 7-10 points. I love that Teggart hits 2 from 50+, but you've gotta be close to automatic from under 45 to make it big time.

The problem is what happened BEFORE Teggart's missed kicks. Sweeps to the right for no gain pinned him on the right hash from distance. That's not a 48 yard FG at that point. It's more like 58 yards. Then Nebrich took a 15 yard sack, again on the right hash.

Reaction Score
I don't want to be that guy, but as an ISU fan you should all feel happy that UConn was able to keep it that close. ISU was bigger, stronger, faster and better coached than any team UConn will see in the Big Least. They were able to hang with them (even though ISU tried to give them the game in the first quarter and UConn clearly didn't want it). UConn will be fine in the Big Least this year, the competition is weak and they should thrive.

all I know about iowa St is that when you guys were beating up on Big12 teams some years back, our team that still had 1-AA players went into Iowa State and totally annihilated you. it was pathetic. Ever since then I've been watching ISU and it's been one cruddy team after another. UConn is on a downswing. But the thought of an ISU fan crowing is silly.

Reaction Score

you don't want to be that guy, but you couldn't help yourself.....now that is funny

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Enjoy the WAC after the B12 breaks up.

Reaction Score
Just keep launching it up and praying for PI

Being as they called our defenders for even looking at your receivers, this should have been your strategy. It was as if the officials were betting on how many penalties they could call on ISU before flagging UConn.

Once this becomes a conference game, I look for more balanced officiating. And probably more UConn wins.

Reaction Score
Being as they called our defenders for even looking at your receivers, this should have been your strategy. It was as if the officials were betting on how many penalties they could call on ISU before flagging UConn.

Once this becomes a conference game, I look for more balanced officiating. And probably more UConn wins.
They were Big 12 officials. If we're going down the 'the refs sucked' route (which I never like to do), I'll counter with the missed celebration penalty that should have been called on the trick play TD. Would've taken the TD off the board and sent ISU back to around the 20-25...but I'm not going there.

Reaction Score
Enjoy the WAC after the B12 breaks up.

Really? Someone is uninformed. Iowa State is bigger than UConn in enrollment, bigger in research dollars (AAU school) and a bigger draw in football. Only talk about conference affiliation if you can show worth beyond the school you are talking about. I mean , UConn went to a BCS bowl last year and only brought 3k fans with them, are you kidding me with that? ISU brings more to a damn prep rally. I guess that is the difference between an old guard school like ISU in comparison to new blood like UConn.

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, they were Big 12 officials.

Indeed they were.

Doesn't explain their utter incompetence.

Ok. Maybe it does. We were getting "call-raped" all night. You can admit that, right? There were just completely made up calls against ISU. Have you EVER seen one ref call a facemask only to be overruled by a dude completely across the stadium?

Come on. Both of our teams caught lucky breaks tonight.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
The problem is what happened BEFORE Teggart's missed kicks. Sweeps to the right for no gain pinned him on the right hash from distance. That's not a 48 yard FG at that point. It's more like 58 yards. Then Nebrich took a 15 yard sack, again on the right hash.

The play calls are on the coaches, but the sack is on either Nebrich or the OL. I'll blame Nebrich on that one. He'll be good, but he isn't yet.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

Haha...what I saw was a UConn defense that was heads and shoulders above the ISU D. The 2 offenses were basically equal, which makes it pathetic that you are crowing about your great offense.

Reaction Score
I thought the game was a great game tonight. No big injuries on either team and I am happy about that. I remember when ISU got smacked by UCONN years ago. I'm an ISU faithful, but I thought both sides have their problems. ISU could have easily and probably should have lost this game. UCONN had their opportunities, but credit the defense of ISU.

You play this game 10 times and UCONN wins 8 of them. Right now, ISU is playing tough but my clones will get beat up in the Big 12 (or what is left of it). The one thing that is truly sad about tonight was the incident that involved the person in our mascot breaking their arm. One or two idiots is by no means representative of the UCONN fan base.

Here is to a great season!

Reaction Score
Really? Someone is uninformed. Iowa State is bigger than UConn in enrollment, bigger in research dollars (AAU school) and a bigger draw in football. Only talk darn about conference affiliation if you can show worth beyond the school you are talking about. I mean darn, UConn went to a BCS bowl last year and only brought 3k fans with them, are you kidding me with that? ISU brings more to a damn prep rally. I guess that is the difference between an old guard school like ISU in comparison to new blood like UConn.

Someone ban Clones21 before he makes us all look like complete idiots.

UConn is a solid school and this guy's "trash talk" is complete and utter .

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Really? Someone is uninformed. Iowa State is bigger than UConn in enrollment, bigger in research dollars (AAU school) and a bigger draw in football. Only talk darn about conference affiliation if you can show worth beyond the school you are talking about. I mean darn, UConn went to a BCS bowl last year and only brought 3k fans with them, are you kidding me with that? ISU brings more to a damn prep rally. I guess that is the difference between an old guard school like ISU in comparison to new blood like UConn.
If you ever sniff a Final four or BCS bowl, never mind both in one year, let me know how you do.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

Must feel nice to finally be able to talk on the winning side. Enjoy it. You're ISU, it won't last long.

Reaction Score
Must feel nice to finally be able to talk on the winning side. Enjoy it. You're ISU, it won't last long.

What do you know about winning games that matter, you follow a school in a conference that shouldn't be AQ.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I didn't type "darn". Apparently your board has creative censorship.

Yes, it does. Catches you off guard at first. Good luck the rest of the way.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
What do you know about winning games that matter, you follow a school in a conference that shouldn't be AQ.

I know that UConn has more Bowl wins in 10 years than ISU does in their history of 100 years playing football.

Reaction Score
I know that UConn has more Bowl wins in 10 years than ISU does in their history of 100 years playing football.

It's tough when you play the Little Sisters of the Poor in conference games. UConn plays in the B12, they will never sniff at a bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom