UConn vs Arizona, ASU, Utah and Colorado | The Boneyard

UConn vs Arizona, ASU, Utah and Colorado

Will We Get More Wins Than...

• None of them. We weren't picked so we must suck.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • We might get lucky and have a better record than one of those premier programs

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Two of the four sounds reasonable

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • We're pretty good this year. We veat three of them

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • UConn is a juggernaut in 2023. 4 for 4

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
So how do you think we'll do this year versus the four to schools chosen to enter the Big 12 ahead of us? I think maybe three but not Utah. Big transition for Colorado with some talent and some holes.

Reaction Score
Most analysts expect Colorado to win like three games max. Arizona and ASU are both not very good. Drew Pyne will be starting for ASU which is of local interest. Utah would murder us

Reaction Score
I do think that you will exceed both Colorado and ASU in the win column. That said it's not an apples-to-apples comparison due to strength of schedule. For comparison purposes CU plays the following ranked opponents:

TCU, USC, Oregon, Oregon State, and Utah. They also play a rivalry game with Colorado State and a non-conference game with Nebraska.

The only ranked opponent on UConn's Schedule is UT. NCSU and Duke could potentially be ranked at some point during the year, but they currently are not. The rest of the schedule is a bad BC Team and a series of G5 Schools.

A better question is how do you feel Colorado would do against UConn's Schedule and vice versa? My guess is that both schools would win about 2-3 games against Colorado's Schedule, but I do believe that UConn would fare better against their current schedule than CU would. There is something to be said about continuity in coaching staffs and returning players. The Buffalos most certainly do not have either in Prime's first year, so they will rely on a few playmakers trying to make splash plays. Head-to-head I would favor UConn by -3.

Reaction Score
You are underestimating Colorado’s win total. They will have a bowl eligible season.

Four wins for Colorado this season. The over/under opened at 4.5 then moved to 3.5.

As an example, Bob Gibson was one of the best pitchers in the history of baseball. He was a lousy pitching coach. Take a look at every sport, how many really great players are on the sidelines or dugouts. Successful coaches are more like Danny Hurley than they are like Deion Sanders.

Hope you are having a wonderful summer Nostical. See you SOON!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You are underestimating Colorado’s win total. They will have a bowl eligible season.
C'mon Nos, you know this will end up like Herm 2.0.

Reaction Score
Most analysts expect Colorado to win like three games max. Arizona and ASU are both not very good. Drew Pyne will be starting for ASU which is of local interest. Utah would murder us
I've seen some videos out of the CU camp. I know they picked up some serious talent but fwiw our practices seem a little more efficient and tbh we seem like a more physically developed group overall. Too many new guys to throw together in a short time for the Buffs. By the time we get out there in November I wonder if the fans will be impressed or the opposite.

We will be gauged largely by our OOC P5 record, but they have to cut us some slack vs Tenn. There is definitely a possibility our ranking ends up in the middle of this group. Just wish there was a way we could get one of these teams in a Bowl Game but that's way off in the distance. A lot of people will notice what happens against NC State.

Reaction Score
Not so sure on that. Usually, the threshold to bowl eligibility is easy to meet with 6 wins. Teams load up on a few low-end G5 Schools and then try to win three or four games in conference. That said IMO there are no gimmes on Colorado's Schedule. Things are compounded by the fact that Deion is coaching what is essentially an expansion team comprised entirely of new players from all over the country.

Non Con:
TCU, Nebraska, and CSU are best case 2-1, but worst case 0-3 My pick would be 1-2

Conference:
After that they have games against ranked opponents in Oregon, USC, Oregon State, and Utah. I'm going with an upset somewhere, so 1-3. Their other games will likely see them as an underdog to UCLA and coin flips against Stanford, Arizona, ASU, and WSU. I'm going 2-3 here.

I'm not a Deion Hater by any means. I think given time he'll have Colorado near the top of The Big 12. It just won't be this year. 4-8.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom