UCONN v. TULANE - GAME THREAD | Page 31 | The Boneyard

UCONN v. TULANE - GAME THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diaco drummed up a ton of intrigue this offseason with his awesome speeches that fired up wannabe fans like myself. But you simply cannot accept the results. The team looks worse every time they take the field. Half the plays the offense devises have no chance of working. How many times do we have to watch every receiver run a 15 yard pattern with a QB that has no feel for the pocket? Its just embarrassing and pathetic and someone needs to take the blame.

Reaction Score
Go to bed. You're embarrassing yourself with yet another epic meltdown.

The funny thing is you fit in with the cry baby know it alls. Why do you even bother? Tonights thread is, by far the biggest joke of a thread this year.

You know what every play should be. You could probably do it better. You and your cronies say the same thing, over and over and over.

It's such a big surprise that this season is taking place....to many on here. The people who blame Diaco...one clown said this staff is worse than PP and GDL...seriously....it's like a board full of newbies and negative Nancy's who get off on such poor play.

Go back and look at the thread for tonight's game. There are 15 people who posted most of it and most of it was play by play how we suck. No sheet Sherlock.

So many people who used to post here, that added value, are gone. Why would anyone new, who wanted to be supportive, join this forum and contribute?

But you go ahead and call me embarrassing. This board is embarrassing...

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is the new reality. The scoreboard is completely meaningless. The only thing that matters is that the players become better people and do things the right way. We only had one penalty, its a win in Diaco's book.

Reaction Score
I just saw the box score. They gave 2 fumbles and an int to Diaco. He was also responsible for all the sacks. Really...check the box score.

Yes, the play on the safety was a horrible call and he has done some head scratching things this year. But he is not the reason that our record is what it is.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
sportsart said:
The funny thing is you fit in with the cry baby know it alls. Why do you even bother? Tonights thread is, by far the biggest joke of a thread this year. You know what every play should be. You could probably do it better. You and your cronies say the same thing, over and over and over. It's such a big surprise that this season is taking place....to many on here. The people who blame Diaco...one clown said this staff is worse than PP and GDL...seriously....it's like a board full of newbies and negative Nancy's who get off on such poor play. Go back and look at the thread for tonight's game. There are 15 people who posted most of it and most of it was play by play how we suck. No sheet Sherlock. So many people who used to post here, that added value, are gone. Why would anyone new, who wanted to be supportive, join this forum and contribute? But you go ahead and call me embarrassing. This board is embarrassing...

Wait, the thread was a play by play of how we sucked? That totally doesn't jive with the actual play on the field. Those idiot posters.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lmao. The team has 1 win on the season and just scored 3 points vs Tulane, but it's fans being critical of the team that are keeping people away.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is you fit in with the cry baby know it alls. Why do you even bother? Tonights thread is, by far the biggest joke of a thread this year.

You know what every play should be. You could probably do it better. You and your cronies say the same thing, over and over and over.

It's such a big surprise that this season is taking place....to many on here. The people who blame Diaco...one clown said this staff is worse than PP and GDL...seriously....it's like a board full of newbies and negative Nancy's who get off on such poor play.

Go back and look at the thread for tonight's game. There are 15 people who posted most of it and most of it was play by play how we suck. No sheet Sherlock.

So many people who used to post here, that added value, are gone. Why would anyone new, who wanted to be supportive, join this forum and contribute?

Maybe they don't post here because they don't have the stomach for this and bailed.

Meanwhile, a bunch of diehards watch that unwatchable debacle and say things that normal fans say when they're frustrated and there you are to personally blast them because they didn't post what you agreed with nor did they say it like you wanted them to.

I agree Diaco is not the only problem but the way you attack posters now is just bizarre. Maybe YOU need to take a break.

Reaction Score

When you are the only person making a claim that every person disagrees with, claim that all the good posters left the board. Nice job.

It is possible to realize that Diaco is (possibly) making an important cultural change and building a great defense but also that he needs to fire his offensive coordinator that is doing an absolutely horrendous job.

Reaction Score
I just saw the box score. They gave 2 fumbles and an int to Diaco. He was also responsible for all the sacks. Really...check the box score.

Yes, the play on the safety was a horrible call and he has done some head scratching things this year. But he is not the reason that our record is what it is.

I got it!! Diaco is blackmailing you with your naked photos!!!????

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yes he is.

As the head coach he is ultimately accountable for on field, off field and classroom performance. Right now it's obvious he can't excel at all three. We know for certain he is spitting the bit for on field performance.

Reaction Score
I started coaching youth football when I was 15-years old. I was a high school assistant coach for ten years. I have been coaching baseball for the last five years. At every level, I have experienced success, as both a player and a coach. Winning is not about talent. Sure it helps, but winning is a mindset. It's an attitude....a swagger. It's about preparation, confidence, and execution. Believing that on any given day, you can beat the team across from you. Not because you have more talent, but because you've prepared, physically and mentally. You believe in yourself and your teammates to play in the moment, because you've prepared for it in the weigh room, the film room, and in practice. You play fast, you play loose. You don't get rattled or frustrated. You remain confident, borderline cocky, in moments of adversity. You have a confidence. It's in your gait...your body language...your actions. When you play with confidence the game slows down. You see things more clearly. You don't think, you react. You play to win, because you believe you will. I don't see that with this team. They're tight, and they're playing not to lose. They lack confidence. You can see it in their eyes, their body language, and you can see it in the coaching. If this staff want to change the culture of UConn football, it starts with the coaches. Players tend to take on the personality of their coach. Diaco is a laid back, positive reinforcement, pat on the back, guy. It isn't working. The team has taken on that personality. Look at the coaches who have won titles, not just at UConn, but any school, on any level.. Fiery, confident, cocky, pains in the asses, who get their players to run through a wall (Calhoun, Auriemma, and Ollie). Players feed off their coaches. As a coach, you have to bring energy, fearlessness, and intensity, to each game. Diaco looks lost, scared, and has no confidence in his players. They know it, and it shows on the field. Their is no toughness, no fight, and a complete lack of confidence. This team has been emasculated. They need to grow a set and start punching people in the mouth. That starts and ends with Bob Diaco.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I started coaching youth football when I was 15-years old. I was a high school assistant coach for ten years. I have been coaching baseball for the last five years. At every level, I have experienced success, as both a player and a coach. Winning is not about talent. Sure it helps, but winning is a mindset. It's an attitude....a swagger. It's about preparation, confidence, and execution. Believing that on any given day, you can beat the team across from you. Not because you have more talent, but because you've prepared, physically and mentally. You believe in yourself and your teammates to play in the moment, because you've prepared for it in the weigh room, the film room, and in practice. You play fast, you play loose. You don't get rattled or frustrated. You remain confident, borderline cocky, in moments of adversity. You have a confidence. It's in your gait...your body language...your actions. When you play with confidence the game slows down. You see things more clearly. You don't think, you react. You play to win, because you believe you will. I don't see that with this team. They're tight, and they're playing not to lose. They lack confidence. You can see it in their eyes, their body language, and you can see it in the coaching. If this staff want to change the culture of UConn football, it starts with the coaches. Players tend to take on the personality of their coach. Diaco is a laid back, positive reinforcement, pat on the back, guy. It isn't working. The team has taken on that personality. Look at the coaches who have won titles, not just at UConn, but any school, on any level.. Fiery, confident, cocky, pains in the asses, who get their players to run through a wall (Calhoun, Auriemma, and Ollie). Players feed off their coaches. As a coach, you have to bring energy, fearlessness, and intensity, to each game. Diaco looks lost, scared, and has no confidence in his players. They know it, and it shows on the field. Their is no toughness, no fight, and a complete lack of confidence. This team has been emasculated. They need to grow a set and start punching people in the mouth. That starts and ends with Bob Diaco.

+1. Winning has as much as to with hating to lose as it does having to do with preparation and execution.

Does anyone think that any player or coach on the team has a fear of failure?

Reaction Score
No, I would love to see a o line player get ejected when they crush our qb or get a turnover. Show some fight and toughness.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If I said the final score is Tulane-7, UConn-3, would anyone bet against it?

Being half right on this prediction during the second quarter reminds me of a trip to Vegas.

I had unprotected drunk fornication with a prostitute. I woke up the next morning with the horrible realization that I probably gave her the clap. A bit later on I found out I only gave her the herpes. A $3800 medical bill later and we were square.

I didn't feel any better.

Predicting UConn final scores in the second quarter brings back those memories.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Being half right on this prediction during the second quarter reminds me of a trip to Vegas.

I had unprotected drunk fornication with a prostitute. I woke up the next morning with the horrible realization that I probably gave her the clap. A bit later on I found out I only gave her the herpes. A $3800 medical bill later and we were square.

I didn't feel any better.

Predicting UConn final scores in the second quarter brings back those memories.

I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure $3,800 doesn't make someone whole when you gave them herpes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I will quibble on one thing. In my experience, whether sports coaching (youth only) or business, confidence comes from preparation. If your sales team understands the product and knows the rebuttals cold, and is comfortable that the product team will deliver, they are confident, and confidence wins. This team is not prepared, which is why they are not confident.

Reaction Score

I think this is a very good posting. When Mikal Myers had two huge stuffs, he displayed an intensity that was refreshing. But I hardly see it. I don't see the energy. The high giving a teammate after a nice hit, lifting a quarterback/running back up after they are tackled. Patting a player on the *ss after he makes a mistake. Blocking to the whistle, with a little shove after the whistle (i.e Zack Hurd, Mo Petrus). That is a reflection on the tone set by the coaching staff.

there is no one on this board who deep down thought this team was going bowling. I think what we all wanted to see was an enthusiastic team who showed progress. A clear offensive vision. It is not happening on offense.

You can give your organization confidence, even if you don't always rah rah them to death. Clearly communicate expectations, be honest, follow through on what you say. These are good qualities of any leader, not just a coach. Get fired up before the game, during a half time speech! Kick a garbage can across the room, go to battle for your players on the field (don't smile when the ref makes a horrid call). They will feed off of the emotion.

Reaction Score
Was this the second or third time this season Whitmer fumbled the football without being touched? Does he have small hands?

Reaction Score
BNich said:
Was this the second or third time this season Whitmer fumbled the football without being touched? Does he have small hands?

You know what they say about small hands?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We were an embarrassment last year.....what does that make us now? Can we sink any lower?
Having Towson-like loss to Stonybrook?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
. Diaco ....has no confidence in his players. They know it, and it shows on the field. Their is no toughness, no fight, and a complete lack of confidence. This team has been emasculated. They need to grow a set and start punching people in the mouth. That starts and ends with Bob Diaco.

From day one BD has been telling us what a steaming pile of he inherited. The players were already lacking confidence and camaraderie from the prior HC and the performance last year. Repeatedly telling them they suck via media might not have been the right way to fix that.

It's too soon to know if Bob Diaco will be a bust, but I'll admit that I'm worried about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom