UConn vs Creighton this Sunday | The Boneyard

UConn vs Creighton this Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched Creighton whip up on St. Johns last night, winning by 20 and making it look easy, even though I don't think they played that sharp either. Zegarowsky hit two beautiful 3's back to back with like 5 minutes left; he's a very good shooter for sure. Their freshman center Kalkbrenner showed come nice finesse in the post. Their team is a nice mix of seniors and underclassmen with a couple of younger European players in there too. Ranked 9th right with a record of either 4-1 or 5-1 this would be a terrific victory.

I think we match up so well, and have a stronger frontcourt. If our guards play tough on defense and score, we can win this. Isaiah Whaley may well be the X factor in this game. Josh Carlton could follow-up with a strong game too and that would be really effective down in the post. A good game for Adama Sanogo to break out his strength down low. We should outrebound this team.

James Bouknight needs to do his thing: our other guards need to be solid with the ball, and maybe RJ Cole will put up some points.

I say we win this in a tight down to the wire game.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Any free replay of last nights game?

Reaction Score
We’ve gotta game BAYBAYYYY! Give em hell Danny & Co.

1608334254593.gif

Reaction Score
There is not a person in the world, right down to Danny Hurley, who has any clue what his team will give him on Sunday. We'll have to see.

I just pray we get to play the game.
Creighton didn't look that sharp last night, but they didn't look that rusty either having played 2 or 3 more games. Hopefully we have tightened things up with another week of practice under our belts, but not playing games will make it tough for us.

Reaction Score
Just get it in, and get better from this game thats the main goal and hopefully win.

Reaction Score
Creighton is a very good offensive team. They’ve scored 90+ points in 4 of the 7 games they’ve played, and also scored 84 vs Marquette. If we can lock down defensively, then we have a chance to win. I just don’t like the fact that we have not played in 17 days so we will most likely be rusty.

Reaction Score
Sorry what? You think I’m being insensitive? I was pointing out to someone saying in essence “let the whole team get COVID” that it’s insensitive because a kid passed out and is in critical condition and he had a bout with COVID earlier in the year
Creighton is a very good offensive team. They’ve scored 90+ points in 4 of the 7 games they’ve played, and also scored 84 vs Marquette. If we can lock down defensively, then we have a chance to win. I just don’t like the fact that we have not played in 17 days so we will most likely be rusty.
Exactly, I have no idea what to expect. I’m tempering expectations. If Danny has stirred up the cauldron Of intensity this week, then I feel pretty good. Even me as a fan, I feel deflated right now, and for the last 9 months I’ve been nothing but extremely excited, but this last pause really deflated me.

Reaction Score
If we can play basketball again I will be able to root for Uconn this year so make it happen.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Just get it in, and get better from this game thats the main goal and hopefully win.
Just getting a game in is a positive this season.

Reaction Score
Are you rooting for something, perchance?

Well lets just say when/if basketball is played I can root for Uconn again. I dont wanna touch the mojo right now, speaking of the game its still a good 24 hours away so well see. For the first game back ill watch as a casual observer then maybe I can ease myself back into it.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
I'm at the point where I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve praying and begging Santa to bring me my chosen present.

Please Santa. Creighton on Sunday. I haven't been n@ughty (OMG, is that word really on the banned list?). Please don't hold Palatine's, Chief's, and SouthWhatever guy's naughtiness against me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom